Fors331

The word gym has never been spoke in these press conferences?

On 23/06/2020 at 5:35 PM, Fors331 said:

There has probably been hundreds of press conferences with hundreds of question yet not one person has asked about gyms and nor has any of the government?

im starting to realise Boris really doesn't care or like anything about fitness? I mean hes far from a six pack...

it just dont make sense, all these useless businesses opening which some have no value whatsoever to health yet places like gyms that improve overall health and wellbeing Remain closed and will open last, i really dont see the logic.

Sports and recreation have been referenced many times in these decisions. 

On 24/06/2020 at 8:41 AM, feelinfine said:

Once you are past a certain level of fitness, simply jogging and performing calisthenics will not provide adequate stimulus. Like everyone else I have been doing some light stuff at home these past few months, but I cannot wait until I can get back to the gym.

It seems like everything else is slowly returning to normal, hopefully the number of cases keep dropping.

Exactly this... Sick of hearing "you can do it all at home" yes you can if your a pussy and dont train properly explain how i squat 450lb in my garden? explain how i can deadlift 450lb in my garden? When you get to a certain level its fu**ing useless.

Would cost thousands to get enough weights and equipment.

And to the OP its because gyms bring in a lot less to the economy and the UK is full of fat useless retards that dont train so its very low priority 

46 minutes ago, AlexH96 said:

Exactly this... Sick of hearing "you can do it all at home" 

I agree mate...if you can train at home then you can drink at home and therefore not have to open pubs!!!!

What a load of old bollox it really is.

1 hour ago, AlexH96 said:

Would cost thousands to get enough weights and equipment.

During normal times it wouldn't be that expensive. A power rack bench a barbell and some weights. That wouldn't cost thousands. 

On 26/06/2020 at 9:55 PM, monkeybiker said:

During normal times it wouldn't be that expensive. A power rack bench a barbell and some weights. That wouldn't cost thousands. 

Even without the huge price increase , pre covid it would still cost at least lets say £700 and some people haven't got that to throw away on weights and a rack.

40 minutes ago, AlexH96 said:

Even without the huge price increase , pre covid it would still cost at least lets say £700 and some people haven't got that to throw away on weights and a rack.

Not 2nd hand it wouldn't and you never really lose money as you can pretty much sell it for the same as you paid(ignoring the covid lockdown). From a purely financial point of view it is cheaper to train at home. If you pay £30 a month for the gym that's £360 in a year then add on fuel cost getting to the gym, you could easily spend hundreds of pounds a year on fuel getting to the gym.

If you can't train hard at home then that's more due to personal motivation and not having the gym atmosphere. 

I think many people just don't have the space for actual gym equipment.

Also having separate spaces for separate tasks gives you more motivation and focus. That's why there are libraries for studies, offices for work and gyms for exercise.

This pandemic is forcing everyone to perform all their daily tasks from one enclosed space and that is why it is driving people crazy. Few are fortunate/wealthy enough to have large spacious homes, so they aren't really affected. The rest of us plebs are stuck in small flats.

At this rate gyms won't be open until fall. Even when they open I am sure there will be tons of restrictions and an appointment system. It is going to suck for the foreseeable future.

On 26/06/2020 at 8:46 PM, AlexH96 said:

jogging and performing calisthenics will not provide adequate stimulus.

If You have space to jog, then you have space to sprint… Calisthenics, have you mastered the planche press up yet? The Dragon flag? One-handed, one footed press ups, et cetera et cetera?

Application is key. 

14 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

Not 2nd hand it wouldn't and you never really lose money as you can pretty much sell it for the same as you paid(ignoring the covid lockdown). From a purely financial point of view it is cheaper to train at home. If you pay £30 a month for the gym that's £360 in a year then add on fuel cost getting to the gym, you could easily spend hundreds of pounds a year on fuel getting to the gym.

If you can't train hard at home then that's more due to personal motivation and not having the gym atmosphere. 

Most just want to moan about life being soooo unfair. Just seems to be the done thing these days.