Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lancs_lad

How many squat racks does one man need?

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, lancs_lad said:

Added these two yesterday to my "home gym" 

5 wall mounted and a yoke that doubles up in there now.

 

IMG_20200704_160108-01.jpeg

IMG_20200704_160122-01.jpeg

Looks like a pretty big space, mate. Very nice :thumbup1: Enough room for benching in those racks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, lancs_lad said:

It's a small group training studio I run from home. 

I bet you are inundated with people wanting to train with you at the minute? That’s a great space you’ve got there. Very jealous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sean m said:

They look really close to the wall. 

60cm, nearest one looks closer because of pillar. Still plenty of room to get head under.

The other 3 I have are strength shop ones, I've modified them to be 40cm away and still doesn't feel too close to the wall.

Ps I no longer use the wedge as my dorsiflexion has improved/use massive heels. Shattered talus 5 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lancs_lad said:

60cm, nearest one looks closer because of pillar. Still plenty of room to get head under.

The other 3 I have are strength shop ones, I've modified them to be 40cm away and still doesn't feel too close to the wall.

Ps I no longer use the wedge as my dorsiflexion has improved/use massive heels. Shattered talus 5 years ago.

Nice belt mate. I've got the tapered version from Strength Shop and I absolutely love it. The levers are spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, feelinfine said:

Nice gym. How much did the entire set up cost you? What do you use for the airflow in there?

Probably close to 8k with all my strongman toys.

Two windows on back wall and the front door open.  It's not insulated so get hot in sun and cold in winter.  I do have an infrared Heater which is good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/07/2020 at 8:46 AM, Tonysco said:

1 for squats, 1 for OHP, 1 for rows, 1 for rack pulls and 1 for curls.

Sounds about right.

Got loads of time for people who curl in squat racks.....welcome to Pure Gyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, js77 said:

Got loads of time for people who curl in squat racks.....welcome to Pure Gyn

Years ago i was in a virgin fitness gym, not a bad place really but more of a "health club" than a gym.

Usually busy but this day we were doing legs, looked around and seen the power racks were full. After warming up with some ham curls and extensions we looked again and a group of teenagers had taken up a rack to do curls. They had lifted one of the EZ bars from the preacher bench and brought it over to the rack. It just managed to rest on the safeties with about a 1/4" either side on them. 

After having a bit of a laugh we decided to go over and ask them to move. They didn't take it kindly in the slightest, eventually they decided to move on. 

The best decision we made not long after is to never go back to anything resembling a puregym. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tonysco said:

Years ago i was in a virgin fitness gym, not a bad place really but more of a "health club" than a gym.

Usually busy but this day we were doing legs, looked around and seen the power racks were full. After warming up with some ham curls and extensions we looked again and a group of teenagers had taken up a rack to do curls. They had lifted one of the EZ bars from the preacher bench and brought it over to the rack. It just managed to rest on the safeties with about a 1/4" either side on them. 

After having a bit of a laugh we decided to go over and ask them to move. They didn't take it kindly in the slightest, eventually they decided to move on. 

The best decision we made not long after is to never go back to anything resembling a puregym. 

I doubt I’d last a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I doubt I’d last a week. 

We got 6 months membership cheap as a deal since it wasn't long opened.

Couldn't complain really as it included access to a pool, sauna, steam room and classes for the kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Years ago i was in a virgin fitness gym, not a bad place really but more of a "health club" than a gym.

Usually busy but this day we were doing legs, looked around and seen the power racks were full. After warming up with some ham curls and extensions we looked again and a group of teenagers had taken up a rack to do curls. They had lifted one of the EZ bars from the preacher bench and brought it over to the rack. It just managed to rest on the safeties with about a 1/4" either side on them. 

After having a bit of a laugh we decided to go over and ask them to move. They didn't take it kindly in the slightest, eventually they decided to move on. 

The best decision we made not long after is to never go back to anything resembling a puregym. 

I've been in gyms that had fixed weight barbells up to 50kg and still people would curl the Olympic bar in the squat rack even though they are lifting less than 50kg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×