Sign in to follow this  
Cronus

Who can incline bench 100kg+

Was going to put on 100kg today but felt it was too high of a jump. Managed 95kg for 7 quality reps

Reckon I'll get 100kg comfortably by end of next month

I've been really focusing on my BB pressing this lockdown. I was able press the 48kg dbs on incline before I could even push 100kg. I've always been awful at benching 

I can now BB 110kg touch chest, pause and press for 8

7 minutes ago, Test-e said:

I can(could) incline bench 160kg for a comfortable 8 reps

Training at home I'm a bit limited so been repping 120kg for 5x10. 

Mate that's seriosuly impressive, I've not seen anyone incline that kind of weight at my gym. 

Do you programme your lfits anyway in particular? 

Curious, how far are you going to push your bw over 300lbs before you diet down? 

7 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Yeah I could before, only could hit it for like sets of 5-6 reps 

On flat I can hit it for sets of 12 

Goal is to incline 120kg for sets of 5s

Very nice lifts mate especially as a natural

Its weird as my pressing is so lacking in terms of strength but my chest is thick and well developed if you look at the pics I've posted in the past. By far my best body part and probably genetics 

Incline barbell I've done 120kg for 8 reps fairly regularly. I always end up hurting my ac joint though for some reason on inclines so I avoid going as heavy as could. I've done 50kg x 12 dumbbells. 

Flat bench I've done 150kg x 6 and 155kg x 4. I'm still confident of hitting 160kg before 2020 is out.

1 hour ago, Cronus said:

Was going to put on 100kg today but felt it was too high of a jump. Managed 95kg for 7 quality reps

I've been really focusing on my BB pressing this lockdown. I was able press the 48kg dbs on incline before I could even push 100kg. I've always been awful at benching 

I would not call 110kg for 8 reps awful, most people, when I used to train at a commercial gym, were repping like 60-80kg.

45 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Very nice lifts mate especially as a natural

Its weird as my pressing is so lacking in terms of strength but my chest is thick and well developed if you look at the pics I've posted in the past. By far my best body part and probably genetics 

Thx. Bit odd how you can incline the 48s and not press 100kg :lol:. Long as you got the physique no one cares how much you lift, unless you have a strong desire to be stronger I wouldn't worry about it too much 

1 hour ago, Cronus said:

Clearly doesn't incline bench 100kg ?

Sorry, being a bb forum, I thought I might actually talk about training for a change

Was meant to be smiley face emoji, don't. Get. But. Hurt 

You need to conclude your post about training with something along the lines of ‘has anyone sucked off any trannies lately?’ To get any sort of response mate.

What a surprise... the guys who moans about any topic of gyms reopening has a gym in his back yard!

Oh and for topic, before lockdown i bench 140kg x1, beat that son

14 minutes ago, Smilez said:

No, unfortunately - incline has never felt comfortable for my dodgy shoulders. Even decline doesn't fell comfortable. 

I only bench like the earth is built - flat. 

@AnimalLifter @wylde99 + any other lunatic will back me up on the last point.

Same for me re: shoulders. I think it’s a failure to retract my scapula properly that puts my shoulders at risk on inclines.

Going to try a low incline once my ac joint is healed. 

2 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Same for me re: shoulders. I think it’s a failure to retract my scapula properly that puts my shoulders at risk on inclines.

2-4” raise at the foot end of the bench gives me best feel in pecs. Try 3 sets of band stretches(elbows in) then start doing your presses but immediately after pressing do band stretches then rest before next set of presses. When pressing(and flyes) I try and lower shoulders into bench like a shrug as lowering the weight. 
I actually lift more just going brute strength but I try and work pecs as this is my weak spot. 

3 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

I stretch pecs lats and perform scapula wall slides before I even begin my workout. This may help you with scapula mobility and retraction 

8 hours ago, Cronus said:

Good effort mate. All about setting goals to improve. Even if it’s by eg 1 rep or 2.5kg every 2-3 weeks. Set the goals, stay focussed and keep achieving. 

Not sure how much gear you’re on (you don’t have to say either) but 95kg is decent enough. You’ll soon hit 100kg+ :thumbup1:

9 hours ago, Cronus said:

You can do 95kg for 7 so I’m sure you get 100 for atleast 3 

6 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

What do you use to raise it safely?

Any chance of a pic?

Bumper plate or two. 
I also have a wooden ‘step’ that I stand on to do deficit deadlifts, I put that under sometimes. 

5 hours ago, Cronus said:

I stretch pecs lats and perform scapula wall slides before I even begin my workout. This may help you with scapula mobility and retraction 

I wouldn’t stretch personally mate. Activate instead.

On flat bench I have no problems at all, it’s purely on incline and it’s more getting in to position than inability to retract.

For activation I do some 1 arm lat pull down contractions, rear flies and face pulls, all with bands. Just 1 set of 10 for each.