I've got several great friends who are black. I refuse to believe that life has somehow been easy for me just because I'm white.

I think the recent and historical white privilege stuff has been the excuse of many coloured people who haven't got a job or done well in school, and that's what they blame it on. When in reality they're just lazy and not willing to put in the hard work.

I also don't agree with any positive discrimination nonsense or quotas etc.. the best person should get the place, doesn't matter they're skin colour.

Racism works both ways it's just you never hear about it when it's black on white. 

I had a guy on Instagram other day saying "you don't see black on white crime" like it doesn't exist. And black people were slaves, when white people were also slaves. 

I also think a white person can kill a person of colour and the colour not be the reason. Same the other way around. 

Lewis Hamilton has come out now saying F1 is a racist sport how? if black drivers were the best in the world, the owners of the teams would have them in their cars in a heart beat, Like in basket ball all the best players seem to be black, yet no one moans at that, same as in the 100 meters all black, American football seem to be mostly black, Our national sport becoming mostly black at the top level, but white people dont kick off,. all the best heavy weight boxers were black, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, If you are good enough colour or race should not come into it.

1 minute ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Lewis Hamilton has come out now saying F1 is a racist sport how? if black drivers were the best in the world, the owners of the teams would have them in their cars in a heart beat, Like in basket ball all the best players seem to be black, yet no one moans at that, same as in the 100 meters all black, American football seem to be mostly black, Our national sport becoming mostly black at the top level, but white people dont kick off,. all the best heavy weight boxers were black, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, If you are good enough colour or race should not come into it.

F1 is different. Sports are dominated by black people due to their natural advantage (higher testosterone etc) but that’s not going to help you drive a car. 

39 minutes ago, drwae said:

F1 is different. Sports are dominated by black people due to their natural advantage (higher testosterone etc) but that’s not going to help you drive a car. 

Black people  also have betting singing voices, I grew up on Motown, apart from Elvis and the Bee Gees.

33 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Black people  also have betting singing voices, I grew up on Motown, apart from Elvis and the Bee Gees.

Elvis isn’t black???! He was when I saw him in Bodrum :D

2 hours ago, Tonysco said:

I've got several great friends who are black. I refuse to believe that life has somehow been easy for me just because I'm white.

I think the recent and historical white privilege stuff has been the excuse of many coloured people who haven't got a job or done well in school, and that's what they blame it on. When in reality they're just lazy and not willing to put in the hard work.

I also don't agree with any positive discrimination nonsense or quotas etc.. the best person should get the place, doesn't matter they're skin colour.

100% agree with this. I am for absolute equal rights and opportunity. Not an equal result. If you’re given the opportunity, it’s down to the person to take it.

Quotas are wholly unacceptable and should be banned. I would be ashamed if I got a job because I fit in to a quota. Imagine the humiliation.

1 hour ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

I do agree to an extent, however, I think the difference in sport is that most athletes are given an equal opportunity. It is then down to the athlete to take that opportunity end therefore define the result. Usually it will be the best athlete that takes the contract. 

My issue is with quotas demanding a certainly % of a team is BAME, disabled etc. That’s when it is wrong. 

5 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

100% agree with this. I am for absolute equal rights and opportunity. Not an equal result. If you’re given the opportunity, it’s down to the person to take it.

Quotas are wholly unacceptable and should be banned. I would be ashamed if I got a job because I fit in to a quota. Imagine the humiliation.

You and I have a completely different attitude to the people that this thread is about. They have no shame or humiliation, they believe they should have things handed to them on a plate to balance out some perceived injustice, either to them now or to the black people that were enslaved in the US. Sadly a lot of black British people that are descended from the wind rush generation that take to twitter and tumblr with this nonsense seem to think they are directly related to slaves in the US. 

1 hour ago, drwae said:

Then where are all the female F1 drivers

17 minutes ago, drwae said:

You and I have a completely different attitude to the people that this thread is about. They have no shame or humiliation, they believe they should have things handed to them on a plate to balance out some perceived injustice, either to them now or to the black people that were enslaved in the US. Sadly a lot of black British people that are descended from the wind rush generation that take to twitter and tumblr with this nonsense seem to think they are directly related to slaves in the US. 

I think you misunderstand me, or I didn't make myself clear enough, mate. Imagine the humiliation to a person that doesn't have the sense an entitlement. 

It applies to a huge cross section of society, not just ethnic minorities. I live in a mining town where Maggie is still blamed for a lack of opportunities 35 years on.

15 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

Then where are all the female F1 drivers

That is a good point, if its not as physically demanding as it was years ago, why are there no females in F1

11 hours ago, Test-e said:

With the recent death of George lloyd as a result of police brutality, and the wave of protests that followed; social media has come abuzz with white shaming posts. 

PAL_2020-05-31_232522_867.thumb.jpg.589e56d6b273c6edcbb2cfa8c3944377.jpg

What do you make of the whole situation?

That last line...Oprah was born in 1954 and has since gone on to become a black, female BILLIONAIRE. Yet, apparently, there are no opportunities for black Americans?

25 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

I do agree to an extent, however, I think the difference in sport is that most athletes are given an equal opportunity. It is then down to the athlete to take that opportunity end therefore define the result. Usually it will be the best athlete that takes the contract. 

My issue is with quotas demanding a certainly % of a team is BAME, disabled etc. That’s when it is wrong. 

Diane Abbott springs to mind, what a thick cnut, how does she hang on to her job?

2 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Diane Abbott springs to mind, what a thick cnut, how does she hang on to her job?

Imagine this scenario; if Corbyn had got in to power ahead of Bozzer. And Corbyn had contracted COVID. Diane Abbott would have been running the country for a month...

7 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Because she went to Cambridge and they all knew each other? Probably got into there based on quotas though 

4 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Imagine this scenario; if Corbyn had got in to power ahead of Bozzer. And Corbyn had contracted COVID. Diane Abbott would have been running the country for a month...

WOW what a scary thought, made my blood run cold lol

12 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

That is a good point, if its not as physically demanding as it was years ago, why are there no females in F1

I actually had this conversation with a female friend the other day. She's a bit of a feminist, but one with a very relaxed, fair view. She was very honest about it and said it's genuinely because most men have better genetics that lend themselves to driving. It's also an interest thing. How many 6yr old girls want to drive around a race track in a go-kart? That's when it all starts. The answer is not may, but even fewer when they reach 12-13yrs old when puberty hits. That's the reality of it. However, many of those watching from the outside in, ironically with very little understanding of how genetics and sporting careers work, point out the lack of women and instantly go to blaming men for a lack of opportunities. 

18 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Because she's only there to fill a quota, polictical correctness is deadly.

1 hour ago, Seppuku71 said:

That was very interesting, especially the two videos on there.  Not the usual reason i go onto bestgore.com...

Me neither.....couldn’t really masturbate to that one