Sign in to follow this  

Hi sorry if this is the wrong section, not sure where to put it, anyway I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a version of finasteride which is oral in solid tablet form? Wouldn't mind giving it a go but trying out a low dose. Dunno how practical it would be with liquid versions. Does what I'm looking for exist?  Can't seem to find any myself. 

Cheers. 

Err yeah, tablet form of fina does exist. It’s mostly prescribed in tablet form bro

You can get 1mg or 5mg tablets 

But I’d rather be a bald c**t than take fina, horrible stuff dht blockers are 

Using it for hair loss is pure phaggotry, it’s only place imo, is for serious issues, like prostate problems 

5 hours ago, CarrotTop said:

Err yeah, tablet form of fina does exist. It’s mostly prescribed in tablet form bro

You can get 1mg or 5mg tablets 

But I’d rather be a bald c**t than take fina, horrible stuff dht blockers are 

Using it for hair loss is pure phaggotry, it’s only place imo, is for serious issues, like prostate problems 

I aren't really even losing my hair to any serious extent but the hairline has changed a little over the last few years and planning to throw some dhts at myself when gyms open up if it's not too impractical to even do a real workout with new rules/new people just messing about. Is the topical stuff less problematic? I'm sure I've seen some research somewhere saying it had little to no effect on systemic dht, never thought about that when considering the oral version. And yeah, I am a phaggot, braved the shave during lockdown when I let the missus attempt to cut my hair and it wasn't a good look at all. 

I take finesteride it's 15 quid roughly for 30 1mg tabs from assured pharmacy the website it's legit , take half a tab a day that's suppose to be sufficient I'm taking a little more but only as im on cycle , I've had a hair transplant in turkey 

33 minutes ago, Jamiewilliamsss said:

I take finesteride it's 15 quid roughly for 30 1mg tabs from assured pharmacy the website it's legit , take half a tab a day that's suppose to be sufficient I'm taking a little more but only as im on cycle , I've had a hair transplant in turkey 

Cheers ill take a look, have you noticed any bad sides yourself? 

2 hours ago, Seanlgj said:

I aren't really even losing my hair to any serious extent but the hairline has changed a little over the last few years and planning to throw some dhts at myself when gyms open up if it's not too impractical to even do a real workout with new rules/new people just messing about. Is the topical stuff less problematic? I'm sure I've seen some research somewhere saying it had little to no effect on systemic dht, never thought about that when considering the oral version. And yeah, I am a phaggot, braved the shave during lockdown when I let the missus attempt to cut my hair and it wasn't a good look at all. 

The f**k are you thinking?

4 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

The f**k are you thinking?

That my hair is in it's way out in the next 5/10 years regardless of AAS probably, so I'm looking at ways to extend it's lifespan long before it gets silly looking. If it's doable without sacrificing too much, why not? Baldy just doesn't suit me. 

5 minutes ago, Seanlgj said:

That my hair is in it's way out in the next 5/10 years regardless of AAS probably, so I'm looking at ways to extend it's lifespan long before it gets silly looking. If it's doable without sacrificing too much, why not? Baldy just doesn't suit me. 

Get a wig bro. Francis Rossi from Quo your hero? No problem, look like Rossi

7 minutes ago, Seanlgj said:

Because it's clear you don't have any understanding of what you're talking about.

Drugs and stupidity don't go well, buddy, they do not go well.

1 minute ago, simonboyle said:

Because it's clear you don't have any understanding of what you're talking about.

Drugs and stupidity don't go well, buddy, they do not go well.

I have a basic understanding, I want to hear from people who have used it themselves though. This is an otc drug I'm considering trying at a lower than prescribed dose to assess my reaction and go from there. Your comment sounds like I was planning on smoking crack for a pre workout or some s**t. Are there not plenty of people out there who take finasteride and don't have any problems?  What are the dangers in your opinion?  I don't plan on just grabbing it and jumping on without knowing all the risks.  Don't be so condescending. 

4 hours ago, Seanlgj said:

I have a basic understanding, I want to hear from people who have used it themselves though. This is an otc drug I'm considering trying at a lower than prescribed dose to assess my reaction and go from there. Your comment sounds like I was planning on smoking crack for a pre workout or some s**t. Are there not plenty of people out there who take finasteride and don't have any problems?  What are the dangers in your opinion?  I don't plan on just grabbing it and jumping on without knowing all the risks.  Don't be so condescending. 

It is not an OTC drug. Asking someone for their experience is irrelevant to you at this point.

Would you take a junkies word over a scientist? The junkie will tell you smack is great.

You don't even know that it's prescription only and think it's something you buy at boots.

Mate. Buy a clue first, please. Read. You're in the internet asking a hunch of randoms for advice when you could be reading factual information.

That is dumb.

4 hours ago, Seanlgj said:

All these questions are answered in the medical literature. 

Which you clearly haven't bothered even looking at.

Side effects of every drug are listed everywhere.

The sides of finasteride are horrible.

But fire away.

Some dude on the internet will say it's fine. And you'll go with that.

You know it, I know it.

So just go and take it and then don't moan when you end up in a shitty situation.

4 hours ago, simonboyle said:

All these questions are answered in the medical literature. 

Which you clearly haven't bothered even looking at.

Side effects of every drug are listed everywhere.

The sides of finasteride are horrible.

But fire away.

Some dude on the internet will say it's fine. And you'll go with that.

You know it, I know it.

So just go and take it and then don't moan when you end up in a shitty situation.

I've never had any of the listed possible side effects of any other drug before, it's wise to be aware of them and I am but hearing from others with first hand experience is not useless. 

You're right, I was thinking of something else when I said otc. I aren't just looking to be given the go ahead by a stranger while ignoring bad reports though. I'm in two minds, the sexual sides would be annoying but I wonder whether if I encountered them and decided to discontinue using it how quickly they would they dissipate. I get that's an individual thing with tons of variables and I've heard of people having trouble with it for a while, is it known what drives this? If 5ar isn't being inhibited anymore presumably dht level should recover and sexual function along with it? Does finasteride downregulate some receptors involved in libido? Or just having lowered dht for a period of time? 

Can get a year's supply from places like inhousepharmacy/alldaychemist for about 30 quid. If you don't mind nibbling on the 5mg pills. 

5 hours ago, Seanlgj said:

I've never had any of the listed possible side effects of any other drug before, it's wise to be aware of them and I am but hearing from others with first hand experience is not useless. 

You're right, I was thinking of something else when I said otc. I aren't just looking to be given the go ahead by a stranger while ignoring bad reports though. I'm in two minds, the sexual sides would be annoying but I wonder whether if I encountered them and decided to discontinue using it how quickly they would they dissipate. I get that's an individual thing with tons of variables and I've heard of people having trouble with it for a while, is it known what drives this? If 5ar isn't being inhibited anymore presumably dht level should recover and sexual function along with it? Does finasteride downregulate some receptors involved in libido? Or just having lowered dht for a period of time? 

All things you should research for yourself as opposed to asking random dudes on a forum. 

No, it won't simply recover. Unless it does.

And I haven't even touched on the, sorry, stupidity, of someone worried about hair loss and dht, wanting to run dhts, and now wanting to take something to combat dht sides and probably f**k himself up.

Spironolactone dissolved in 1 part rubbing alcohol 1 part alpecin after shampoo liquid. Apply topically on the scalp daily.

Have used this for almost 10 years now.

Rather than taking a systematic approach with finasteride which can lead to undesired side effects (ED), this works topically only (ignoring a very low amount of absorption and dissemination).

8 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

All things you should research for yourself as opposed to asking random dudes on a forum. 

No, it won't simply recover. Unless it does.

And I haven't even touched on the, sorry, stupidity, of someone worried about hair loss and dht, wanting to run dhts, and now wanting to take something to combat dht sides and probably f**k himself up.

There are some knowledgeable guys around here, maybe someone could've saved me hours pawing through mind numbing ncbi stuff to - maybe- find answers to those pretty specific questions. Relax mate, dhts are a trade off I'm happy to make, just wondering if I can have my can and eat it. I'm an adult, if I decided to take finesteride and killed my dick forever it would be on me wouldn't it, and I wouldn't be back here to cry about it. 

24 minutes ago, Seanlgj said:

There are some knowledgeable guys around here, maybe someone could've saved me hours pawing through mind numbing ncbi stuff to - maybe- find answers to those pretty specific questions. Relax mate, dhts are a trade off I'm happy to make, just wondering if I can have my can and eat it. I'm an adult, if I decided to take finesteride and killed my dick forever it would be on me wouldn't it, and I wouldn't be back here to cry about it. 

You'd be the first then.

And to be honest, saying you're fine with making stupid and uninformed choices doesn't make it any better. It actually makes it worse.

Here's a crazy idea. How about avoid the dhts and then you won't need the fina.

Mind blowing I know.

3 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

You'd be the first then.

And to be honest, saying you're fine with making stupid and uninformed choices doesn't make it any better. It actually makes it worse.

Here's a crazy idea. How about avoid the dhts and then you won't need the fina.

Mind blowing I know.

Like I said, I'm happy to make the trade off with dhts (sacrifice hair). Not fine with casually fu**ing myself up with 5ar inhibitors. Exploring my options for hair preservation, yes avoiding dhts is the best hair preserver don't bother restating it. I'm probably not even going to bother with finasteride at this point in time, first post gave the wrong impression, I was exhausted and was conflating/combining two separate drugs into one none existant drug. You can stop worrying about my knob now, your concern is noted though thanks buddy. 

1 hour ago, TRT said:

Can get a year's supply from places like inhousepharmacy/alldaychemist for about 30 quid. If you don't mind nibbling on the 5mg pills. 

Pill splitter problem solved people take 1.25 mg ( a quarter a day )

17 hours ago, Seanlgj said:

Cheers ill take a look, have you noticed any bad sides yourself? 

0 sides mate millions of people take it try it u get ant stop most people are fine don't believe the scare mongering 

16 hours ago, CarrotTop said:

Goodbye sweet hair 

Not really ,  I'm on test and finesteride which is a dht blocker I've had 5900 grafts so in theory the transplanted hairs are more resistant to dht , I had also lost most my hair on top and my hair loss had slowed and maybe stoped so in theory this shouldn't do much damage at all 

8 minutes ago, Jamiewilliamsss said:

0 sides mate millions of people take it try it u get ant stop most people are fine don't believe the scare mongering 

Cheers for the input. On reflection I'm gonna explore some more.. accurately targeted/less extreme things before I go down this route though.