UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Endo massively Disagrees with TRT

431 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Wildkid 
#1 ·
I started Private TRT in April this year.... I've just had a conversation with NHS endocrinologist full of sighs and disapprovment of TRT, he said:

* I was wrong to go on TRT when my levels weren't "that" low/normal and could have been raised through an increased Sex drive, with things like clomid. (In 5 bloodtests pre TRT, lowest TT was 7, highest was 12, FT Lowest 180, highest 280) - I'm 30, not overweight, otherwise healthy. He even claimed my lowest T reading (venipuncture) could have been a anomaly.

* I was wrong to start TRT without getting an MRI to See why my prolactin level is above normal (it's been low/medium/high - 218-914). He claimed my high prolactin level is probably responsible for my Symptoms, not testosterone. The levels have been all over the place and I am on a waiting list for an MRI to ensure it's not a pituitary gland issue.

* The big one....He (in 17 years Of experience) has never heard of anyone doing two doses a week of exogenous test and that anything above 60mg a week is not normal, its unheard of and not something he would ever recommend, nor does he know anyone who would.... :huh:

* HCG % @ 500iu twice a week is not normal and he would never recommend this. Also HCG won't make me fertile and I should stop right now as I can't have exogenous test and be fertile at the same time..... :huh:

* After he basically ranted how bad TRT is and what a naughty boy I've been for Trying to improve my health (and successfully), he asked how I felt and if anything had improved. To which I said for the first time in years I feel normal again, better then normal, a lot has improved, I feel brighter, sex drive improved etc etc. His reply: TRT gives temporary improvements that stop after a few months, I should come off TRT now as the longer you stay on, the worse it will be in the long run when you come off.

Overall, justification I had made the right decision going private.

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree with him mostly, you should have looked deeper into it before just going on trt

The only part I disagree with is the fertility part, I've conceived whilst still on aas, but it can take more than just hcg

End of the day it's your life, you do what you feel is best for you pal, but if there was a way I didn't have to rely on synthetic hormones for the rest of my life, I would do what I could before taking the plunge

HCG won't guarantee you stay fertile either. So that's something to consider if you want kids in future

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Also remember this, private TRT clinics will tell you that you need all the extra meds etc

Its their business after all, and they make more money from you
To some extent... I'm with leger clinic. I pay £15 month and receive prescriptions. Makes no difference to them in terms of money with What they prescribe as you can go anywhere with it. I know it's different to How other clinics operate.

I agree with him mostly, you should have looked deeper into it before just going on trt
I decided on TRT after years of Trying anti depressants and anxiety tablets to relieve symptoms of low T, tried vitamins and dietary things All to no avail. I'm not one of the guys that just did a quick google and jumped on TRT. Last resort really.

Also I'm on omeprazole (For Gerd) - which has a side effect of increasing prolactin. Lowering my dose of that and having b6 is putting me in a normal range now but I'm still going to have an MRI to check.

#5 ·
Sometimes medical folk can be a bit frustrating. I had a blood draw today, for free, by a nurse friend of the wifes. She's a prescribing nurse, years of experience etc. She told me i'd been sold the wrong blood test (Medichecks male hormone check). Stood in front of me and said "fsh is follicule stimulating hormone - men don't even have that! Nor estrogen!"..... Because she was doing this for free, and i just wanted it done so i could get it in the post box, i didn't argue. She said she'd go over the results for me when i get them. I should let her, she'll s**t a brick if she sees i'm producing estrogen....

#8 ·
Funnily enough I'm in the same boat mate, currently talking to a private endo and I'm on 125mg every 10 days of sustanon to start with for 6-8 weeks then to get bloods and have a meeting with him.

NHS for me have actually just jumped on board with his advice and I'm hoping once I get it all dialled in with the private endo I can just pick things up over with the NHS. The private sus250 prescription is soo cheap mind you I'm not fussed either way!

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Funnily enough I'm in the same boat mate, currently talking to a private endo and I'm on 125mg every 10 days of sustanon to start with for 6-8 weeks then to get bloods and have a meeting with him.

NHS for me have actually just jumped on board with his advice and I'm hoping once I get it all dialled in with the private endo I can just pick things up over with the NHS. The private sus250 prescription is soo cheap mind you I'm not fussed either way!
You splitting that dose to 5 day injections? You have a private endo? I'd be interested to hear his thoughts in regards to what you're doing. Hopefully he responds more positively then mine did.

I've heard of stories with the NHS where they've suddenly changed a persons TRT protocol, despite being dialled in and happy, and even after years. I personally wouldn't want them to have control, despite the money saving benefits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.