Sign in to follow this  
BAbrams

HCG as Mono-therapy

Hi there,

I have been on TRT for the last 9 months or so. I am a 27 year old with secondary hypogonadism . I am not a science guy and do what the doc tends to tell me. I started out taking Testosterone Cyp, injecting 0.5 ml once a week from a 200gm/ml vile....not even sure what the dose is!

I combined it with HCG 2,500ui twice a week (if that sounds right.)

Switched doctors, moved to the UK; everything is different here. The doc took me off the Test. as my RBC has tended to fluctuate; the Heamoglobin 174/176 g/L. They switched me to Androgels for a month...totally ineffectual for me and my Test levels went from 31 on injections to 10 (prior treatment i was 1.2-2).

How high are these bloods? Are they likely to be a worry if i stay on T? If I did stay on Test. would switching to a different ester impact the RBC?

The doctor wants me to be on HCG mono-therapy. I am open to the idea. I am however, curious as to why some doctors totally reject the idea of HCG mono-therapy and favor it only when combined with Test. when fertility is a concern. For me, fertility is not an issue. I just want to feel well, and after 4 weeks of renewed low T symptoms that were only getting worse, I dont really want to play the game of waiting another month here and there.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, BAbrams said:

Hi there,

I have been on TRT for the last 9 months or so. I am a 27 year old with secondary hypogonadism . I am not a science guy and do what the doc tends to tell me. I started out taking Testosterone Cyp, injecting 0.5 ml once a week from a 200gm/ml vile....not even sure what the dose is!

I combined it with HCG 2,500ui twice a week (if that sounds right.)

Switched doctors, moved to the UK; everything is different here. The doc took me off the Test. as my RBC has tended to fluctuate; the Heamoglobin 174/176 g/L. They switched me to Androgels for a month...totally ineffectual for me and my Test levels went from 31 on injections to 10 (prior treatment i was 1.2-2).

How high are these bloods? Are they likely to be a worry if i stay on T? If I did stay on Test. would switching to a different ester impact the RBC?

The doctor wants me to be on HCG mono-therapy. I am open to the idea. I am however, curious as to why some doctors totally reject the idea of HCG mono-therapy and favor it only when combined with Test. when fertility is a concern. For me, fertility is not an issue. I just want to feel well, and after 4 weeks of renewed low T symptoms that were only getting worse, I dont really want to play the game of waiting another month here and there.

Thanks!

0.5ml a week of 200mg test C = 100mg week, and it sounds like you were doing 500iu HCG week also.... Not surprised your T has dropped going from that to a gel. 

I think you’re saying Haemoglobin at 17.4/17.6 gm/dl but not sure, if correct that’s a higher then normal level. Causes? Main ones look to be dehydration and smoking. What has your doctor said about your levels? It’s them you need to speak to for clarification. 

HCG is often used alongside test (to maintain fertility) but some doctors use it solely as treatment for hypogonadism. boost the production of test, increase sperm, boost fertility etc. I’m guessing as “mono-therapy” You’d be dropping the gel? gel can still suppress the testes which is gona have an impact on your T. This link I just came across might be of interest. 

Your pre TRT levels were incredibly low. How did you feel on TRT with T levels of 31?  A T level of 10nmol would you put you as “normal” in the eyes of the NHS. What are they saying now for future treatment? Worth bearing in mind that Test C is available here in some private TRT clinics, I’m not sure about NHS, although test E is which is very similar anyway  (a whole other debate if you could get it on NHS though) 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:42 AM, Pez189 said:

0.5ml a week of 200mg test C = 100mg week, and it sounds like you were doing 500iu HCG week also.... Not surprised your T has dropped going from that to a gel. 

I think you’re saying Haemoglobin at 17.4/17.6 gm/dl but not sure, if correct that’s a higher then normal level. Causes? Main ones look to be dehydration and smoking. What has your doctor said about your levels? It’s them you need to speak to for clarification. 

HCG is often used alongside test (to maintain fertility) but some doctors use it solely as treatment for hypogonadism. boost the production of test, increase sperm, boost fertility etc. I’m guessing as “mono-therapy” You’d be dropping the gel? gel can still suppress the testes which is gona have an impact on your T. This link I just came across might be of interest. 

Your pre TRT levels were incredibly low. How did you feel on TRT with T levels of 31?  A T level of 10nmol would you put you as “normal” in the eyes of the NHS. What are they saying now for future treatment? Worth bearing in mind that Test C is available here in some private TRT clinics, I’m not sure about NHS, although test E is which is very similar anyway  (a whole other debate if you could get it on NHS though) 

Thank ylou so much for this! Appreciate the feedback; sorry for the delay.  I am surprised why the doctors assume the gels to be working as well as the shots. There is so much anecdotal evidence that suggests otherwise. 

The doctor has said that the levels are borderline high  and to keep track of them. I switched providers to a new doctor who has just proscribed Sustainon. How often would you get the levels tested? I dont smoke and tend to be well hydrated. I will make sure to keep at the drinking. 

I actually felt really great with levels of 31! I didn't really want to go down the route for Private TRT at this stage, given it cost a lot to get a lot of bloods done on private etc. I am anxious but excited to see what happens with Sustainon 250! 

26 minutes ago, BAbrams said:

How often would you get the levels tested?

When first starting out after 6 weeks, review, then 6 weeks/2 months later. It’s not unusual to have 4-5 blood tests in your first year of TRT. Get your dose dialled in and Once happy you can get away with 2 blood tests a year.

Just so I’m understanding your situation correctly: after self-administering TRT, you’ve managed to get Sustanon prescribed by the NHS? And at a current level of 10nmol+?

38 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

When first starting out after 6 weeks, review, then 6 weeks/2 months later. It’s not unusual to have 4-5 blood tests in your first year of TRT. Get your dose dialled in and Once happy you can get away with 2 blood tests a year.

Just so I’m understanding your situation correctly: after self-administering TRT, you’ve managed to get Sustanon prescribed by the NHS? And at a current level of 10nmol+?

Good to know! Sadly not on the NHS, I am with a private doc! Although I hope i can get the blood work eventually covered by the NHS?

2 minutes ago, BAbrams said:

Good to know! Sadly not on the NHS, I am with a private doc! Although I hope i can get the blood work eventually covered by the NHS?

Yeah I’m private and GP does my bloods. Best if your private doc writes to him and advises about that. Big money saver if you can make it happen.