B3NCH1

Millionaires of UKM

1 hour ago, Barry0121 said:

car shows it's the e30 M3 

My favourite car of all time.

I used to have a 1987 e30 325i MSport.... it’s no M3 but the e30 is an absolute icon.

1 hour ago, lancs_lad said:

After a VW caravelle LWB as I have 3 kids and my girlfriend has 2. 

Check insurance. I think beyond 8 seats it goes mental. 

Civic. How many of you with the German cars have that gay pops and bangs map? 

7 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Check insurance. I think beyond 8 seats it goes mental. 

They only have 7.  However, needs must so will just have to accept the cost if it's more.

I've had a standard transporter before which I converted into a dayvan/camper. Drive like a car rather than a van. 

LWB caravelles in manual are very rare. Plenty of DSG but not too keen on an auto. 

1 hour ago, jake87 said:

What civic you got? Pops and bangs!!:lol:

2 hours ago, jake87 said:

The crackle map, I think they call it, is cringeworthy. Most of the Audi RS engines have the rumble and the occasional pop & bang. My RS3 did, especially once the cats were taken out.  

What Civic is it? Is N/A or does it have some torque? 

3 hours ago, Shergar said:

Can’t wait for the new one to land next summer buddy, great little motor.

Danny

BC840D09-A9F4-4B48-B6FA-F96DA01C7FFF.jpeg

Nice mate! Is it standard? I had a Stage 3 Mk6 R. Absolutely loved it. Not sure what to make of the MK8. 

1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

The crackle map, I think they call it, is cringeworthy. Most of the Audi RS engines have the rumble and the occasional pop & bang. My RS3 did, especially once the cats were taken out.  

What Civic is it? Is N/A or does it have some torque? 

N/A. Its all about power to weight, if you drove it you would be surprised. 

1 minute ago, jake87 said:

N/A. Its all about power to weight, if you drove it you would be surprised. 

They're supposed to be nippy little things, aren't they and handle really well? Ever thought about supercharging it?

Just now, invisiblekid said:

They're supposed to be nippy little things, aren't they and handle really well? Ever thought about supercharging it?

I fitted a bigger engine in it so does alright, I also have a integra type r box with a higher final drive and lsd. It means it revs high doing 70mph but the limiter is nearly 9k so there's plenty left. 

If I came into some money and my miss said spend it on whatever you like, it would 100% get boosted. 10psi will take it to 300bhp

13 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

Same. Which one? I’ve got the 8V 400ps facelift now and had the pre-fl, which was running around 500ps

PFL. 472bhp 

Pretty expensive getting the PFL to 500bhp. You get a different turbo on yours? The facelift model can hit about 480bhp off just a map. 

IMG_20200702_114643_438.jpg

4 hours ago, jake87 said:

I have very slight pops and bangs. Have to let off at about 5000rpm and you only get a couple. Didn't want to go full ASBO, think it sounds ridiculous banging away when you're doing 15mph past Iceland. 

21 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

PFL. 472bhp 

Pretty expensive getting the PFL to 500bhp. You get a different turbo on yours? The facelift model can hit about 480bhp off just a map. 

IMG_20200702_114643_438.jpg

Lovely mate! My FL is going in for mapping next month. Can't wait.

My PFL had a small Loba LO500 hybrid on it. I got the turbo cheap from a friend who is a tuner so I thought why not. Increased top end and quicker spool. Win/win. 

I spent a fair chunk on that car - then crashed it. The best addition was the Bilstein PSS10 B16s & rear ARB. 

28 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

I have very slight pops and bangs. Have to let off at about 5000rpm and you only get a couple. Didn't want to go full ASBO, think it sounds ridiculous banging away when you're doing 15mph past Iceland. 

Yeh that's what I'm talking about, I watched an adamc video on YouTube and nearly every German car had the pops and bangs but it was too much like you said. Surely having the engine fire with the exhaust valves open can't be good long term 

2 hours ago, B3NCH1 said:

What civic you got? Pops and bangs!!:lol:

Ej6 with a b18 engine 

13 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

How do you like it? This was close to being my next car but I’m slowly talking myself out of it due to practicality (I like a boot...)

Umm, I mean as far as cars in this bracket of power / performance go I think it’s the best bang for buck. It’s not as luxurious as a c63 but that’s always been the trade off with bmw vs Merc; you get a better driver with bmw at the expense of less luxury items.

Mine is fully loaded but it is noticeable versus the merc.

Ive had a lot of problems with mine and im actually waiting for bmw to come out as we speak. It’s been having an ongoing issue since March that so far has had the rocker cover replaced as well as the injectors. Not sure what the issue still is.

It drives brilliantly and I never get bored of the noise. It’s also surprisingly economical if you want it to be and generally speaking, running costs are low for a car of this level.

2 hours ago, Bensif said:

Umm, I mean as far as cars in this bracket of power / performance go I think it’s the best bang for buck. It’s not as luxurious as a c63 but that’s always been the trade off with bmw vs Merc; you get a better driver with bmw at the expense of less luxury items.

Mine is fully loaded but it is noticeable versus the merc.

Ive had a lot of problems with mine and im actually waiting for bmw to come out as we speak. It’s been having an ongoing issue since March that so far has had the rocker cover replaced as well as the injectors. Not sure what the issue still is.

It drives brilliantly and I never get bored of the noise. It’s also surprisingly economical if you want it to be and generally speaking, running costs are low for a car of this level.

Other than the issues you’ve pointed out they’re the main reasons I’m interested. Used prices are relatively good, Great drivers car, power and with it being a smaller turbo engine economical if you want it. 

grrrr, I want one again. Performance estates are a tough choice at that price , cla 45 , s6 (v8) , etc!

3 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

My PFL had a small Loba LO500 hybrid on it. I got the turbo cheap from a friend who is a tuner so I thought why not. Increased top end and quicker spool. Win/win. 

I spent a fair chunk on that car - then crashed it. The best addition was the Bilstein PSS10 B16s & rear ARB. 

Thanks mate. It did have the dark grey diamond cut wheels but they were f**ked so got them done all one colour to match the poverty spec window trims! Ha. 

I'll do turbo next I think. It's needed for 500bhp I believe. Are those things you mentioned something to do with suspension?

3 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

Ahh just had a Google. Do they make 2 grand difference to the handling? 

12 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

Ahh just had a Google. Do they make 2 grand difference to the handling? 

And then some. If you have DCC, you'll also need a DCC cancellation kit. I had the iSweep Kit after spending weeks trying to get the KW kit to work.  

Completely transforms the handling and appearance of the car. I'll post up a pic of my PFL on Bilsteins in a bit 

1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

And then some. If you have DCC, you'll also need a DCC cancellation kit. I had the iSweep Kit after spending weeks trying to get the KW kit to work.  

Completely transforms the handling and appearance of the car. I'll post up a pic of my PFL on Bilsteins in a bit 

Is that adaptive cruise control? Mine doesn't have it.