UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Cycle support supps during or after

448 views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  Ironman TS 
#1 ·
What's you opinion lads?

ive always run things on cycle but was watching a bodybuilding & bollocks episode with some guy from the research station(most he said sounded like s**t) but he was saying things like Tudca etc are better run after to help repair

thoughts as it sort of makes sense

@El Chapo @swole troll what do you think do?

#2 ·
What's you opinion lads?

ive always run things on cycle but was watching a bodybuilding & bollocks episode with some guy from the research station(most he said sounded like s**t) but he was saying things like Tudca etc are better run after to help repair

thoughts as it sort of makes sense

@El Chapo @swole troll what do you think do?
I wouldn't waste my money during or after...unless I was running something especially liver toxic for an extended period

#15 ·
I only use tudca during an oral cycle that I know based off past experience causes me hepatic stress to the point of physical side effects / ones I actually notice

other than that if you are not suffering from lethargy or appetite loss personally I wouldn't bother.

The liver is extremely resilient and you would have to be a total masochist to ignore the sides of liver damage to the point of it being irreparable.

I believe the podcast you are referring to is the one featuring Dr Dean St Mart,
the same Dean St Mart that owns the supplement brand 'supplement needs' with one of the products being a liver support so you might see why he could possible have a reason to push such claims as 'needing' a liver support on cycle.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I only use tudca during an oral cycle that I know based off past experience causes me hepatic stress to the point of physical side effects / ones I actually notice

other than that if you are not suffering from lethargy or appetite loss personally I wouldn't bother.

The liver is extremely resilient and you would have to be a total masochist to ignore the sides of liver damage to the point of it being irreparable.

I believe the podcast you are referring to is the one featuring Dr Dean St Mart,
the same Dean St Mart that owns the supplement brand 'supplement needs' with one of the products being a liver support so you might see why he could possible have a reason to push such claims as 'needing' a liver support on cycle.
No I watched that one too. He actually knows what he's taking about it was the RBB Podcast with I think his name was mike

it does seem to make sense though. Fix once cruising I mean as you're battering then regardless so make more use of the supps when off

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
Strom do a support product which ive used in the past; https://www.stromsports.com/collections/strom/products/strom-presents-supportmax-preorder-only-due-october

but the Strom always repeated on me, so i switched to Yamamoto's Black Guardian, as its only 1x tablet https://www.yamamotonutrition.com/eng/blackguardian_pr31132

TBH high volumes of water over the day is probably the best thing. On my first ever blood work after about 15years of blast of cruising my kidney and liver values were absolutely bang on, and i never really used cycle support meds. I only started using the above supplements after my bloods as im getting old and thinking a little more of my health lol. But will only use them if im on orals, like Dbol and Naps, but i dont use them anymore these days.

#28 ·
Think you will find that a lot of this guys ideas have been rubbished by most people in the know and has since been put in prison because he was using his insta to sell gear .

Dr dean on the other hand knows he s**t and many top U.K. pros work with him for all things gear related include on cycle support .

i believe in taking preventive sups on cycle but that's just my opinion

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
I take 2 of doctor deans supplements

The kidney & Bp stack and the Heart stack

The kidney stack brought my BP down a fair bit and massively improved my egfr value for my kidneys.

Similar results with the CV stack, gone from a cruise to 1.7g of gear but my cholesterol has actually improved.

Down to everyone to make their mind up if they think they're worthwhile but one point I'd make, yes years ago everyone said just drink loads of water, which to be honest should be a given if you train seriously, but years ago blasting and cruising wasn't the norm, it was really only top level competitors.

Now dave down the road is cruising on 300mg test E then running a 1g of Tren to look good for Benidorm, so I'd say there's an argument that the advice on what's needed should change.

I don't take any liver stuff though as I still agree it's very resilient organ and anyone training seriously shouldn't be drinking much so few oral cycles a year shouldn't be a issue, you're kidneys on the other hand are not so resilient, which sadly lots are finding out the hard way.

#31 ·
Had a quick read through this.

In my experience (and opinion) liver enzymes, ruling out genetic predispositions, seem to be more negatively affected in those with poor diet and life style habits.

With that in mind, eating a well balanced diet and ensuring adequate fluid intake generally is more than sufficient.

Ive only ever had raised liver values twice; once from prescription medication post flare up (I was on a lot of meds) and once from a superdrol, epistane, anadrol and tren cocktail with diuretic use..... it was retarded and im really not sure what I was trying to achieve.

Removing the drugs brought my values back in range in both cases.

NB* they were far worse on the medication.

So post waffle, if your values aren't raised, don't react. They shouldn't get out of whack if you use diet / hydration as a preventative measure. If they do rise, drop the drug. If post cessation there is an issue, then consider a supplement.

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think supps that support your heart, BP, cholesterol levels and ones that help with digestion have a far higher value than liver protectants. I do take NAC daily but really for insurance purposes, I wouldn't bother with TUDCA unless I was ripping the arse out of things as per Bensif's mental cocktail above and that's never going to happen with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.