Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

Anywhere you can actually buy weights from

Is there anywhere? Can’t find anywhere that has them in stock and won’t take like a month to deliver. All there’s left are over £100 for some 10kg pair of vinyl dumbells which isn’t going to anything for me 

33 minutes ago, MrDB90 said:

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/weights-and-barbells/weight-plates-discs/olympic-weight-plates/rubber-encased-tri-grip-olympic-weight-plates?viewall=1&p=1

They seem to have new stock on a weekly basis. The only issue is that you tend to have to make separate orders on separate days to get what you want, which means multiple delivery charges. 

Do you have to wait ages for delivery?

19 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Do you have to wait ages for delivery?

I’ve had 3 separate deliveries from them and each one turned up within the week. I’ve just placed an order for 2 x 15kg plates today. They’ll probably be here by Friday. 

I noticed that the plates I ordered today are already out of stock though. 

3 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Is there anywhere? Can’t find anywhere that has them in stock and won’t take like a month to deliver. All there’s left are over £100 for some 10kg pair of vinyl dumbells which isn’t going to anything for me 

If you really need something order from all the uk and de sites and just click the notification button, stock is arriving monthly but if you aren't on the notify list you are going to miss out.

IMO gyms wont be reopening anytime soon, so in another month you'll still be in the same boat wishing you had been on the list a month earlier.

1 hour ago, SwoleTip said:

You're gonna have to spend like £800-1000 to have a home gym right? 

I got mine 

Rack

top an bottom cable

barbell

150 odd kg weights

bench

2 olympic dumbbells

and a weight tree

And flooring, lights for about £400

3 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

I just sold 2 20kg plates for £85

14 minutes ago, mrwright said:

I got mine 

Rack

top an bottom cable

barbell

150 odd kg weights

bench

2 olympic dumbbells

and a weight tree

And flooring, lights for about £400

If I could get all this for that price I'd be all over it. Good buy! :thumb

Not being ripped off by these websites just because I'm desperate 

4 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

That would be £50 for 1 20kg I doubt because that’s a really good price. Edited I just looked good god your right they are selling them as a pair

12 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Eeeeergh disgusting looking plates 

Agreed. But it's better than a bag of bricks or nothing. 

I've got some old York iron plates, a couple of competition 20kg bumpers and some Primal calibrated 25kg plates - which are v pretty, but stupidly expensive. 

2 hours ago, stargazer said:

If you really need something order from all the uk and de sites and just click the notification button, stock is arriving monthly but if you aren't on the notify list you are going to miss out.

IMO gyms wont be reopening anytime soon, so in another month you'll still be in the same boat wishing you had been on the list a month earlier.

Yes and you need to move immediately when you get the notification, they are likely to be sold out in a matter of minutes.

I just paid 180 quid for a barbell and £430 quid for 4 x 25kg. Prices are a joke currently but the inevitable second wave will ensure that gyms probably remain closed for ages. I got ripped off but could not find any in stock hardly anywhere.

28 minutes ago, mrwright said:

I just want cheap 5kg plates

That link someone has posted on here extreme fitness there selling 2x5kg for £35 you won’t get cheaper than that not even 2nd hand