Jump to content
drwae

Acceptable time to use gym equipment

Recommended Posts

What do you think an acceptable time to use gym equipment is?

i live in a terraced house and got an angry email from my neighbours this morning about being woken up at 7.30 the past two weekends by the noise of the gym equipment 

this morning I was only benching so it must have just been reracking the bar :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why have they got your email and why can't they talk to you in person. I would say 7:30am is not being unreasonable as long as you are not blasting music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, drwae said:

What do you think an acceptable time to use gym equipment is?

i live in a terraced house and got an angry email from my neighbours this morning about being woken up at 7.30 the past two weekends by the noise of the gym equipment 

this morning I was only benching so it must have just been reracking the bar :huh:

Sure it’s not the grunting and groaning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkeybiker said:

Why have they got your email and why can't they talk to you in person. I would say 7:30am is not being unreasonable as long as you are not blasting music. 

They avoid direct confrontation and send passive aggressive emails instead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, invisiblekid said:

8am would be fair in my eyes. 

@drwae do you have metal J Hooks or are they rubber lined? 

There’s some hard plastic on the bottom of them but when re racking after heavy bench I can’t put them precisely on the plastic bits they end up going against the metal

will keep to 8am in the future I think and tell them to f**k off if they complain about that  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, drwae said:

There’s some hard plastic on the bottom of them but when re racking after heavy bench I can’t put them precisely on the plastic bits they end up going against the metal

will keep to 8am in the future I think and tell them to f**k off if they complain about that  

On the Mirafit stands I had, there was no rubber at all and it clattered like a bitch. The Primal Strength J Hooks I have now are rubber lined and provides loads of sound deadening. Might be a good idea to buy some rubber strips and duct tape it, or even screw it on the J Hooks. That should definitely help, as would bumper plates if you really think it's going to be an ongoing issue. Some sound proofing acoustic artwork would work too if your room echos. 

I'm sure you'll get the typical "go round and kill them all in their sleep" replies, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to find a middle ground and be reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get some Tren inside you then next time it happens wait till they’re shagging then batter the wall down between you and stick you head right through.

They will be s**t themselves and never complain again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Popeye66 said:

Get some Tren inside you then next time it happens wait till they’re shagging then batter the wall down between you and stick you head right through.

They will be s**t themselves and never complain again.

Better to stick his c0ck through, instant glory hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drwae said:

They avoid direct confrontation and send passive aggressive emails instead 

How/why do your neighbours have our personal email address though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mount a speedball platform on the adjoining wall - then bray the f**k out of it night and day... or just target meal times only, this will stress the s**t out of him - bet he’s a right fat t**t to boot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drwae said:

What do you think an acceptable time to use gym equipment is?

Legally, UK noise laws are 11pm to 7am so you're within your rights, but I would say most adhere to 9pm-8am as quiet time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet they train at planet fitness. I wouldn’t say it’s unreasonable. I mean be annoying on the other end if you want a lie in on the weekend and your getting woken up by loud banging. Is your training really that noisey? If so can’t you go train further away from the wall between you’s. To me I’m getting the impression that they moan at anything because I don’t see how it can be so loud 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11pm to 7am by law. 

 

8am from a noise/construction standard in a neighbourhood. 

So I’d say 7:30 is smack bang in the middle lol, although I’d probably go with 8am personally as I wouldn’t like to be woken up at 7:30am after a long week and early starts all week for work. 

 

You probably wouldn’t either to be fair. But if you’re a c**t and don’t care about anyone other than yourself then 7:30 isn’t doing any wrong technically.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drwae said:

 

i live in a terraced house and got an angry email from my neighbours this morning about being woken up at 7.30 the past two weekends by the noise of the gym equipment 

 

What did you email them back saying?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drwae said:

What do you think an acceptable time to use gym equipment is?

i live in a terraced house and got an angry email from my neighbours this morning about being woken up at 7.30 the past two weekends by the noise of the gym equipment 

this morning I was only benching so it must have just been reracking the bar :huh:

I use mine whenever the fcuk I want. When doing the doors I had a few 3am sessions. 
The issue comes when you do it at set times, vary it around so there’s no ‘pattern’ in the times/noise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I use mine whenever the fcuk I want. When doing the doors I had a few 3am sessions. 
The issue comes when you do it at set times, vary it around so there’s no ‘pattern’ in the times/noise. 

Don’t you have a garage though mate? Can’t imagine anyone can hear you in there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put thin towels or similar over the hooks if I train and its quiet in the house. I live in a detached so different problem but find that to work. Still get a noise but it's not the solid clang you get from metal on metal. It's important to be understanding of your neighbours so good on you to ask, an ignorant dick would just carry on regardless. If they then in turn annoy you down the line you've shown your reasonable side so they should do too. If they don't then you can change tactics ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×