Sign in to follow this  
MickeyE

Anyone been following the Dominic Cummings debacle?

If so what's your take on it?

Did he break any rules? or was he just doing what any reasonable and responsible parent would have done in the same circumstances?

His press conference yesterday was bordering on the bizarre to me. Well probably past bordering.

Maybe he didn't come into contact with anyone outside his family, maybe he wore a face mask and disposable gloves and did pay at pump and wiped it all down after, but regardless of level of risk I don't think he should have done it because it's against his own rules.

8 minutes ago, drwae said:

Maybe he didn't come into contact with anyone outside his family, maybe he wore a face mask and disposable gloves and did pay at pump and wiped it all down after, but regardless of level of risk I don't think he should have done it because it's against his own rules.

Yeh I don't think he probably put anyone outside his oen family at risk but I don't think that's the point.

We could have all done stuff that didn't logically put anyone at risk , like going out for a drive if/When we were bored but it would have still been breaking the rules and subsequently the law. 

TBH he broke the rules/law before he even set off for Durham, after admitting he went back to work after going home to see his wife who had possible Covid symptoms.

I can't believe Johnson and some other MPs are trying to defend him. It just shows how horrific their judgement must be.

8 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

The man is an absolute genius, he has discovered that we no longer need to book an appointment at spec savers, just jump in the car and go for a 60 mile round trip.

That bit is beyond ridiculous.

He apparently did all this 260 mile journey etc to safeguard his young child.

Then he decides to take said young child on a drive when he's uncertain about his eyesight.

The whole thing reminds of the Little Britain implausible politician excuse sketch.

If we had packed the family up and travelled that distance, we'd have either got fined or turned back and just accepted we were chancing it and held our hands up. This cvnt just thinks he's above it all. And worse, it shows us Boris is terrified to be without him. He trusts Cummings more than his own fvcking ministers! And he's prepared to look like a cvnt just to keep hold of him. He should go but he'll fall completely on his feet and will be running banks or big businesses in no time at all leaving Boris flapping around and flustered. 

What happened to " Lead by example" ? 

Leadership involves ownership; he should have realised that his actions would be criticised. 

The damage is now being compounded by sycophantic ministers towing the line. 

Johnson now appears weak, he cant do without Dominic to hold his hand . 

I dont think anyone is sticking to the rules in England given the high death rate, worst in europe...so it will blow over in the media im sure.

Think the guys a bit of a nob. (I voted remain, so what else would I think of him.) But ffs, give it a rest. Someone posted something interesting on Facebook the other day about 4 labor MPs got busted breaking the rules. I'd only heard about 1 of them. So why all the interest in this one?

Government advisers are usually faceless people who work in the background, that we don't know the names of let alone recognise. So if the elected officials don't have to quit why should advisers.

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

If we had packed the family up and travelled that distance, we'd have either got fined or turned back and just accepted we were chancing it and held our hands up. This cvnt just thinks he's above it all. And worse, it shows us Boris is terrified to be without him. He trusts Cummings more than his own fvcking ministers! And he's prepared to look like a cvnt just to keep hold of him. He should go but he'll fall completely on his feet and will be running banks or big businesses in no time at all leaving Boris flapping around and flustered. 

The thing that baffles me more than anything is how did Johnson and the rest of the cabinet ministers supporting him actually think it was good idea to let him go in front of the cameras to give his account of events.

How could anyone in their right mind think his explanations would sound anywhere near plausible to anyone over 9 years old.

24 minutes ago, Denied said:

Think the guys a bit of a nob. (I voted remain, so what else would I think of him.) But ffs, give it a rest. Someone posted something interesting on Facebook the other day about 4 labor MPs got busted breaking the rules. I'd only heard about 1 of them. So why all the interest in this one?

Government advisers are usually faceless people who work in the background, that we don't know the names of let alone recognise. So if the elected officials don't have to quit why should advisers.

@DeniedI think all the furore is because he is one of a very small group of people chiefly responsible for setting the rules.

And the SNP bird and Ferguson both resigned pretty quickly after being caught flouting the rules.

What makes it even worse is that Cummings explanation of the events is clearly absolute BS. The blatant dishonesty is worse than breaking the rules.

But I understand why he's lied and is being backed by Johnson and co. Because if he were to admit fault he would have to go, no question.

I really can't see how he survives though still.

17 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

I've not really followed it but look at the camera men and reporters all bunched together around him.

Talking about hypocrisy, what's with that. 

Yeh and the fookin idiot Cummings had the front to berate the reporters for that after his own shenanigans!

Dude comes across as a complete sociopath TBH.

34 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Yeh and the fookin idiot Cummings had the front to berate the reporters for that after his own shenanigans!

Dude comes across as a complete sociopath TBH.

Like I said, I've not followed it so don't know the details but his argument of needing to be close to family in case he needed them to look after his children was a bit weak.  He could have stayed where he was and if he needed his family to take his children because he was too sick he could have phoned them and they could drive to him to pick the children up. 

He had to test his eye sight 30 mintues down the road at a castle???? I'm surprised he didn't pull out the medical advisors excuse.

Lol, sums up this crack pot government that have handed labour the keys to government

9 minutes ago, Mrmotivator said:

He had to test his eye sight 30 mintues down the road at a castle???? I'm surprised he didn't pull out the medical advisors excuse.

Lol, sums up this crack pot government that have handed labour the keys to government

Shouldn't he have been self isolating if he or his missus had the symptoms that were apparently the reason for the journey? Did he put an optician at risk? What an arrogant dick. 

The tricky thing with principles is that they have to be applied equally to all people at all times.

Yes, Cummings was obviously in the wrong, and his excuses are insultingly dishonest.

Yet i'm still waiting to hear from anyone....anyone at all....that is demanding Cummings' resignation as vocally as they do of Labour MP Tahir Ali, who attended a funeral with around 100 mourners in April during the lockdown.

If the media (and the sheeple that regurgitate their fatuous arguments) don't have the intellectual honesty to apply the stay at home principles to everyone equally, i'm not really interested in what they have to say. It's boring!

12 minutes ago, spod said:

The tricky thing with principles is that they have to be applied equally to all people at all times.

Yes, Cummings was obviously in the wrong, and his excuses are insultingly dishonest.

Yet i'm still waiting to hear from anyone....anyone at all....that is demanding Cummings' resignation as vocally as they do of Labour MP Tahir Ali, who attended a funeral with around 100 mourners in April during the lockdown.

If the media (and the sheeple that regurgitate their fatuous arguments) don't have the intellectual honesty to apply the stay at home principles to everyone equally, i'm not really interested in what they have to say. It's boring!

The big difference between Ali (or anyone else) breaking the rules is that they weren't a big player in the team responsible for making the rules as Cummings and Ferguson were.

There wasn't that much drama when Ferguson got caught because he did the right thing and resigned straight away. 

To me the whole lockdown thing has been a load of bllx from the start so I really don't give a sh1t who has or hasn't broken the rules. But the absolute nonsense Cummings has come out with to try to somehow explain how he apparently hasn't broken any rules is what I find absolutely ridiculous. I have to admit  it has been pretty entertaining though.

Not sure If you're aware of what he's said but his story about going on 60 mile round trip drive(with his 4 year old in the car) on the 12th April to test his eyesight for the journey home the next day is just beyond the realms of reality. If he's telling the truth he's a complete psychopath for taking a 4 year old on such a journey, if not true he's completely dishonest and lacking integrity. either way he's not fit for purpose for the role he's employed in. 

6 hours ago, dumbat said:

What happened to " Lead by example" ? 

Leadership involves ownership; he should have realised that his actions would be criticised. 

The damage is now being compounded by sycophantic ministers towing the line. 

Johnson now appears weak, he cant do without Dominic to hold his hand . 

Boris Johnson is a buffoon and a clown. Hopelessly outof touch and generally clueless. 

1 hour ago, MickeyE said:

The big difference between Ali (or anyone else) breaking the rules is that they weren't a big player in the team responsible for making the rules as Cummings and Ferguson were.

There wasn't that much drama when Ferguson got caught because he did the right thing and resigned straight away. 

To me the whole lockdown thing has been a load of bllx from the start so I really don't give a sh1t who has or hasn't broken the rules. But the absolute nonsense Cummings has come out with to try to somehow explain how he apparently hasn't broken any rules is what I find absolutely ridiculous. I have to admit  it has been pretty entertaining though.

Not sure If you're aware of what he's said but his story about going on 60 mile round trip drive(with his 4 year old in the car) on the 12th April to test his eyesight for the journey home the next day is just beyond the realms of reality. If he's telling the truth he's a complete psychopath for taking a 4 year old on such a journey, if not true he's completely dishonest and lacking integrity. either way he's not fit for purpose for the role he's employed in. 

I get what you're saying, mate, but Cummings is not an MP...he's merely an advisor.

Yes, his excuses for travelling are total BS, and if there was any evidence of him not adhering to social distancing guidelines (and putting others at risk), i'd be less sympathetic towards him...but travelling with members of his household in his personal vehicle to an unoccupied house isn't exactly crime of the century as far as i can see. Neither is going to the seaside away from everyone else. Yes, technically he broke the rules, but who did he put at risk??

It's not as if he's going around swapping all manner of bodily fluids with married women from different households like that Ferguson idiot.

I'm sure you've seen this pic on social media...i think it captures the hypocrisy rather well.

99375534_3224036864281626_438303736134107136_n.png

1 hour ago, spod said:

I get what you're saying, mate, but Cummings is not an MP...he's merely an advisor.

Yes, his excuses for travelling are total BS, and if there was any evidence of him not adhering to social distancing guidelines (and putting others at risk), i'd be less sympathetic towards him...but travelling with members of his household in his personal vehicle to an unoccupied house isn't exactly crime of the century as far as i can see. Neither is going to the seaside away from everyone else. Yes, technically he broke the rules, but who did he put at risk??

It's not as if he's going around swapping all manner of bodily fluids with married women from different households like that Ferguson idiot.

I'm sure you've seen this pic on social media...i think it captures the hypocrisy rather well.

I agree with that. It isn't a crime to go to a beauty spot (well technically it was at the time!) and of course doing that didn't really put anyone at risk. Apart from his passengers!

The problem is he's made up this elaborate and completely ridiculous story about only going there to test his eyesight. Which proves he's a completely  dishonest bastard. That's the biggest issue to me.

You got caught out put your hands up, especially when you can't come up with an even remotely plausible defence.

Of course he can't admit he did anything wrong or he'll have to go. He now has zero credibility though and he's dragging down Johnson and co's credibility every extra day he stays in his job.

I get what you're saying with the hypocrisy image. But I don't think anything can be more hypocritical than those making the rules actually breaking them themselves 

8 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Cummings was one the architects

That c**t runs the country...........and he’s got some plans for it that are going to piss a lot of people off! I’m with him on some of them, but not all of them.

2 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

That c**t runs the country...........and he’s got some plans for it that are going to piss a lot of people off! I’m with him on some of them, but not all of them.

What are his plans bro?