EpicSquats

How many unemployed, how many working from home now?

8 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

This. And the fact that most people thought credit was free money and it didn’t matter if they didn’t pay it back.

Totally agree. One of the simple answers I forgot to mention. 

1 hour ago, Cronus said:

Thanks, I just get curious to know what my fellow brothers in iron do for work

No worries. Hard sluggish job 70% of the time but pays well. 

What do you do?

3 hours ago, dtmiscool said:

All the sites I work on are still closed or the work has dried up. I haven’t worked a full week since the third week of March. 

Haven't worked at all through May and still have no work for at least a few more weeks (but that’s me being hopeful). 

I’m screwed though being self employed because unlike the furlough scheme we can’t work for an employer and still be entitled to our grant. 

So I either wait for my grant which will be around £6,000 for June/July/August or get an employed job doing something for near minimum wage and earning around £3000 for June/July/August. 

Its pointless. It’s stupid that I’m better off out of work than I am getting a different job whilst my usual job has dried up during the pandemic. 

Did you not get your May (80%) grant Bud.?

12 minutes ago, Spieren said:

Did you not get your May (80%) grant Bud.?

Yes I did mate, I got around £6,400, but that’s what I’m saying. Since my job has come to a stand still I actually benefit in waiting for the next grant in August than working some low paying job. It’s a bit stupid. 

Universal tax credit £409 a month, and two big grants mean I would have got £13,000 between April and August and I haven’t even worked... it just seems so backwards from an economy stand point. 

I’ve never had any sorts of benefits before lockdown but I can see why people do it now.. free money paid for the taxpayers to sit and do cock all. 

Give it until September and we will all be f**ked when companies are forced to pay wages etc again. 

Just now, dtmiscool said:

Yes I did mate, but that’s what I’m saying. Since my job has come to a stand still I actually benefit in waiting for the next grant in August than working some low paying job. It’s a bit stupid. 

Oh, gotcha Bud :thumbup1:

21 minutes ago, dtmiscool said:

No worries. Hard sluggish job 70% of the time but pays well. 

What do you do?

Aye, sounds like must be a nightmare for bulking and trying to get the calories in. I used to work in Royal Mail many years ago in distribution centre and I think my maintenance was like 5000kcals

I've trained as an accountant, I left my job though last year as it was extremely unsatisfying. I'm now studying for my ACCA and becoming a PT on the side, both of which come to a halt, because I am unable to sit the finance papers or the PT exam. 

Self funded too, so its costing me around 10 grand once all said and done. Should be worth it by this time next year

59 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Aye, sounds like must be a nightmare for bulking and trying to get the calories in. I used to work in Royal Mail many years ago in distribution centre and I think my maintenance was like 5000kcals

I've trained as an accountant, I left my job though last year as it was extremely unsatisfying. I'm now studying for my ACCA and becoming a PT on the side, both of which come to a halt, because I am unable to sit the finance papers or the PT exam. 

Self funded too, so its costing me around 10 grand once all said and done. Should be worth it by this time next year

Yeah, I get to around 5k calories and struggle to eat more after that point so weight loss always stalls at some point eventually. Struggle to get over around 95kg. 

I was a PT previously but just didn’t lay the bills regularly enough to stable enough. 

2 hours ago, dtmiscool said:

Yes I did mate, I got around £6,400, but that’s what I’m saying. Since my job has come to a stand still I actually benefit in waiting for the next grant in August than working some low paying job. It’s a bit stupid. 

Universal tax credit £409 a month, and two big grants mean I would have got £13,000 between April and August and I haven’t even worked... it just seems so backwards from an economy stand point. 

I’ve never had any sorts of benefits before lockdown but I can see why people do it now.. free money paid for the taxpayers to sit and do cock all. 

Give it until September and we will all be f**ked when companies are forced to pay wages etc again. 

Don't you have to pay the grants back within a year? Could prove difficult to manage if work slows down or something

yep, working from home.   I work for the government and we starting preparing all home working Monday before Boris announced the lockdown.

I actually enjoy it, no fuffing about with colleagues and queeing for the coffee kitchens/lunch tables in cantine and gender neutral toilets.

just pisses me off seeing all the 50% who get free tax money ill have to contribute towards paying for , all these people who are always about all day pissing about and enjoy the sun. its like a holiday for people now.

Now got some women on Stephen Nolan BBC wanting governmetn bailout for 78'000 of the UK's sex workers because obviously a sex worker cant go round to HMRC with PAYE tax statements.

wish i lived in a nation where everybody pays for their own stuff, sick of funding others lifestyles. so many with gruppy hands out for taxpayers cash

22 hours ago, Smilez said:

Don't you have to pay the grants back within a year? Could prove difficult to manage if work slows down or something

No, it’s a grant.. meaning it’s basically a hand out. You pay tax on it next year in your tax return but that’s it. 

Its the self self employed equivalent of furlough even though it actually isn’t but it’s there best effort of it anyway. 

We will all have to pay it back at some point in taxes or national insurance contributions etc. 

Back to work tomorrow after 5 weeks furlough.. Itching to get back now. I'd gone from working 7 days a week to nothing. 

On 30/05/2020 at 4:58 AM, Sasnak said:

Feel for you fella. I remember being short of money when I had a toddler and the Mrs with another on the way. That was a few years ago and both my kids are teenagers now.

I’ve got a mate who works at your place too. He’s reasonably optimistic. Theres plenty of work in Birmingham and the surrounding areas so try not to get too downhearted.

Thanks buddy hopefully things get better really missing the gym at the moment the struggle is real