Vinny

Face Masks Mandatory from 24th Of July?

If we assume 20% of the population have asymptomatic covid, and that masks reduce risk by 40% then about 200,000 people have to wear masks to prevent one extra infection. (Page 18) https://www.fhi.no/globalassets/dokumenterfiler/rapporter/20...

In other words, masks are idiotic. Not that this will change the minds of some fact-challenged individuals of course.

I'm not wearing a mask anywhere, line has to be drawn somewhere in this ongoing mass stupidity.

"Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither" - Benjamin Franklin.

7 minutes ago, neverminder said:

If we assume 20% of the population have asymptomatic covid, and that masks reduce risk by 40% then about 200,000 people have to wear masks to prevent one extra infection. (Page 18) https://www.fhi.no/globalassets/dokumenterfiler/rapporter/20...

In other words, masks are idiotic. Not that this will change the minds of some fact-challenged individuals of course.

I'm not wearing a mask anywhere, line has to be drawn somewhere in this ongoing mass stupidity.

How about we just assume that 100% of people are asymptomatic and assume it reduces infections by 100% how does that effect your made up numbers? 

Without just pulling numbers out of the air, face masks will save very few lives but are you really trying to say, someone should die, so you don't have a minor inconvenience?

I'm curious as to whether the people who are looking down their noses at others who are choosing not to wear masks with the potential loss of life this may cause, were themselves being pro-active, forward thinking and selfless enough to CHOOSE to wear masks at the very start of this outbreak in March,  BEFORE masks became socially acceptable and state mandated? 

Or were these people negligent enough to risk the lives of others before being instructed on what action to take?

6 hours ago, Lancashiregent said:

I'm curious as to whether the people who are looking down their noses at others who are choosing not to wear masks with the potential loss of life this may cause, were themselves being pro-active, forward thinking and selfless enough to CHOOSE to wear masks at the very start of this outbreak in March,  BEFORE masks became socially acceptable and state mandated? 

Or were these people negligent enough to risk the lives of others before being instructed on what action to take?

I personally know a few people, on my Facebook at least who have promoted the wearing of Masks and shamed people who dont wear them but they only started wearing them on the 24th, when told too by their Masters. 

This is what i mean. 

Its actually getting scary, people simply do not want to question this System, Goverments, Authority anymore. 

If it comes from "Authority" it must be sensible, trusted and for our best interests.

Sheep to the Slaughter. 

Oh well, i dont at least don't have any Children or Grandchildren that i will have to explain to them how i did nothing to stop the Tyranny takeover and mocked anyone speaking out. 

It is odd. I visit my local supermarket nearly every day for bits and bobs and dutifully put the mask on for the 5mins I am in there. Young males under 30? I would estimate only about 30% are wearing them in the shops.

Bafflingly I see loads of other people in their own car with no-one else in it wearing a mask ?!?  also people walking their dogs at least 50 yards from anyone else and wearing a mask - it's all just a little weird.

It is a bit ridiculous, and the majority of masks you can get do nothing to stop aerosols entering/leaving the mask, the gaps between the fabric compared to a virus, even in a vesicle, are too big to stop it passing through. I think (and this is only my 2 cents) that the government and other global health organisations need to look like they are being active to "ensure the safety" of the people when COVID restrictions get reduced, mainly to prevent those at risk from feeling like no one gives a whatsit. 

17 hours ago, neverminder said:

Fuk me.... just SLIGHTLY over-egging the pudding there mate, don’t you think? Or have the CCP infiltrated the British government and we’re heading for totalitarian Communist rule???

17 hours ago, Denied said:

How about we just assume that 100% of people are asymptomatic and assume it reduces infections by 100% how does that effect your made up numbers? 

Without just pulling numbers out of the air, face masks will save very few lives but are you really trying to say, someone should die, so you don't have a minor inconvenience?

1kplwyj5z4579ysojeuqwiqs99f5j3xta4hz66x.jpg.14b80a0560caed835ced0a39c82e8b14.jpg

4 hours ago, Zoob1234 said:

the government and other global health organisations need to look like they are being active to "ensure the safety" of the people when COVID restrictions get reduced, mainly to prevent those at risk from feeling like no one gives a whatsit. 

I agree... if masks were the answer we would all be wearing proper ones and not just any old 'face covering'.

11 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

I was in Asda two days ago. I wore a mask, but i'd say around 50% of people weren't, and that includes the staff

The staff don’t have to apparently. Yeah I walked straight past security into Asda without wearing one. He didn’t bat an eye lid 

Mask wearing in shops is becoming law on the 8th of August?! 

So this will go through the house of commons and be passed.

If the masks were effective (not n95s and ffp3s used to their time sensitive active lives, just any old rag as per the soon to be law) then why did we go through months of spending £3 billion per day on furlough and closed business?

Why did so many of our elderly die in nursing homes? refused treatment by the nhs despite paying into it for their entire working lives.

The question shouldn't be 'why don't you wear a mask?' but rather if all we needed was a thin sheet of cloth to protect us from the virus then why were so many allowed to die and the economy beaten to it's knees?

I'm not interested in the conspiracy behind it, little rag sheets don and doffed incorrectly do not work to protect against this virus period

The masks are a prop used in order to encourage public confidence to start spending again. 

There is endless resources on surgical mask filtration rate, sars cov2 particle size, 3m manufacturing alternative masks for airborne virus like covid 19 as well as surgical masks which they do NOT advise for such purposes.

But here's some quick facts:

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

On 31/07/2020 at 6:06 AM, wylde99 said:

I personally know a few people, on my Facebook at least who have promoted the wearing of Masks and shamed people who dont wear them but they only started wearing them on the 24th, when told too by their Masters. 

This is what i mean. 

Its actually getting scary, people simply do not want to question this System, Goverments, Authority anymore. 

If it comes from "Authority" it must be sensible, trusted and for our best interests.

Sheep to the Slaughter. 

Oh well, i dont at least don't have any Children or Grandchildren that i will have to explain to them how i did nothing to stop the Tyranny takeover and mocked anyone speaking out. 

Thank fcuk, ffs please don't breed, the child shouldn't have to endure a life of your pish.

5 minutes ago, Fattynomore said:

Thank fcuk, ffs please don't breed, the child shouldn't have to endure a life of your pish.

I used to work with a guy who was always on about the government trying to kill people off, mind control, chemicals in everything and all that, then he'd go and smoke 10 rollups a day at work lol. There's some fvcking idiots out there.

2 hours ago, swole troll said:

Mask wearing in shops is becoming law on the 8th of August?! 

So this will go through the house of commons and be passed.

If the masks were effective (not n95s and ffp3s used to their time sensitive active lives, just any old rag as per the soon to be law) then why did we go through months of spending £3 billion per day on furlough and closed business?

Why did so many of our elderly die in nursing homes? refused treatment by the nhs despite paying into it for their entire working lives.

The question shouldn't be 'why don't you wear a mask?' but rather if all we needed was a thin sheet of cloth to protect us from the virus then why were so many allowed to die and the economy beaten to it's knees?

I'm not interested in the conspiracy behind it, little rag sheets don and doffed incorrectly do not work to protect against this virus period

The masks are a prop used in order to encourage public confidence to start spending again. 

There is endless resources on surgical mask filtration rate, sars cov2 particle size, 3m manufacturing alternative masks for airborne virus like covid 19 as well as surgical masks which they do NOT advise for such purposes.

But here's some quick facts:

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

This sounds dangerously like common sense - let's be careful!

Quick summary here from your link:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

Final Thoughts

• Surgical masks – loose fitting. They are designed to protect the patient from the doctors’ respiratory droplets.  The wearer is not protected from others airborne particles
  • People do not wear masks properly. Most people have the mask under the nose. The wearer does not have glasses on and the eyes are a portal of entry.
  • The designer masks and scarves offer minimal protection – they give a false sense of security to both the wearer and those around the wearer.
    **Not to mention they add a perverse lightheartedness to the situation.
  • If you are walking alone, no mask – avoid folks – that is common sense.
  • Remember – children under 2 should not wear masks – accidental suffocation and difficulty breathing in some
  • If wearing a mask makes people go out and get Vitamin D – go for it. In the 1918 flu pandemic people who went outside did better.  Early reports are showing people with COVID-19 with low Vitamin D do worse than those with normal levels. Perhaps that is why shut-ins do so poorly. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.08.20058578v4

The main thing I hear people complain about every day  is why should they wear a mask in shops if the staff don't?

It appears that some people need the bleeding obvious stated to them. A shop worker is doing an 8 hour shift - bugger spending all that time in a mask. Customers are in there for about 15-20mins tops.