UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Is bulk powders decent any flavour recommendations?

11K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Jamiewilliamsss 
#1 ·
There doing 2 x 2.5 kg whey protein afor £50 which is cheap for decent flavours they got hundreds at 30 grams a serving its almost 170 servings but they got so Many flavours I. Ain't got a clue what to. Buy apple pie sounds promising?

#7 ·
Not once have I bought protein powder because of its flavour. Always found it odd to read all the reviews about whether it tastes nice or not. Surely the big issue is whether it actually contains what you need it to - not how much artificial sweeteners have they put in it to make it taste 'nice'.

40 years ago they all tasted like shite, wouldn't mix and made you gag. Unflavoured is more than enough of a treat for me. Whether it does what it is meant to is far, far more important.

#11 ·
Not once have I bought protein powder because of its flavour. Always found it odd to read all the reviews about whether it tastes nice or not. Surely the big issue is whether it actually contains what you need it to - not how much artificial sweeteners have they put in it to make it taste 'nice'.

40 years ago they all tasted like shite, wouldn't mix and made you gag. Unflavoured is more than enough of a treat for me. Whether it does what it is meant to is far, far more important.
That's like saying a car that has 4 wheels is enough because 40 years ago your car only had 3! It's still nice to have the heated seats, cruise control etc.

#21 ·
@Jamiewilliamsss I'd buy the plain powder and get a few of the flavourings you are interested in and test out.

Your probably find it less boring if you can change the flavour of that better priced 5kg bag of whey to.
Its fine I'm not drinking it plain ive still. Got some smooth Chocolateflavour aswell so Il alternative beetween the 3

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
I used bulk powders for many years until one time they didn't have a particular product in stock and so a quick Google search came up with bodybuilding warehouse. I've never used bulk powders since. The quality of BW is second to none. Their homegrown range is super extensive and high standard. For every order you make earns you protein pounds to use online and spend on what you want in the BW site.Sign up to the newsletter to receive daily emails of offers including buy one get one free and 50% off and also free gifts usually come with every order.

#30 ·
WOW sounds fantastic, you wouldnt happen to have an affiliate link?

PS just kidding I dont want a link they are just as big tossers as the rest of the suppliers now. They were alot cheaper than MP, and BP until recently. Now their prices have went up loads. Last time I used them they'd removed the standard shipping option so the cheapest option was Next Day Delivery (which took 3 days to arrive) so even with 50% off 5kg flavoured was over £50.

#33 ·
I've just made an order with Bulk Powders after being a loyal My Protein customer for years. Let's see what they're like.

I would never use Bodybuilding Warehouse, I remember placing an order with them a few years back, never showed up, absolutely dogs*#t customer service. Would not recommend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.