Sign in to follow this  
Vpac

Thinking of taking gear / TRT for the first time

34 years old and done blood work earlier this year see photo attached.

I feel lethargic, low libido and not made any significant progress in the gym over the last 2-3 years. Thinking of starting gear or TRT. I am on the lower end of test levels, basically a few points over the minimum range so GP won't do anything. I want to boost my test levels slightly, not to a stupid amount but just to normal or higher end range of the acceptable levels. I want to put full effort in the gym, nutrition, etc knowing that my test levels are in a nice range and allowing me to recover, make progress rather than hindering. 

I'm not sure whether running a cycle is right for me or taking TRT. I don't know much about steroids or how each hormones work basically a noob when it comes to this and trying to read as much as I can now in the forum and gain an understanding. My main goal is to improve my test levels, libido, have enough test in my body to make progress in the gym and maintain fertility. Me and Mrs want kids (we have one on the way in a few months and we both want more children). Being affected by fertility issues is whats stopped me from taking anything before. From what I've read I should take HCG but I'm not sure exactly what that entails. Clomid is something else I've read should be taken to maintain fertility but again not sure on dosages, how long to take for etc.

If I was to take gear I have read SwoleTroll's first cycle for beginners recommendation, link:   https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/266807-first-steroid-cycle-its-not-that-difficult/  Just to break down what he recommends in terms of the steroid cycle:

week 1-15
test e - 2ml / 500mg E7D
arimidex - 0.5mg ED
HCG - 1000iu (500iu E3D)

To me this sounds reasonable. He also has a thread for PCT but I found the protocol somewhat confusing and unclear - but I can across that bridge if I decide to go down that path as I know it's massively important.

Just want to ask you guys what you recommend for someone in my situation? I'm not looking to get huge but want to improve my physique so I look in shape and somewhat lean. I'm 175lbs at 13-15% if I was 185% at 10% bodyfat levels that would be amazing for me whilst at same time maintain fertility and avoid any major sides.Bloodwork.bmp

17 minutes ago, Vpac said:

I feel lethargic, low libido and not made any significant progress in the gym over the last 2-3 years. Thinking of starting gear or TRT. I am on the lower end of test levels, basically a few points over the minimum range so GP won't do anything. I want to boost my test levels slightly, not to a stupid amount but just to normal or higher end range of the acceptable levels. I want to put full effort in the gym, nutrition, etc knowing that my test levels are in a nice range and allowing me to recover, make progress rather than hindering. 

I'm not sure whether running a cycle is right for me or taking TRT. I don't know much about steroids or how each hormones work basically a noob when it comes to this and trying to read as much as I can now in the forum and gain an understanding. My main goal is to improve my test levels, libido, have enough test in my body to make progress in the gym and maintain fertility. Me and Mrs want kids (we have one on the way in a few months and we both want more children). Being affected by fertility issues is whats stopped me from taking anything before. From what I've read I should take HCG but I'm not sure exactly what that entails. Clomid is something else I've read should be taken to maintain fertility but again not sure on dosages, how long to take for etc.

If I was to take gear I have read SwoleTroll's first cycle for beginners recommendation, link:   https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/266807-first-steroid-cycle-its-not-that-difficult/  Just to break down what he recommends in terms of the steroid cycle:

week 1-15
test e - 2ml / 500mg E7D
arimidex - 0.5mg ED
HCG - 1000iu (500iu E3D)

To me this sounds reasonable. He also has a thread for PCT but I found the protocol somewhat confusing and unclear - but I can across that bridge if I decide to go down that path as I know it's massively important.

Just want to ask you guys what you recommend for someone in my situation? I'm not looking to get huge but want to improve my physique so I look in shape and somewhat lean. I'm 175lbs at 13-15% if I was 185% at 10% bodyfat levels that would be amazing for me whilst at same time maintain fertility and avoid any major sides.Bloodwork.bmp

Based your bloods I'd be careful concerned about your DHEA levels so go to your Gp as there may be an issue with your adrenals. 

Yin regards to your testosterone you can optimise your testosterone using natural supplements and can easily get up to mid 20s which is optimal. 

On 26/06/2020 at 11:28 AM, Sustanation said:

Based your bloods I'd be careful concerned about your DHEA levels so go to your Gp as there may be an issue with your adrenals. 

Yin regards to your testosterone you can optimise your testosterone using natural supplements and can easily get up to mid 20s which is optimal. 

I did go to my GP he didn’t do anything. I can try again re my adrenals and ask for another test for my DHEA levels. I will look into it myself now but any ideas on what it might be and treatment options?

in terms of optimise with natural supplements I get enough sleep, have a good diet with plenty of protein , take vit D3 and multi vitamin, eat salmon twice a week. Anything else?

Probably not helpful to you and might get slated here but maybe read the TRT manual by jay Campbell. It basically gives a Good oversight into understanding your body and what all the terminology you’re gona come across means. Plus the different TRT options and is a unbiased review of all that’s out there. Of course a lot of this stuff you can find online too and expand on but it’s a good all in one resource that helped me. 

Defintely Determine why you’re DHEA levels Are so low before considering any TRT, it could be adrenal gland issue as Sustanation said above, and could be why you’re feeling how you are, rather then low T. 

@Vpac - so weird, I was literally about to post the exact same thread today, our situation is practically identical.

@Sustanation - please explain how we get our testosterone up using natural supplements!

Here's my bloods:

bloodwork.JPG

On 26/06/2020 at 11:09 AM, Vpac said:

week 1-15
test e - 2ml / 500mg E7D
arimidex - 0.5mg ED
HCG - 1000iu (500iu E3D)

Yea, as said before, 0.5mg arimidex is likely to be overkill and I wouldn't recommend taking any until you know you need it. My first t cycle I was told to take 1mg ever other day and I felt like absolute dog s**t. 

It's obviously all person dependant so don't just take my word for it but I would highly recommend looking at other people's opinions on it too.