Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Test-e

Gyms reopening.

Recommended Posts

On 6/20/2020 at 5:21 AM, Fors331 said:

What gym is it? Must be a Micky mouse one as you dident name

 

It's a local boutique gym. Small but has some interesting equipment. But also pretty expensive. When things open up I think I will look around at other, cheaper gyms in the area.

 

 

1 hour ago, Bish83 said:

They are going to reduce the hours... So anyone that needs to use the gym will have to come in later, earlier or not at all.  So this idea will either over crowd a time slot or make f**k all difference to it anyways but Puregym looks like its doing all the right things.

 

Yeah, early in the morning or late at night will probably be the best bet. I hope it won't get too crowded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my gym membership was due to cancel wt david llyods then lockdown happened the canx team have made me a offer and when asked them when they are looking to open she said hopefully 4th july but depends on government giving go ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Name... although i think the mast majority are interested in pure gym/the gym group, they are the biggest players and would like to think they will know before the other tiny gyms 

Everyone active isn't exactly a tiny gym :rolleyes:

This is what I'm getting back from my source, nothing confirmed but assistant manager, reception manager and one of the PT's has said same. Makes no difference to me either way,  not setting foot in a gym till the restrictions have been totally wiped out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to cause carnage in London, most people finish between 4-6, how the hell am I going to get in the gym

Also, I can go a work surrounded by loads of people, I can go on the trains surrounded by  loads in far closer surroundings, yet I can't go to the gym as normal,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, havering said:

This is going to cause carnage in London, most people finish between 4-6, how the hell am I going to get in the gym

Also, I can go a work surrounded by loads of people, I can go on the trains surrounded by  loads in far closer surroundings, yet I can't go to the gym as normal,

 

Early in the morning or late at night. Late afternoon til evening is going to be slammed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/06/2020 at 6:15 AM, The Beard said:

my gym membership was due to cancel wt david llyods then lockdown happened the canx team have made me a offer and when asked them when they are looking to open she said hopefully 4th july but depends on government giving go ahead

There are rumours, and i cant see it happening yet, but some gyms could open around the 15th. Im still saying end of July myself.

I am concerned that it could be delayed further tho, as this outbreak in Leicester could knock back gym reopening dates all over the UK. As bars havent even opened yet and already cases are increasing in some areas.

what fecks me off is that far less people go to gyms than bars, less footfall, so really indoor fitness places should have reopened first! Then let the piss heads loose. 

as a doorman ive been reading the bar guidelines. 6x people to one table. 6! So that 6x people that could get infected from 1x carrier on the table. In a gym most people train either on their own or with a friend, so 2x max. Doing the maths then surely its safer to open gyms than bars?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

There are rumours, and i cant see it happening yet, but some gyms could open around the 15th. Im still saying end of July myself.

I am concerned that it could be delayed further tho, as this outbreak in Leicester could knock back gym reopening dates all over the UK. As bars havent even opened yet and already cases are increasing in some areas.

what fecks me off is that far less people go to gyms than bars, less footfall, so really indoor fitness places should have reopened first! Then let the piss heads loose. 

as a doorman ive been reading the bar guidelines. 6x people to one table. 6! So that 6x people that could get infected from 1x carrier on the table. In a gym most people train either on their own or with a friend, so 2x max. Doing the maths then surely its safer to open gyms than bars?!

What you’re forgetting is that those making these rules up live in a different world. 
Pub for them is a light lunch and a couple of drinks wearing a pair of boat shoes overlooking the Henley Regatta, the golf club or private bar in the House of Commons. 
Gym for them is where the strange ones go to some spa type place to take their rentboy to share amongst each other. The only one that may have stepped into a real gym was ‘two jabs’ Prescott. 
 

1CB3B41E-B15E-4C93-909A-650F068088E3.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

What you’re forgetting is that those making these rules up live in a different world. 
Pub for them is a light lunch and a couple of drinks wearing a pair of boat shoes overlooking the Henley Regatta, the golf club or private bar in the House of Commons. 
Gym for them is where the strange ones go to some spa type place to take their rentboy to share amongst each other. The only one that may have stepped into a real gym was ‘two jabs’ Prescott. 
 

1CB3B41E-B15E-4C93-909A-650F068088E3.gif

Love that lighting quick no extension left jab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and a few friends are going to our gym tomorrow both for a workout and to move some stuff about.

The owner is still opening in the next few weeks no matter whats said by the Scottish government, that useless women we have as a FM can jump. 

It'll be good to get back to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see no reason as to why gyms and other places of health and fitness should remain shut, at least I haven't heard an official arugement for them to remain closed?? 

What implications would these places see If they were to ignore the governments "guided by the science" rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes zero sense.. I’d have thought the fact the government could save millions on furlough and self employed loans by reopening gyms, would be enough of a reason to open them....at least this would make sense if pubs are opening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, js77 said:

Makes zero sense.. I’d have thought the fact the government could save millions on furlough and self employed loans by reopening gyms, would be enough of a reason to open them....at least this would make sense if pubs are opening 

If you think the gym being open means you can go exercise again, especially if you are a member of a chain gym them think again, there is going to be a huge waiting list for slots I would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably more a financial decision. Pubs make more money, they don't want to open everything at once so some things stay closed. Open a few things, monitor the spread of the virus, if ok open some more. Basically they are playing kerplunk. 

Anyway, I don't care. I've decided to train in my garage gym for the rest of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, B3NCH1 said:

If you think the gym being open means you can go exercise again, especially if you are a member of a chain gym them think again, there is going to be a huge waiting list for slots I would imagine.

I imagine you’re right mate. I’m hoping I’ll get a spot around 4/5am...that’s pretty much the ONLY good thing about Pure!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all aboard the 50% occupancy limit, even before the pandemic gyms got way too crowded even during non peak hours. But pre-scheduling hour blocks of time is going to suck ass unless you workout late at night or early in the morning.

I'm curious to know if gyms will be packed when it first reopens or will people stay away out of fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

Probably more a financial decision. Pubs make more money, they don't want to open everything at once so some things stay closed. Open a few things, monitor the spread of the virus, if ok open some more. Basically they are playing kerplunk. 

Anyway, I don't care. I've decided to train in my garage gym for the rest of the year. 

100% this. We're seeing spikes in places that opened everything in one go, especially the southern states of the US. 

I'm in the same boat. I've dumped a load of cash in to equipment because lets be fair, gyms aren't going to be the most accessible of places when they're reopened. I love training in a gym and can't wait to get back, but while I will keep up my membership so I can go use cardio equipment now and again, I'm giving it a miss for the most part until next spring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, feelinfine said:

I'm all aboard the 50% occupancy limit, even before the pandemic gyms got way too crowded even during non peak hours. But pre-scheduling hour blocks of time is going to suck ass unless you workout late at night or early in the morning.

I'm curious to know if gyms will be packed when it first reopens or will people stay away out of fear.

I used to go to JD gym and it was mental. I would go just after 2pm and it was busy. Go at 6pm and it was like a busy pub. A proper lifters gyms opened up in my area so I joined that and it was far better but then like a 6 weeks later the lock down happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

I used to go to JD gym and it was mental. I would go just after 2pm and it was busy. Go at 6pm and it was like a busy pub. A proper lifters gyms opened up in my area so I joined that and it was far better but then like a 6 weeks later the lock down happens. 

I always thought jd gym was more like a night club at 6pm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

I always thought jd gym was more like a night club at 6pm 

Is it yes. I only went a couple times at 6pm and it was just s**t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mrmotivator said:

I see no reason as to why gyms and other places of health and fitness should remain shut, at least I haven't heard an official arugement for them to remain closed?? 

What implications would these places see If they were to ignore the governments "guided by the science" rules.

I've said from the beginning that gyms will be the last places they will even CONSIDER reopening and i realised it wouldn't be until the end of the summer.  Now it probably won't be until early next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

I always thought jd gym was more like a night club at 6pm 

Gym was perfect for me, but I'm from a dead city lol. I miss that gym, I thought it was great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Fletch68 said:

I've said from the beginning that gyms will be the last places they will even CONSIDER reopening and i realised it wouldn't be until the end of the summer.  Now it probably won't be until early next year. 

You keep saying this, but you're only basing it off an email from the manager from your gym which doesn't mean much. 

Gyms won't be closed until next year. That's ridiculous as it would put the majority of gyms out of business. You really think gyms will still be shut after the government stops paying people's wages? 

They will likely be open later next month or in August at the latest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Chris Adams said:

You keep saying this, but you're only basing it off an email from the manager from your gym which doesn't mean much. 

Gyms won't be closed until next year. That's ridiculous as it would put the majority of gyms out of business. You really think gyms will still be shut after the government stops paying people's wages? 

They will likely be open later next month or in August at the latest.

OK if i'm wrong please feel free to come back and call me a pr1ck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×