Sign in to follow this  
Fors331

The day has come... when will gyms open

10 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Bag of ice

That's a bit oldschool innit? Didn’t Mirkin recant it for all but 1st aid treatment?

just sayin’

4 minutes ago, hmgs said:

That's a bit oldschool innit? Didn’t Mirkin recant it for all but 1st aid treatment?

just sayin’

As in Mr Pube toupee? Hmmm. Not sure if you’re trying to be a smart arse and make a point or not?? 

Well, it’s a reference to social distancing and first aid with what I do. 

Ice does indeed constrict blood vessels which would limit the blood supply to the injury and if we wanted injuries to heal then we’d apply heat to dilate to encourage blood flow to the injury site....... however, we need to look at context first! 

Someone gets banged from playing rugby (which is what I’m involved with) then they will be given a bag of ice. Has a great psychological effect as well on the player. Players prefer ice over heat. 

Great pain killer = good enough. Bit like Winnecots ‘Good enough mother’.  

55 minutes ago, hmgs said:

Social distancing? Just seen Stormzy on the tv, decorating a kids room, no fu**ing social distancing going on there - BBC fielded the  “feel good” story with ne’er a comment on sd.  

Local Tesco extra - today removed floor markers...

Like BLM removing statues - erasing ‘history’ doesn’t mean it’s gone away, and won’t happen again. 

yes it does you vile disgusting racist. How dare you hurt my feelings and communist ideology :lol:

4 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Gyms will close again soon, better enjoy those 2 weeks of training and paying a full month for that s**t 

Na, covid patients will increase Its inventible but if they start closing businesses again everything will die out, they will/should not go through the lockdown again, it was a pandemic, it is now something we are all familiar with!

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

Cretins in supermarkets are shocking. No masks. 75% not keeping their distance behind me when queueing and they’re w/out masks. Don’t bother wiping off trolley/basket handles with anti bac that’s supplied in store. Shocking.

ive missed the gym but as much as I want to go back, won’t be going back until I see how things are fixed till August/September in regards to further outbreaks. 

There's zero chance this will be away by the end of the year.

It's here to stay for the long term. You may as well try and get on with life.

51 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

Na, covid patients will increase Its inventible but if they start closing businesses again everything will die out, they will/should not go through the lockdown again, it was a pandemic, it is now something we are all familiar with!

When there is another break out do you really think they'll just carry on as normal.....seriously! 

37 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

When there is another break out do you really think they'll just carry on as normal.....seriously! 

I really can’t see mass lockdown again. Country is already In financial ruin. We’ve proved the NHS can cope now and this virus isn’t going anywhere. 

some people have some truly awful choices now; work and risk the virus or go skint. 

as for gyms, getting a tattoo , going shopping , whatever , if people don’t want to go cos they’re scared, at risk or have at risk people at home then don’t. Get you food delivered and stay out the gym. For the rest of us let us have the choice. 

3 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

I really can’t see mass lockdown again. Country is already In financial ruin. We’ve proved the NHS can cope now and this virus isn’t going anywhere. 

some people have some truly awful choices now; work and risk the virus or go skint. 

as for gyms, getting a tattoo , going shopping , whatever , if people don’t want to go cos they’re scared, at risk or have at risk people at home then don’t. Get you food delivered and stay out the gym. For the rest of us let us have the choice. 

Work yes, leisure no. 

We'll have to go work somehow but if there is another wave then they will tighten up and gyms will be shut again. Point was they won't let you carry on going gym etc if there was to be another potential hit. 

7 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Work yes, leisure no. 

We'll have to go work somehow but if there is another wave then they will tighten up and gyms will be shut again. Point was they won't let you carry on going gym etc if there was to be another potential hit. 

But the gym is work for a lot of people

1 minute ago, Youdontknowme said:

But the gym is work for a lot of people

Yes I get that but you missing my point...

They won't let a load carry on in a sweatbox if pooh hits the fan and infection rates start going up. They'll have to scale it back and the leisure facilities will suffer first again 

7 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Yes I get that but you missing my point...

They won't let a load carry on in a sweatbox if pooh hits the fan and infection rates start going up. They'll have to scale it back and the leisure facilities will suffer first again 

Not missing the point and I fear you are right. 

my view on this is that people should be given the choice. If you’re worried don’t go. Unless of course infection rates get to ridiculous levels and the system really can’t cope. 

Either way, my gym is open on the 25th and I’ll be in there for sure. I’m not obese, bame neither do I have underlying health conditions (of any relevance). So I’ll be taking my chances, of course whilst doing everything I can to keep safe. 

ill keep my distance from people (just like I do in Tesco now all the one way stuff has been removed and it’s a free for all!) and I’ll clean everything before and after I use it. 

Yep il be in there Monday 25th.

Apparently at my gym I may have to book a time slot on an app And only be allowed in for 1 hour at a time, which will be interesting as I normally train longer than that, plus shower etc.

The new “normal” is gona be interesting. 

4 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Cretins in supermarkets are shocking. No masks. 75% not keeping their distance behind me when queueing and they’re w/out masks. Don’t bother wiping off trolley/basket handles with anti bac that’s supplied in store. Shocking.

This is what I mean. If they want to meet there friends and family that's fine but why do they need to be close to me when I'm at the supermarket. 

My mum has health problems so if I visit her I don't want to risk possibly catching it and passing it on. 

6 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

What about doctors and nurses and carers. Are they expected to stay at home when not at work.

It's not as simple as people are making out. 

It's ok people saying they will take there chances but you risk spreading it that's the problem. 

6 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Yep il be in there Monday 25th.

Apparently at my gym I may have to book a time slot on an app And only be allowed in for 1 hour at a time, which will be interesting as I normally train longer than that, plus shower etc.

The new “normal” is gona be interesting. 

Monday the 25th lol

3 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

What about doctors and nurses and carers. Are they expected to stay at home when not at work.

It's ok people saying they will take there chances but you risk spreading it that's the problem. 

Am Ard af innit fam

1 hour ago, Fors331 said:

Monday the 25th lol

Mate all the days have rolled into one during lockdown. Lol. When the gyms open il be there whatever day it is haha. 

10 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

What about them? I’m missing the point here for sure. Are you saying that if they can’t go the gym or a barbers then none of us should? 

of course if they are in a position of risk, which doctors and nurses are, they shouldn’t be going gyms and other places where there’s a greater risk of spread. 

3 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

What about them? I’m missing the point here for sure. Are you saying that if they can’t go the gym or a barbers then none of us should? 

of course if they are in a position of risk, which doctors and nurses are, they shouldn’t be going gyms and other places where there’s a greater risk of spread. 

''If'' opening gyms or barbers were to increase the spread of the virus and that's not me saying they will but just to go with the ''I'll take my chances'' argument. You don't just catch it at the gym and that's the end of the story you then risk spreading other places you go. 

The less people that have it the lower probability of it spreading. So when you open a gym you need to manage it so it's ''safer''. There will still be a risk but you manage it.

If I were a doctor/nurse/carer I wouldn't go to the gym or barber but I would still go to the supermarket or out exercising. 

Is the second peak waiting specifically for the gyms to open? 

it seemed to miss the riots, protests, reduction in 2 metre distancing and day trips to the beach despite everyone saying we're doomed :confused1: 

The virus is unquestionably still circulating but there will not be an outbreak anywhere close to the initial peak which the NHS coped with perfectly fine (many nightingales ending up mothballed) and as such I think a second lock down outside of exceptional circumstance and localized is pretty unlikely.

just be sure to go lighter than you think you need to and follow the rules when the gym's reopen.