Sign in to follow this  
Fors331

24/7 gyms aren't going to be 24/7 anymore!!

I never knew 24/7 gyms were reducing there opening hours! But according to my gym they have said they wont be open 24/7 anymore.

Wtf! I train at around 11pm and have shower ec then get back home for around 1am and have done for ages.

they will be closing at 10pm, once again i dont see the logic, all the people who train at at non peak times will have to train at peak times causing overcrowding.

i heard a lot of changes ec but always thought they would still be open 24/7, does anyone know of any gyms that are still remaining to open 24/7?  

E4F8407E-4142-4032-B8CD-6309F35BA0A7.png

I was going to change gyms and go to a leisure centre, just looked at there website and after 15years they have said due to not being open for 4months have got large debts due to coronavirus! 

this s**t is getting real!

22 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Might aswell join a private gym if that's the case, that was the only benefit these soyboy commercial gyms had 

Agreed, only reason i have been there so many years! But then the other gyms still aren't open 24/7 so doesn't really help me...

34 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

I never knew 24/7 gyms were reducing there opening hours! But according to my gym they have said they wont be open 24/7 anymore.

Wtf! I train at around 11pm and have shower ec then get back home for around 1am and have done for ages.

they will be closing at 10pm, once again i dont see the logic, all the people who train at at non peak times will have to train at peak times causing overcrowding.

i heard a lot of changes ec but always thought they would still be open 24/7, does anyone know of any gyms that are still remaining to open 24/7?  

E4F8407E-4142-4032-B8CD-6309F35BA0A7.png

Pics of physique or you don't train!!

Depends on the gym. Currently, manned ours only are not a requirement but a recommendation due to being unable to potentially maintain cleanliness in the absence of staff ‘out of hours’.

Will depend on usage. 

Same goes for the booking system.

1 hour ago, Bensif said:

Depends on the gym. Currently, manned ours only are not a requirement but a recommendation due to being unable to potentially maintain cleanliness in the absence of staff ‘out of hours’.

Will depend on usage. 

Same goes for the booking system.

Do you have any idea when we might get a definitive reopening date?

15 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

Do you have any idea when we might get a definitive reopening date?

Il be honest I was expecting it today, but Sage / WHO currently have a bee in their bonnet around ventilation and some recent science around aerosols!?! 

I have another brand advisory board meeting tomorrow which should have seen us discussing the opening date, but given it’s almost 16:00 it’s not looking likely.

The date currently being thrown around is 20-27th July.

Knowing the UK government you'll get told 3 days before.

Oh, and you'll also need to ensure you comply with XYZ before opening.

You'll also be fined if you don't, but we don't actually have the money to enforce that by sending people out, still we like to threaten people. 

Also you were 1 day late on your VAT return last year, don't you DARE do that again, or you'll have the lawyers outside your door in 10 mins flat. 

51 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Geez, too posh. 

Went from a 40 year old clip on bulb hanging from the corner

to a bright white LED strip light makes a big difference, adds 10kg to bench & deadlifts 

57 minutes ago, mrwright said:

My gyms open 24/7 and has been throughout

In fact it's recently had abit of a refurb and got some

new dumbbells

New lighting 

New cardio bits 

And it's pretty quiet

Mate no-one cares about your shed

1 hour ago, Bensif said:

Il be honest I was expecting it today, but Sage / WHO currently have a bee in their bonnet around ventilation and some recent science around aerosols!?! 

I have another brand advisory board meeting tomorrow which should have seen us discussing the opening date, but given it’s almost 16:00 it’s not looking likely.

The date currently being thrown around is 20-27th July.

Yeh same me, then they would open around 15yh-17th july, that was my honest thoughts, i thought boris might of said on Monday, hes taking the right piss now, i know he will announce anything at-least 2-3weeks before it happens so we might be looking to august the fu**ing pr**k

Some recent concerns have been raised a out virus particles hanging around in the air.  New research released apparently, they said ont the radio it could mean re-thinking the rules around indoor spaces.... 

All I want is a date so I can plan, don't care if it's August or September. They love keeping us in the dark and I would like to know the actual reason behind not opening gyms.

I don't think one official as said anything???

11 minutes ago, Mrmotivator said:

All I want is a date so I can plan, don't care if it's August or September. They love keeping us in the dark and I would like to know the actual reason behind not opening gyms.

I don't think one official as said anything???

Agreed although if it ends up being September boris is going to have a very dangerous enemy, like seriously that would be way overstepping the mark.

4 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

Agreed although if it ends up being September boris is going to have a very dangerous enemy, like seriously that would be way overstepping the mark.

Here is to hoping a November date then. You'll be too fat and drunk to get out your chair by September to even pose a threat to him.

10 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

Forget the personal attachment to this.

How can the smaller independent places of fitness / swimming pools etc remain in business without warning money? It has to be soon otherwise you will see mass closures and redundancy.

Maybe the government are willing to lose this sector for the "greater good" 

14 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Here is to hoping a November date then. You'll be too fat and drunk to get out your chair by September to even pose a threat to him.

The best motivator going, get back to your shed

9 minutes ago, Mrmotivator said:

Forget the personal attachment to this.

How can the smaller independent places of fitness / swimming pools etc remain in business without warning money? It has to be soon otherwise you will see mass closures and redundancy.

Maybe the government are willing to lose this sector for the "greater good" 

Yeh like i said earlier mate a leisure centre open for 15years have just said they unfortunately are closing permanently due to covid debts, im amazed i thought the government were looking after business's? But then i dont have one so i wouldn't know how they are apparently helping.