Sign in to follow this  
rokd

Cabergoline and quetiapine

Hello,
this is my first post, so I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong subforum.
Recently, I had a blood test, that showed a high value for prolactin. I bought Dostinex (cabergoline), but haven't yet started taking it.
I'm also taking quetiapine (perscribed by my psychiatrist). I have problems with insomnia and quetiapine helps me with it.

Does anyone have any experience and/or knows if there are any serious interactions between quetiapine and cabergoline, since one is a dopamine agonist and the other is  dopamine antagonist?
I really hope that they can both be taken simultaneously. I'm thinking of taking cabergoline in the morning and quetiapine in the evening (for sleep).

5 hours ago, rokd said:

Does anyone have any experience and/or knows if there are any serious interactions between quetiapine and cabergoline, since one is a dopamine agonist and the other is  dopamine antagonist?

Yes there is a chance of one or the other not being so effective, so spreading doses apart like you suggested is a good idea.

Caber is strong stuff, no need to take more than 0.25mg twice a week for 4 weeks then retest bloods.

That aside, a lot of people naturally have high prolactin and seen many bloods reports on here supporting that so caber may not be needed.

Have you taken AAS before or are you natty?

What lead to the blood test?  Are you suffering issues related to high prolactin?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, TERBO said:

Yes there is a chance of one or the other not being so effective, so spreading doses apart like you suggested is a good idea.

Caber is strong stuff, no need to take more than 0.25mg twice a week for 4 weeks then retest bloods.

That aside, a lot of people naturally have high prolactin and seen many bloods reports on here supporting that so caber may not be needed.

Have you taken AAS before or are you natty?

What lead to the blood test?  Are you suffering issues related to high prolactin?

Wow, thank you for such a fast reply.

Have you taken AAS before or are you natty? What lead to the blood test? 
I forgot to mention that I have taken AAS and I took the blood test, because I started taking Deca for the first time.
I made a mistake, because I didn't also take the test before starting (I took the test about 2 weeks into the cycle).
I immediately thought that high prolactin is because of deca, but it could be other factors. I'm now very lean and was dieting for a long time. And maybe it could also be the quetiapine.

Are you suffering issues related to high prolactin?
No. I didn't have any explicit symptoms, that I could directly link to high prolactin.

Last year, I had a gynecomastia surgery. I was trying to figure out, how could I possibly get gyno if I was always very cautios and was taking AI and SERM.
Now, I suspect high prolactin.

EDIT:
It could be that I have naturally high prolactin, but I doubt it, because it was almost 2x above upper limit. It was 28.99 μg/L.

Edited by rokd

10 hours ago, rokd said:

It could be that I have naturally high prolactin, but I doubt it, because it was almost 2x above upper limit. It was 28.99 μg/L.

Two weeks of deca shouldn't be enough to raise your prolactin, especially if your using an AI.

I'm prescribed quetiapine, also currently on deca and had no issues with higher levels; we're all different but yours may well be naturally high.

Like I said mate, if you're going to use caber then just be cautious with it ;)

Thanks for helping me :)

11 hours ago, TERBO said:

Two weeks of deca shouldn't be enough to raise your prolactin, especially if your using an AI.

Does AI (I'm taking Arimidex) also help with prolactin?

11 hours ago, TERBO said:

I'm prescribed quetiapine, also currently on deca and had no issues with higher levels; we're all different but yours may well be naturally high.

Do you mean that you don't have high prolactin or that your prolactin is high, but you don't have any problems with higher values?

PS.: I started taking Dostinex anyway, but it's extremely expensive and hard to get, at least for me.
I payed 70eur for just 8 tablets, 0.5mg each. I hope I didn't throw the money away.

4 hours ago, rokd said:

Does AI (I'm taking Arimidex) also help with prolactin?

Do you mean that you don't have high prolactin or that your prolactin is high, but you don't have any problems with higher values?

PS.: I started taking Dostinex anyway, but it's extremely expensive and hard to get, at least for me.

Basically, taking an AI doesn't directly affect prolactin but injecting testosterone even at TRT levels will increase your E2 & prolactin. By using an AI it keeps estrogen down and that stops the prolactin raising. 

Sorry I mean I don't have high prolactin, my levels are within range.

Be careful with the caber and let us know how it goes.

Does your physician prescribe modanidil to stay awake? Are you taking first thing in the a.m.? Speak to thr doctor about the dosage. The Mayo Clinic for years has me taking at 5–6pm .5 melatonin. It absolutely does the trick.

https://afinil.com/about/

Also take a look at cause that kind of products are less dangerous than yours.

Good luck! 

Just an update:

At the time of my last post, I then changed my mind and decided not to continue taking caber (I only took it once or twice).
In the meantime, I increased the dosage for Deca to 500mg/week and also added Tren (200mg/week).

I now started taking caber (it's been 2 weeks now) and so far, the only side effect I got is increased libido :)

I had another blood test and prolactin is now ok, but I'm a little worried about progesteron, which was almost over the upper limit and that was just before I started with Tren.
@TERBO Could high progesteron cause problems during the cycle, even if E2 and prolactin are ok (how could I lower it)?
What do you think about dosage - is 500mg deca and 200mg tren too much and would be better if I lowered one or another...

Sorry, if I complicate too much - it's the first time that I'm taking deca with tren.

5 hours ago, rokd said:

@TERBO Could high progesteron cause problems during the cycle, even if E2 and prolactin are ok (how could I lower it)?
What do you think about dosage - is 500mg deca and 200mg tren too much and would be better if I lowered one or another...

If your feeling okay it shouldn't be an issue, but adding in tren is not the best idea.

Sorry never done tren & deca so can't really advise.

In regards to which medicine will be weaker you'll need to see which drugs has a higher binding affinity to that specific receptor. You should have a better idea on which one will be affected most. And go from there. If quietipine is stronger at binding at least you should ( in theory ) only have to up your caber dose. But as to what effect indirectly this will have on what you get from quietipine- I do not know...