Sign in to follow this  
Lovelyjubly

Hows your gyn prepared ?

9 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

King's posted this. Tempted to just make a home gym, don't know if I can be assed with this, booking slots 1 hour

Screenshot-20200711-142117-com-instagram

This, I've already written this year off regarding my training. I've just been doing cardio and body weight exercises. 

I can tell you what I’m doing with mine;

We won’t be 24/7 for at least the first two weeks. Whilst we can be, when the rest of the industry isn’t, it could backfire on us or make us look irresponsible.

We won’t operate a booking system as our size means we won’t be at the cap per 100sqft based on previous usage.

We will be cleaning every 1-2 hours depending on usage

We will ask members to wipe down equipment when finished

We have installed hand sanitiser stations around the club

Our bathrooms / showers are all individual and private, so will remain in use

We will only run outdoor classes, depending on demand and weather to begin with

All equipment is spaced 3m apart and marked in zones with tape

Entry is contactless already

11 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

King's posted this. Tempted to just make a home gym, don't know if I can be assed with this, booking slots 1 hour

Although this looks a lot, it really isn’t. I work in ppe all day. You won’t need to train in it. Temp takes 5 secs max. Pointed at your melon. Take your own sanitiser.

Agree, it will quite challenging getting a slot booked but if you can get 2 sessions a week, you can get a good amount of your compound lifts in. I can’t at home.

Band work for bi/tri/facepulls, higher rep work and cardio can be done out of the gym 

1 hour ago, SwoleTip said:

Why say 1 per 100 sqft just work it out and say a number so people can understand no-one knows the footage of the  gym 

1 hour ago, SwoleTip said:

:lol: come on man, you must have known it was going to be like this!

24 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

:lol: come on man, you must have known it was going to be like this!

I knew large commercial chain gyms would, didn't think the private owned smaller gyms would. Cant be arsed, I'll keep looking for a gym that doesn't implement strict covid measures or just make my own gym. 

6 hours ago, SwoleTip said:

I knew large commercial chain gyms would, didn't think the private owned smaller gyms would. Cant be arsed, I'll keep looking for a gym that doesn't implement strict covid measures or just make my own gym. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually do all that. It's like a load of pubs has a booking system, but still letting people just turn up. The booking system is just for show.

My gym doesn't really need to change that much. It's a small independent gym. Everyone washes their hands when they arrive. Cleaning stuff is left out and everyone cleans everything after. There is a cap on how many people will be allowed in the gym, but it's rare that many people were ever in the gym, so won't make much difference.

2 hours ago, Chris Adams said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually do all that. It's like a load of pubs has a booking system, but still letting people just turn up. The booking system is just for show.

My gym doesn't really need to change that much. It's a small independent gym. Everyone washes their hands when they arrive. Cleaning stuff is left out and everyone cleans everything after. There is a cap on how many people will be allowed in the gym, but it's rare that many people were ever in the gym, so won't make much difference.

Mate, I don’t quite know why but your gym sounds like such a dull, lifeless place. 

I could imagine Radio 4 being played really quietly over the speakers so as not to disturb anyone.

18 minutes ago, js77 said:

Mate, I don’t quite know why but your gym sounds like such a dull, lifeless place. 

I could imagine Radio 4 being played really quietly over the speakers so as not to disturb anyone.

What type of music is played on radios 4? Plus where can .,,, I get cough cough speed cough cough those high sort of high......cough cough things. Sort of personal message on here on cough cough .   how to get those would be nice . Sorry if It this not in anyway in anything to do with what you said but seriously what do they play on that radio station? 

1 hour ago, Jackoffblades said:

What type of music is played on radios 4? Plus where can .,,, I get cough cough speed cough cough those high sort of high......cough cough things. Sort of personal message on here on cough cough .   how to get those would be nice . Sorry if It this not in anyway in anything to do with what you said but seriously what do they play on that radio station? 

No music on 4 my old fruit.

They talk about things such as basket weaving, the best way to rid your caravan of wood lice, homeopathic remedies made from grass cuttings and interviews with people like Kilroy Silk. 

Not really my cup of tea on leg day to be honest.

was an open day at my gym yesterday, people returning borrowed equipment and took walk round to see all the new equipment theyve bought and installed. Looks good! Cant wait to get back in there now. 

home training has been ok, but its bin 4 months!! Two more weeks then i can train properly, 3/4 more weeks, depending on what coach says, a cycle! Need at least a week or two to get use to the equipment and movements again.

Fook all that.  My gym has said nothing since they cancelled everyone's membership in April.  I wont be going back there 5 days a week like I used to.  Probably go once a week for some heavy deads/squats, and just keep training at home.  Slowly building a home gym.  I never want to be reliant on a gym again, you never know when it could be taken away from you again.

I'd definitely be looking to improve my home gym  if I was you boys. If the numbers go up again then we could well have another mini lockdown and gyms will be the first things to close again. From a nations health perspective you don't need a gym, just access to outdoors and your own body. Scant consolation to those of us who love gym life but that's the truth of it. 

Gym at the weekends for heavy leg sesh only after all the restrictions are lifted so until I can freely walk in and out of a gym ill continue to train at home with my 3 jbl xtreme bluetooth speakers and piss the neighbours off with cliff Richard :thumb

8 hours ago, js77 said:

You should see my gym. 

It was up for best boutique gym 2019. 

Do I need to say any more? 

11 hours ago, js77 said:

You got that from what I posted?:lol:

My gym is great. 7 squat racks. eleiko and power bars, calibrated, competition standard benches, hosts powerlifting comps etc