Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

Anywhere you can actually buy weights from

4 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Lol you guys are getting ripped off

Weights have always been pricy. Iv had Olympic barbell with other 100kg in plates before, I remember it cost me loads. It’s only the 2nd sellers that are ripping people of because all weights are out of stock 

2 hours ago, SwoleTip said:

If I could get all this for that price I'd be all over it. Good buy! :thumb

Not being ripped off by these websites just because I'm desperate 

You could quite regularly get stuff like that for that price before the lockdown. 

25 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

That link someone has posted on here extreme fitness there selling 2x5kg for £35 you won’t get cheaper than that not even 2nd hand 

I'd pay 20 quid delivered max anything else is bullshit 

I don’t need dumbells Iv got these. There around 30kg each I reckon. Use 2 bags or they might rip. Look for big rocks or stones that are heavy. You can find loads on rivers or in peoples front gardens late at night time off course. Iv made loads of progress with these. They need filling up more now there starting to feel to light. Oh and it’s free 

86CB921C-81BA-4342-BD29-407AFABEF7DB.jpeg

42 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

You could quite regularly get stuff like that for that price before the lockdown. 

Notsureifsrs, it was milessss cheaper. I will not cave and pay some chump these extortionate prices. 

52 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Weights have always been pricy. Iv had Olympic barbell with other 100kg in plates before, I remember it cost me loads. It’s only the 2nd sellers that are ripping people of because all weights are out of stock 

Nah never seen it this bad. Even my dad (who owns a few weights) said WTF at the current prices. I'd rather just wait it out than get ripped off. 

My mate managed to get some free weights and incline bench on facebook from someone local giving them away, lucky bastard 

5 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Nah never seen it this bad. Even my dad (who owns a few weights) said WTF at the current prices. I'd rather just wait it out than get ripped off. 

My mate managed to get some free weights and incline bench on facebook from someone local giving them away, lucky bastard 

Do what I said about the big stones in the bags I seem to have made more progress with them than dumbells for some reason 

2 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Do what I said about the big stones in the bags I seem to have made more progress with them than dumbells for some reason 

I know a lad that bought a weight vest and is been doing push ups, he's made some good progress 

I just do

Pull ups

decline push ups

curls, rows, OHP (with 35kg of weight :lol:

16 hours ago, jd said:

These had some in for quite a few weeks until recently so might be worth keep checking

https://www.extremefitness.co.uk/cast-iron-2-olympic-weight-plates

rebel strength won’t take a month either and have weights in stock it will more likely be 2 months 

Can I reserve equipment on here ready for when they come in stock? I can’t figure out how to do this

I've been setting up alerts on websites for weights, I'm building a whole home gym in my garage laying flooring tomorrow (11 x 6ft by 4ft stall mats)  power on friday, so far I have lat pull down machine, leg press/hack squat machine on order, oly bar due in a week, 2 x dumbbell racks but no dumbbells :lol:, dual cable machine due on Friday, power rack should be back in stock for pre order for 3 weeks delivery today apparently according to website I'm using, and their bumper plates mod July, then buying 2.5-50kg dumbbells not cheap but very cheap comparing to other websites which are also out of stock anyway. Didn't really want no 2nd hand plus all inflated prices rather but brand new 

I'm looking out for a cage, 100kg in weights and a bench.

I'm happy to wait to than have my eyes pulled out. When the gyms do open and if they manage to stay open there will be an abundance of equipment around.

I'm quite enjoying garden workouts with my water jugs.

I have some standard cast iron weight

13 hours ago, mrwright said:

I'd pay 20 quid delivered max anything else is bullshit 

It's a sellers market at the moment. 2x5kg plates. Basically £3 per kilo is fair, IMO. Especially for iron weights rather than the sandbag nylon ones.

1 hour ago, Toranator said:

I've been setting up alerts on websites for weights, I'm building a whole home gym in my garage laying flooring tomorrow (11 x 6ft by 4ft stall mats)  power on friday, so far I have lat pull down machine, leg press/hack squat machine on order, oly bar due in a week, 2 x dumbbell racks but no dumbbells :lol:, dual cable machine due on Friday, power rack should be back in stock for pre order for 3 weeks delivery today apparently according to website I'm using, and their bumper plates mod July, then buying 2.5-50kg dumbbells not cheap but very cheap comparing to other websites which are also out of stock anyway. Didn't really want no 2nd hand plus all inflated prices rather but brand new 

Wish I had that much money! 

All these people you see now splashing thousands on gym gear just because the gyms are shut crazy i was looking at a dip attachment but 30 quid seemed expensive! 

It's a case of supply and demand. The major outlets will have seen an uplift from their suppliers for sure, many will pass that on. Some will profiteer. That's life. You have to decide if you're prepared to pay over the odds, shop around or go without. It's all choice and circumstance.

I shopped around and admittedly overpaid on a couple of items out of sheer desperation. I paid a couple of hundred over the odds on a bench, squat stands and an oly bar. Would I do it again? In a heart beat. A couple of hundred extra over not being able to train? Easy decision if you're in a position to do it. Unfortunately, not everyone is, for whatever reason. Everything I've laid out has been offset by savings on fuel, car parking, gym membership, sport on TV etc. I haven't spent a penny more than I would have usually and I have a load of equipment to show for it. I'm tight like that. Everything is evaluated to the nth degree, to the point of anxiety at times. Which is why I need to expel energy and escape in training.

16 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Just bought this. Can’t wait to use it. I love dips. Don’t know what else to get really Iv only got a small bedroom to train in so not got enough room for squat rack or bench press 

049AECA3-2CD7-4F56-AA93-3EDF25E4CFED.png

you can make that for about £30.

9 minutes ago, Heavyassweights said:

you can make that for about £30.

Maybe but I doubt it would handle much weight before it breaks. I’m heavy and I’ll also be adding weight with a dip belt aswell atleast over 20kg worth 

17 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

I don’t need dumbells Iv got these. There around 30kg each I reckon. Use 2 bags or they might rip. Look for big rocks or stones that are heavy. You can find loads on rivers or in peoples front gardens late at night time off course. Iv made loads of progress with these. They need filling up more now there starting to feel to light. Oh and it’s free 

86CB921C-81BA-4342-BD29-407AFABEF7DB.jpeg

Buy or 'borrow' some scaffold you'll get change from 20 quid for a 7ft piece delivered 

Perfect size for olympic plates nice strongman style axle 

4 hours ago, mrwright said:

Wish I had that much money! 

All these people you see now splashing thousands on gym gear just because the gyms are shut crazy i was looking at a dip attachment but 30 quid seemed expensive! 

I've saved for it, soon as I bought my own house the garage when even looking was a must it was always going to be a gym, granted not as soon as this but forced my hand figured get it done now ASAP in case of any future hindrance like this, both me and my wife train otherwise I doubt id of got the OK to spend all this on it haha. 

11 hours ago, Toranator said:

Which rack you buying? 

43 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Which rack you buying? 

Garage cage 1.85m from strengthshop actually emailed them today and apparently last person I had contact with lied, not back in stock til mid August, I got low ceilings in my garage so can't get the big 210cm+ cages. 

1 hour ago, Toranator said:

Garage cage 1.85m from strengthshop actually emailed them today and apparently last person I had contact with lied, not back in stock til mid August, I got low ceilings in my garage so can't get the big 210cm+ cages. 

Ah right, it’s just that i have a tall cage I’d sell. Be too tall for your garage though. 

13 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Ah right, it’s just that i have a tall cage I’d sell. Be too tall for your garage though. 

I appreciate the sentiment,  I just gotta play the waiting game. 

5 minutes ago, Toranator said:

I appreciate the sentiment,  I just gotta play the waiting game. 

Absolutely, I think even once the gyms open the restrictions will mean folk having to change their training. 

The rack and barbell I can now get for good price, but the weights are fu**ing ridiculous. 

There was a point when they were  $1 per kg. I just need to find a source with reasonable priced weights and I'm good. I want 200kg worth of weights