Sign in to follow this  
lancs_lad

Deadlift PB

Mate I’ve come here just flicking through the forum’s pages, when I stumbled on your post. I pressed play, I saw your lift, I heard your expletives, and I have to say, I was so damn impressed with everything I saw and heard.

Brother I have to give credit where credit is due. You’ve done something that only true Champions do, and I think that neither you nor the good members of this forum realise exactly what just happened.

I wrote a small article here a while back now, relating to training under the most unfavourable conditions..., on purpose. Some would call it chaos training.

Do you have any idea how much physical and mental energy is required to perform a 1RM? Of course you do, all the Champs on here do. Well we all know what happened (thanks to your expletives), the phone died, and instead of killing your attitude with it, it ignited it instead, and you Sir were smoking it, killing it, you were on fire. You could’ve gone the other way and called it a day, especially when you’ve already achieved what you’ve set out to achieve ... but no, not you!

You came back like a fighting bull, and broke that bar off of the platform as if it wasn’t even there ... that Sir takes guts, it takes a particular attitude to do what you did, and you deserve all the credit and praising you’re getting from this stranger right here ... because it’s people like you, who inspire others with that rock solid determined (never die) Champion attitude of yours.

Well done, and I sincerely wish you the best of health, and many more awesome lifting to come, like the lift you were kind enough to share with us here Sir. 

47 minutes ago, Fadi said:

Mate I’ve come here just flicking through the forum’s pages, when I stumbled on your post. I pressed play, I saw your lift, I heard your expletives, and I have to say, I was so damn impressed with everything I saw and heard.

Brother I have to give credit where credit is due. You’ve done something that only true Champions do, and I think that neither you nor the good members of this forum realise exactly what just happened.

I wrote a small article here a while back now, relating to training under the most unfavourable conditions..., on purpose. Some would call it chaos training.

Do you have any idea how much physical and mental energy is required to perform a 1RM? Of course you do, all the Champs on here do. Well we all know what happened (thanks to your expletives), the phone died, and instead of killing your attitude with it, it ignited it instead, and you Sir were smoking it, killing it, you were on fire. You could’ve gone the other way and called it a day, especially when you’ve already achieved what you’ve set out to achieve ... but no, not you!

You came back like a fighting bull, and broke that bar off of the platform as if it wasn’t even there ... that Sir takes guts, it takes a particular attitude to do what you did, and you deserve all the credit and praising you’re getting from this stranger right here ... because it’s people like you, who inspire others with that rock solid determined (never die) Champion attitude of yours.

Well done, and I sincerely wish you the best of health, and many more awesome lifting to come, like the lift you were kind enough to share with us here Sir. 

Thanks so much for your kind words.  I genuinely think it's turned a switch on in my head.  I could never get hyped for a lift until this.  Now today's deads felt ace and my head was just in a different place for my heavier work sets. 

40 on the 13th, so hoping for a small birthday PB.

32 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

It this your garage? I got a stupid pokey garage. Still got a little gym in it but would be so much better with more space.

Yes it's in my garage.  Run it as business.  Small group training, just a year old so covid arrived and completely the wrong time for me.  

43 minutes ago, lancs_lad said:

Yes it's in my garage.  Run it as business.  Small group training, just a year old so covid arrived and completely the wrong time for me.  

Nice:thumbup1:

Shame about the timing but hopefully should be able to open soon.