Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

Why you should always buy the best coffee.

34 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

I'm a coffee addict and would give up alcohol before coffee. Pretty much every morning will have a coffee as soon as I'm out of bed then a few during the day. Don't like leaving the house before I've had a coffee. 

Same here man, get out of bed, first thing is make  make a coffee, regardless of what I'm doing that day. 

Gave up the booze but the thought of never having a coffee again leaves me cold:mellow:

19 minutes ago, jjtreml said:

That company is indirectly owned by Bill Gates, how does it feel ?

Sh1t, won't be buying again, thanks for the heads up. 

On 27/05/2020 at 10:56 AM, EpicSquats said:

Heathen! :lol:

hahaha,
I like the instant one from the Lidl. that one in the tin. 2.99 i think it costs

Love a good quality coffee.

I have a decent bean to cup machine - nothing better than the smell of freshly ground coffee beans first thing in the morning, especially when fasting or restricting kcal.

All my life I disliked coffee, even the smell made me bork. Unless it was coffee crème biscuits then id eat the lot. Had my first ever 'coffee' about 5 years ago. It was a vanilla latte from Starbucks in Bicester, I remember it well.

So I started drinking flavoured lattes every now and then. Up until a year ago I still didn't like plain coffee but I tried an Americano in a fancy hotel in The Dam, it was very nice indeed. So I bought a Tassimo and I love it. I like a plain Americano, I even have a tin of Nescafe Azera Americano in work.

Its funny how tastes can change.

Go me! :thumb

On 27/05/2020 at 11:44 AM, EpicSquats said:

Because it's so cheap. You could buy the cheap not so nice stuff, but the good stuff isn't expensive considering you spend a tenner on beer for the night. A 10 pound jar of coffee lasts about a month  so why buy the cheaper stuff that doesn't taste as nice. There really is a difference between the cheap crappy coffee and the more expensive nice stuff.

Best coffee comes in beans that you then roast then you grind then you brew. It does not come in a jar. 

what do you define as best coffee? What brand or which beans even? 

1 hour ago, superpube said:

I'm a fresh beans, handground guy

Brew in aeropress

Basically a hipster t**t. But coffee makes me happy

Now we are talking coffee. South American, Central American, African, jamicaian, Indian?  Arabica beats robusta every time and I prefer a sole source not a blend. Pour over coffee made from fresh ground beans is the best 

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Now we are talking coffee. South American, Central American, African, jamicaian, Indian?  Arabica beats robusta every time and I prefer a sole source not a blend. Pour over coffee made from fresh ground beans is the best 

f**k robusto that's good for instant and nothing else

Light roast, way nicer

I subscribe to square mile and django.different bag per week central and south american and various african countries

I haven't got a v60 yet.. should do. Mate has and tbh its nicer than aeropress when done right

I really love fresh ground coffee but I'm also a lazy cnut so given the choice of spending 2 minutes of my time/effort making a s**t instant coffee or 5 minutes making a lovely ground coffee, the 2 minute option wins everytime.

In the morning, or when I'm tired I also just pour the coffee out the jar into the mug (probably a couple of tablespoons) so I can go through a jar very quickly. Although it's not a mega expence if I was buying more expensive ground coffee regularly it would still annoy me when a £8 bag was gone in the space of a few days.

31 minutes ago, DORIAN said:

Coffee pods are surprisingly good 

was expecting meh, I was taken aback 

They are better than instant. 

For a cheap way of making good coffee you can use a moka pot. About £10-20. You put hot water(not cold) and ground coffee in it and put on stove for a few minutes.  Makes a very good cup of coffee.

The Moka Pot Is an Inexpensive Espresso Alternative | Serious Eats

11 minutes ago, lewdylewd said:

I really love fresh ground coffee but I'm also a lazy cnut so given the choice of spending 2 minutes of my time/effort making a s**t instant coffee or 5 minutes making a lovely ground coffee, the 2 minute option wins everytime.

Proper fresh coffee does taste way better than instant. But yes like you if I'm rushed for time I'll make instant like 5am before work. If I have time I'll make a proper coffee. 

37 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

Proper fresh coffee does taste way better than instant. But yes like you if I'm rushed for time I'll make instant like 5am before work. If I have time I'll make a proper coffee. 

The 3 or 4 minutes brew time majority isnt active.. I prep the rest of my breakfast while waiting for it to brew

f**k instant I'd rather go without

2 hours ago, superpube said:

The 3 or 4 minutes brew time majority isnt active.. I prep the rest of my breakfast while waiting for it to brew

f**k instant I'd rather go without

You obviously dont understand the mind of a lazy cnut. 

If I need to multitask, or make an effort to be time efficient to get something done the chances are I will just f**k it off instead.

Never run if you can walk, never walk if you can stand, never stand if you can sit, never sit if you can lie down, never lie down if you can sleep.

3 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

For a cheap way of making good coffee you can use a moka pot. About £10-20. You put hot water(not cold) and ground coffee in it and put on stove for a few minutes.  Makes a very good cup of coffee.

They are the nuts mate. Don’t have one but had it made for me by a few customers. I can drink my espressos all day, but I think I’d leave these for mornings only. Need to get one :thumbup1:

15 hours ago, Tricky said:

it's bloody hard to get the robusta beans, at least in the places i've been to :/

14 hours ago, DORIAN said:

Coffee pods are surprisingly good 

was expecting meh, I was taken aback 

Yeah I've got a Dolce Gusto and use some some nice pods I found on Amazon. Really easy, clean and tastes decent enough.

15 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

The Moka Pot Is an Inexpensive Espresso Alternative | Serious Eats

Might try one of them mate, 
the coffee my mate makes is Lavazza pods, and hand on heart I personally think they better than several coffee shops I frequent, including costa, Starbucks etc, 

he uses a milk throther also it’s quality stuff imo 

On 27/05/2020 at 11:44 AM, EpicSquats said:

Because it's so cheap. You could buy the cheap not so nice stuff, but the good stuff isn't expensive considering you spend a tenner on beer for the night. A 10 pound jar of coffee lasts about a month  so why buy the cheaper stuff that doesn't taste as nice. There really is a difference between the cheap crappy coffee and the more expensive nice stuff.

If it comes in a jar, it is still utter shite coffee, Epic. 

Go invest in a stove top or espresso machine. Stove tops are cheap as. Buy coffee from a proper coffee store. You will never buy coffee in a jar again.

Or the bagged ground coffee (From supermarkets) that claims to be like coffee you buy from legit coffee stores. It is not.