Sign in to follow this  
vetran

Anyone done a runner from an Indian restaurant

I've been in a burger cafe place once and saw a group of teenage girls get 4 meals and the cafe had a money back guarantee and they complained about 3 meals and only payed for 1 and then split the bill as well. I can't remember what the complaints were but it was petty stuff just to get free food, they ate most of it. I just thought what shitty people. You're paying for a service, if you want to save money cook something yourself. 

Back in the 80's it was all the fashion, once we were talking about doing a runner to loud and the owners heard us and locked the doors, so when we tried to run through them we just bounced off them, so we picked ourselves up and locked ourselves in the toilet and tried to breakout of the skylight which was bolted down, when we did come out the police were waiting for us, one of the police women was the one who had give us directions to the place, she said I knew it would be you two lol, anyway the owner let us pay the bill and no charges were brought and we were free to , another time i jumped out of an upstairs window and ran off leaving my mate in there.

13 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Back in the 80's it was all the fashion, once we were talking about doing a runner to loud and the owners heard us and locked the doors, so when we tried to run through them we just bounced off them, so we picked ourselves up and locked ourselves in the toilet and tried to breakout of the skylight which was bolted down, when we did come out the police were waiting for us, one of the police women was the one who had give us directions to the place, she said I knew it would be you two lol, anyway the owner let us pay the bill and no charges were brought and we were free to , another time i jumped out of an upstairs window and ran off leaving my mate in there.

These were the days ken ,there was only 1 Indian restaurant in towns back then and when the pubs shut it was the only place to go for a beer because the pubs shut at 11 pm ,the fine in them days  if got arrested was £50 for dishonestly obtaining a meal :lol:

2 minutes ago, vetran said:

These were the days ken ,there was only 1 Indian restaurant in towns back then and when the pubs shut it was the only place to go for a beer because the pubs shut at 11 pm ,the fine in them days  was £50 for dishonestly obtaining a meal :lol:

Happy days Vet, would never dream of doing it now, way to old for a start, can only just manage to run a bath lol

Me and the missus took my eldest daughter and her boyfriend out for a Chinese meal. At the end of the meal I nipped off for a piss and when I got back they were all putting their coats on so I assumed one of them had paid. Off we trotted to the pub across the road. We had just walked up to the bar when 3 of the restaurant staff chased in to the pub after us. After much embarrassment and a return trip to the restaurant for all four of us, it turned out that when I had gone for a piss they all thought I had gone to pay and started putting their costs on. And when I saw them with their coats etc...

Took a while for the manager to believe the story but as I kept saying to him, if we were going to do a runner, why would we just go to the pub across the road?

Once did a runner from a Soho lap dancing bar because there was a charge of around £200 each for sitting In the bar and having a beer before we got a dance.
Got chased by the security luckily they were more into lifting weights than cardio. 

2 hours ago, vetran said:

These were the days ken ,there was only 1 Indian restaurant in towns back then

How long ago did you receive your letter from the Queen?

5 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Me and the missus took my eldest daughter and her boyfriend out for a Chinese meal. At the end of the meal I nipped off for a piss and when I got back they were all putting their coats on so I assumed one of them had paid. Off we trotted to the pub across the road. We had just walked up to the bar when 3 of the restaurant staff chased in to the pub after us. After much embarrassment and a return trip to the restaurant for all four of us, it turned out that when I had gone for a piss they all thought I had gone to pay and started putting their costs on. And when I saw them with their coats etc...

Took a while for the manager to believe the story but as I kept saying to him, if we were going to do a runner, why would we just go to the pub across the road?

Sounds easily done tbh 

Sounds like social distancing measures might actually save restaurants a few quid - paper plates and cups, with plastic cutlery for you bunch of dishonest  f**kers!

:D

1 hour ago, ThatsLife said:

@AncientOldBloke what do you make of all this? 

Not paying a bill is theft mate. The gainful blood, sweat and tears, the remortgage, the less time with family - stolen by Drunken Dave and Tits Out Trace. 

1978 I chased 2 recalcitrant rugger buggers with a hockey stick.

Broke one's wrist.  Damaged the other's ego.

These days I'm older so my attack methods have changed: Remove their payslips, put a 2nd charge on their house, file for bankruptcy and watch their manhood slip away and them descend into  loneliness,  alcoholism and drug addiction when their wife leaves them and their mates disrespect them.

I'm not beyond planting evidence either.

Karma's a bitch. You gotta pay the piper.

12 hours ago, AnimalLifter said:

I haven't

Some have them carry Sikh Knives n will stab you, Chop you up and put you in a next Kabab Batch

It's highly unlikely you will find a baptised Sikh (those that carry a dagger) working in a restaurant that serves meat/alcohol. 

5 hours ago, dhesiuk said:

It's highly unlikely you will find a baptised Sikh (those that carry a dagger) working in a restaurant that serves meat/alcohol. 

When I lived in London (as a kid) I seen one carry the knife... A curved blade, about 6 inch long? or something.... Why they carry it for? fighting situations?

I know that they are allowed to carry it by law, I should of asked him questions about it

17 hours ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

FFS you actually had the money to pay anyway!

I did it a few times in my teens/very early 20s . Only if I was completely potless though. Would only do it from a chain like café rouge or something  rather than a family run restaurant, they're less likely to take it personally. LOL 

Another thing I used to do was order pizzas to blocks of flats nearby then wait inside the communal front door till it arrived. I'd tell the pizza guy to wait there as I couldn't let my mum see I was ordering another pizza and I'd go get the money and come back down, then I'd fk off out of a fire/back exit. I was a right little sh1t TBH. 

35 minutes ago, AnimalLifter said:

When I lived in London (as a kid) I seen one carry the knife... A curved blade, about 6 inch long? or something.... Why they carry it for? fighting situations?

I know that they are allowed to carry it by law, I should of asked him questions about it

This?

Its calked a kukri. Gurkhas use them on duty. Had a nice collection (USMC, UK Marine, saw-edged clip points etc) before the amnesty of '93

0001280_0.jpeg