I am planning on getting the gyno surgery at the noa clinic in poland and I have some questions.

How long does the general aesthetic knock you out for?

Did you get left with scars?

What is the worst thing that could happen?

What are the main risks?

Main difference between getting it done in poland and in the UK?

Thanks a lot guys.

7 hours ago, Iridium said:

Until the surgery is over. 

No. Scars depend on incision entry point, method of removal and skin elasticity/age. 

Death. 

What are the main risks?

Death.  And Non removal of majority of gland meaning gyno can return (rare), chest/nipple indented, unhappy result, infection. 

Price. Quality. Service. Little trip on a plane. 

8 hours ago, Iridium said:

I am planning on getting the gyno surgery at the noa clinic in poland and I have some questions.

What are the main risks?

Thanks a lot guys.

It's local anaesthetic isn't it? Not general. 

Yes

Death

Death

Hygiene

4 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Until the surgery is over. 

No. Scars depend on incision entry point, method of removal and skin elasticity/age. 

Death. 

Death.  And Non removal of majority of gland meaning gyno can return (rare), chest/nipple indented, unhappy result, infection. 

Price. Quality. Service. Little trip on a plane. 

Yep ^ 

Exactly this. 

I've had it done abroad, much cheaper, travel is obviously a nuisance but reflected in the thousands of pounds you save 

And the worse thing that can happen during any anesthetized surgery is death as stated. 

ive had it done in 2014, no scars and no problems. gland removal and lipo at spire healthcare manchester. 

i would not go abroad just in case you develop issues,  just pay extra its your health at the end of the day.

I had gyno surgery a couple of months ago (March 2020) in Slovenia.

I went to a private clinic.
The surgery was great - no problems - it was over in a little more than 30min - I was talking with the surgeon the whole time.

I only had gland removal, because I was already lean, so I don't know how it would be if I also had liposuction.
Now, after 4 months, the bruises, swelling and blood under the skin are completely gone. There is no visible sign of anything - just a small (almond sized) swelling directly under the nipple, but the surgeon says it should go away during the next couple of months.

21 hours ago, carmovers said:

ive had it done in 2014, no scars and no problems. gland removal and lipo at spire healthcare manchester. 

i would not go abroad just in case you develop issues,  just pay extra its your health at the end of the day.

what's the difference apart from being able to pop to your clinic in Manchester?

....oh hang on...Price!! 

There is surgeons that actually have qualifications abroad you know :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, SuperRips said:

what's the difference apart from being able to pop to your clinic in Manchester?

....oh hang on...Price!! 

There is surgeons that actually have qualifications abroad you know :rolleyes:

It’s not just about price. Thats one factor.
And yeah a very important one but the most important thing to me when I had my surgery, was aftercare, which was included in fee, including revision surgery if required. 

No doubt you can get a good result abroad and of course there’s good reputable qualified surgeons there. But It’s not exactly convient and surgery and even general anaesthetic affects people differently. Some can be in/out great result, happy days. Others will require post-op consultations And more from aftercare. 

For example, I had to have a few injections to break up Stubborn Built up liquid in the healing process so I’d have had to go abroad like 3-4 times in my scenario. Would have been a nightmare. 

35 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

It’s not just about price. Thats one factor.
And yeah a very important one but the most important thing to me when I had my surgery, was aftercare, which was included in fee, including revision surgery if required. 

No doubt you can get a good result abroad and of course there’s good reputable qualified surgeons there. But It’s not exactly convient and surgery and even general anaesthetic affects people differently. Some can be in/out great result, happy days. Others will require post-op consultations And more from aftercare. 

For example, I had to have a few injections to break up Stubborn Built up liquid in the healing process so I’d have had to go abroad like 3-4 times in my scenario. Would have been a nightmare. 

You can get the aftercare over here, I did.

Took myself down to 'urgent care' twice and they drained my seroma with no issues, they took out a couple of stubborn stitches that didnt dissolve quick enough and gave me a cleaning pack and a number to call if I needed further assistance. Infact I got a card where it would act as like a 'que jump'....maybe the nurse liked playing with my pecs :D

Don't get me wrong they did ask me why I went abroad and my reply was because it was less than half the price than the surgery quoted me in London.  When I talked to my surgeon in Poland they said I was welcome back anytime but yes I see where you coming from about 'popping over the Poland' is just a little inconveniet. 

...but what I was getting at with my reply further up was correct its our health but shouldn't stop you thinking of going abroad especially when you can get aftercare over here. 

If the healing started to take a bad turn and needed revision then its not a massive pain to go back over poland for revision. Return flight cost me £72 first time and near £100 2nd visit (not for revision, for nipple reduction) and still saved myself £4800 with both separate procedures 

f**k that.  Do not go abroad. 

I had full gland removal in feb. I was back at the gym (very light , with no chest exercises) after 3 weeks.  

scars are tiny. Just around the nipple.

wore a compression vest for 2 weeks after surgery then compression top (under armour) for additional 4 weeks. Results are perfect and no chance of return. 

you get what you pay for. Don’t be tight. 

4 hours ago, SuperRips said:

You can get the aftercare over here, I did.

Took myself down to 'urgent care' twice and they drained my seroma with no issues, they took out a couple of stubborn stitches that didnt dissolve quick enough and gave me a cleaning pack and a number to call if I needed further assistance. Infact I got a card where it would act as like a 'que jump'....maybe the nurse liked playing with my pecs :D

Don't get me wrong they did ask me why I went abroad and my reply was because it was less than half the price than the surgery quoted me in London.  When I talked to my surgeon in Poland they said I was welcome back anytime but yes I see where you coming from about 'popping over the Poland' is just a little inconveniet. 

...but what I was getting at with my reply further up was correct its our health but shouldn't stop you thinking of going abroad especially when you can get aftercare over here. 

If the healing started to take a bad turn and needed revision then its not a massive pain to go back over poland for revision. Return flight cost me £72 first time and near £100 2nd visit (not for revision, for nipple reduction) and still saved myself £4800 with both separate procedures 

I get it, but private healthcare aftercare by a top UK surgeon/private clinic Vs just going to a NHS ‘urgent care’ unit, it’s really not comparable at all. If you pay over the odds for private healthcare, you’re quite rightly gona get a whole other level of service.  

I’m sure many would happily do as you have and save loads, understandable. But for some the travel/stress/time just isn’t worth it. I hate  flying for example so that stress after surgery, no thanks lol. Plus there are some associated risks with flying after surgery, DVT etc, but that’s another debate.

I paid about 3k for my surgery if I remember rightly, did a hell of alot of research beforehand, couldn’t have been happier with the service, result, aftercare.... Its not as simple as don’t go abroad or don’t be tight, each to their own, as long as you get a good result and are happy who gives a s**t. 

59 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

I get it, but private healthcare aftercare by a top UK surgeon/private clinic Vs just going to a NHS ‘urgent care’ unit, it’s really not comparable at all. If you pay over the odds for private healthcare, you’re quite rightly gona get a whole other level of service.  

Get what you saying but my point was you ain't just left in the lurch if have the procedure abroad, you have an issue then urgent care is there and they will treat you. Not just going to tell you to piss off because you went abroad. Top surgeon vs urgent care...does a top surgeon squeeze a seroma differently then?  

To many people get para when you mention going abroad for surgery like the surgeons over there don't have a clue what they are doing...

...and because you pay top dollar privately doesn't always mean that you WILL get whole other level of service. You only have to read up of some of the horror stories at that private clinic in London that were supposed to be the 'best' 

19 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Top surgeon vs urgent care...does a top surgeon squeeze a seroma differently then?  

Who knows. I haven’t experienced both. All I know is my experience, which with private healthcare was Easy to arrange, stress free and I had a great professional relationship with my surgeon who answered all my queries along the way. You don’t get any of that just going to urgent care and hoping for the best. It’s a whole Different level of service that is simply not comparable, as I was saying before. 

20 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Who knows. I haven’t experienced both. All I know is my experience, which with private healthcare was Easy to arrange, stress free and I had a great professional relationship with my surgeon who answered all my queries along the way. You don’t get any of that just going to urgent care and hoping for the best. It’s a whole Different level of service that is simply not comparable, as I was saying before. 

Same here, easy to arrange, no stress, banter with a top surgeon and his receptionist and answered all my questions....but was abroad!!

Just because a top surgeon is a 'top surgeon' doesn't mean a surgeon or nurse at ugent care is incapable. What is there to compare, you have an issue and off you go, get attended to and back home. You might have a professional relationship with your surgeon but that doesn't mean someone who works in urgent care can't give you the same attention. 

How different is the level of service having your tits drained if you have a 'top surgeon' at a private clinic :rolleyes:??????

...and I didnt have my procedure done by ugent care you know lol....I had a top surgeon believe it or not!!!

27 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Same here, easy to arrange, no stress, banter with a top surgeon and his receptionist and answered all my questions....but was abroad!!

Just because a top surgeon is a 'top surgeon' doesn't mean a surgeon or nurse at ugent care is incapable. What is there to compare, you have an issue and off you go, get attended to and back home. You might have a professional relationship with your surgeon but that doesn't mean someone who works in urgent care can't give you the same attention. 

How different is the level of service having your tits drained if you have a 'top surgeon' at a private clinic :rolleyes:??????

I never said anyone at urgent care is incapable?

Its the personal service that you’re paying for With private healthcare, that’s what makes it a completely different level of service to the NHS. What’s there to compare? Well There’s no wait in a  + e (which could be hours),  no explaining your situation to a stranger and Then waiting to be seen/dealt with accordingly. It’s a very different experience you’re getting, hence the cost difference. 

Think about it. If NHS had the same level of service as private healthcare, no one would go private. 

7 hours ago, Pez189 said:

I never said anyone at urgent care is incapable?

Its the personal service that you’re paying for With private healthcare, that’s what makes it a completely different level of service to the NHS. What’s there to compare? Well There’s no wait in a  + e (which could be hours),  no explaining your situation to a stranger and Then waiting to be seen/dealt with accordingly. It’s a very different experience you’re getting, hence the cost difference. 

Think about it. If NHS had the same level of service as private healthcare, no one would go private. 

Not my point, your missing it completely....

I'm not saying nhs is better than private, I'm not saying you get better service down urgent care, what I am saying is regardless what level of service you'll get, going urgent care if you have to (even when you've had the procedure abroad) then you can get the 'aftercare'!!! 

I'm not debating the type and levels between private vs abroad. I responded to the thread because its made out that its going to be difficult if something goes wrong when you get back to UK, that's bullshit...

Each to their own, im not bothered if I have to wait, I'm not fussed if I don't get a seat in a leather chair next to a fancy plant, not fussed either that I get a fancy cup of water...fact is and what I was saying is regardless what level you banging on about...if you go abroad and get back and you do have issues then you can go to urgent care and be seen, Fact. 

To many bang on about 'f**k that don't go abroad' 'id never go abroad' bla bla bla like all the surgeons are incompetent over there and your fcuked if you get issues when back. 

I get if you want to go private, its our choice but going abroad doesn't leave you in the lurch. 

Quote: would not go abroad just in case you develop issues,  just pay extra its your health at the end of the day.

This is what my response was to before you assumed I was getting at something else 

3 hours ago, SuperRips said:

Not my point, your missing it completely....

I'm not saying nhs is better than private, I'm not saying you get better service down urgent care, what I am saying is regardless what level of service you'll get, going urgent care if you have to (even when you've had the procedure abroad) then you can get the 'aftercare'!!! 

I'm not debating the type and levels between private vs abroad. I responded to the thread because its made out that its going to be difficult if something goes wrong when you get back to UK, that's bullshit...

Each to their own, im not bothered if I have to wait, I'm not fussed if I don't get a seat in a leather chair next to a fancy plant, not fussed either that I get a fancy cup of water...fact is and what I was saying is regardless what level you banging on about...if you go abroad and get back and you do have issues then you can go to urgent care and be seen, Fact. 

To many bang on about 'f**k that don't go abroad' 'id never go abroad' bla bla bla like all the surgeons are incompetent over there and your fcuked if you get issues when back. 

I get if you want to go private, its our choice but going abroad doesn't leave you in the lurch. 

Quote: would not go abroad just in case you develop issues,  just pay extra its your health at the end of the day.

This is what my response was to before you assumed I was getting at something else 

Well of course you can go to urgent care (for anything) but not sure I’d call it or look at it as dedicated “aftercare”, but yeah an option I suppose if you’ve got nothing else/better and don’t mind waiting in there with the drunks and emergencies, each to their own. 

4 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Well of course you can go to urgent care (for anything) but not sure I’d call it or look at it as dedicated “aftercare”, but yeah an option I suppose if you’ve got nothing else/better and don’t mind waiting in there with the drunks and emergencies, each to their own. 

I aint no snob mate, aslong as I get seen to. 

Didnt say dedicated either, I said I went and had my seroma drained twice :rolleyes: