Vinny

Face Masks Mandatory from 24th Of July?

12 hours ago, Vinny said:

Says £100 fines.

The mayor was trying to be seen to do something. Fact is tfl do not have enough BTP officers to ensure everyone wears a face covering. 

4 hours ago, wylde99 said:

You guys trust the Goverment are doing it all for your Safety though so you don't need to worry do you? 

At this juncture I trust the government, more than your ability to spell.  
Young man, your speeling is atrocious!

6 hours ago, feelinfine said:

How hard is it to wear a mask? The level of selfishness and ignorance displayed by the general population makes me wonder how human kind have made it this far.

I don’t care it’s annoying as f**k. Sick of breathing in my own soggy breath. I guess its okay when your just having to wear them to go the shops but when you have to wear one for the majority of day like me then the news that I have to wear one for going shops is so annoying 

4 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

I don’t care it’s annoying as f**k. Sick of breathing in my own soggy breath. I guess its okay when your just having to wear them to go the shops but when you have to wear one for the majority of day like me then the news that I have to wear one for going shops is so annoying 

mate stop complaining you sound like a women on her period

4 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Get a decent one then not a shitty one and it'll be breathable 

call me a marxist but it's pure economics...they didn't give a toss about all the blue-collar workers packed to the gunwales on the early morning tube during the peak of the crisis...but as soon as they want all the white-collar workers back in their offices and everyone shopping on the weekend to bring money back into the economy they ask everyone to wear one...I can comfortably sit on the tube or the bus at least a metre away from everyone and as long as I'm not spitting or sneezing over anyone then we should be all good.

f**k me are they dragging the arse out of this one...

9 minutes ago, Ares said:

If sjacks had held out a little longer he could be selling his own masks now and making a killing! 

HAHAHAHA those T-Shirts Double as Face-Masks hahaha

1 hour ago, OptimumPT said:

Under Armours gym mask sold out within hours

cant understand why, washable ones only carry more bacteria, you need to use proper surgical 3 ply ones and throw away after use. Anything thats reusable isnt good.

19 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

just read you dont have to wear them in offices? lol

so you have to wear them in shops, but if you work in an office with other people you dont have to wear one??  ffs

Not needed in gyms either. 

2 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

or in a pub while on a table with 6x people lol. Its BS.

4 months late too!

f**ked isn't it. Government say if they were mandatory from the beginning they'd have given people a false sense of security so they'd be less likely to stick to the other rules. 

On 14/07/2020 at 2:43 PM, YoelD said:

My professional opinion is that masks are a waste of time. Really it's government wanting to be seen to do something and playing on people's paranoia. 

My original specialty was viral pathology in public health. I won't be wearing one.  I'll stick to the same advice we give during flu season - steer clear of sick people, wash your hands. 

How do you know who the carriers are? Did you learn that skill when studying viral pathology? 

1 hour ago, MrBrightside said:

How do you know who the carriers are? Did you learn that skill when studying viral pathology? 

You don't, but we cannot demonstrate that asymptomatic patients even infect others. In fact most studies have shown this doesn't happen. 

This is the current WHO position, based on all known published studies (with the traditional caveat). 

_20200714_165234.JPG

13 hours ago, YoelD said:

You don't, but we cannot demonstrate that asymptomatic patients even infect others. In fact most studies have shown this doesn't happen. 

This is the current WHO position, based on all known published studies (with the traditional caveat). 

_20200714_165234.JPG

This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur. 

So they're saying it might or it might not. 

2 hours ago, MrBrightside said:

This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur. 

So they're saying it might or it might not. 

They're saying there is no evidence that it occurs and it can't be demonstrated. 

16 hours ago, YoelD said:

_20200714_165234.JPG

What about presymptomatic?

54 minutes ago, Denied said:

What about presymptomatic?

Essentially exactly the same. There just isn't enough viral load unless someone is shedding and expelling via constant coughing, etc. 

Even then, for the most part it won't have a drastic effect. Critical cases are almost exclusively nosocomial because of the concentrated viral load and because the majority of people in care homes and hospitals have severe health problems. Wards and care homes aren't well known for ventilation, and free air exchange, and various ideas used (e.g. High-low oxygen) increase viral shedding. 

As we now know, this virus as infectious as we originally believed.