Sign in to follow this  
drwae

Do you think steroids are socially acceptable?

I think they are still a massive taboo amongst the general public, and probably always will be. I think theres even a more negative connotation with steroids than there is with cocaine. 

I think even the average gym goer is anti steroids.. I think they're only accepted by those who take them. All my closest friends take them

5 hours ago, jjtreml said:

This, the majority of people are complete ignorant retarded feckwits that aren't worth a minute of my time, so I don't even bother.

It hurts the fact that when I read gems like this I usually already run out of likes, srs. :thumbup1:

My mate thought steroids were injected into the vein in your arm so no, I don't believe they are socially acceptable, unless you're hanging around others that also do it.

20 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

I appreciate that it's mainly the middle classes that put money in the pocket of coke dealers but I would think even they would acknowledge that what they were doing wasn't particularly socially acceptable. 

But they offset it and salve their conscious by setting up a £3pm direct debit to a little boy called Juan from South America; orphaned by the cartels.

1 hour ago, TERBO said:

My mate thought steroids were injected into the vein in your arm so no, I don't believe they are socially acceptable, unless you're hanging around others that also do it.

I inject into my knob.

But it gives me a warty bulb.

I remember reading something on my local FB page. The poster didn’t like walking past the local gym because the guys were all outside flexing their muscles and leaving needles all over the place. Complete bollox but that kind of ignorance gets absorbed. 

It's because people are extremely adverse to needles. That's why intravenous drugs are seen as the worst and most hardcore. I am willing to bet most people don't try steroids because of needles, not because of any legality or morality issue.

People snort cocaine and pop mdma like candy openly but injecting heroin is crossing that invisible line into junkie territory. Steroids will never be accepted by the mainstream.

51 minutes ago, feelinfine said:

It's because people are extremely adverse to needles. That's why intravenous drugs are seen as the worst and most hardcore. I am willing to bet most people don't try steroids because of needles, not because of any legality or morality issue.

People snort cocaine and pop mdma like candy openly but injecting heroin is crossing that invisible line into junkie territory. Steroids will never be accepted by the mainstream.

The line is clear as day; you inject heroin and you're a junkie. Smash a few reccies here and there and you're not.

On 24/05/2020 at 7:02 PM, drwae said:

I've told a few friends (all 20s) and no one seemed to think it was a bad thing, except one friend (30) who told me I'm killing myself. But she also gets f**ked off if she finds out I've had a smoke or been on the sniff.

What's your age group and is it socially acceptable to your peers?

Loose lips sink ships!
It should be pure 007 business, on a need to know basis only.
In fact you should have Shirley Bassey playing as background music when you're even discussing steroids.

You have much to learn grasshopper, I suggest you study the art of secrecy and meditate, only then will you learn "The way of the roider".

I'm personally at such a advanced levelnow that I have no idea when I'm even on a cycle.

On 5/25/2020 at 9:29 AM, jjtreml said:

This, the majority of people are complete ignorant retarded feckwits that aren't worth a minute of my time, so I don't even bother.

Up your tren, halo and drol dose to double.

You might like people then.

The media have played a massive part in this. Stigmatisation on any level always causes a lot of different views and opinions. Like a lot of the comments have already said, it seems that anyone using a needle will get tarred with the same brush as a "Junkie" or "Addict", even if you just injected saline people would look at you weird. 

Personally I think use of gear is fine, I'm more for safeguarding and helping people use safely. I'm presently putting together studies for my PhD which I hope will help with harm reduction services, as well as trying to educate healthcare "professionals". Hopefully if there's more unbiased info out there people will be equipped better to understand the ins and outs of steroid use before they jump the gun and yell "FIRE". 

12 hours ago, Smilez said:

The line is clear as day; you inject heroin and you're a junkie. Smash a few reccies here and there and you're not.

Yeah but most people can take pills a couple of times a month with their mates, or decide not to if they don’t want to, but no one uses heroin recreationally and in control for very long!

20 hours ago, ThatsLife said:

If they were acceptable, why do the vast majority who take them deny using them... 

I think people hiding it is a big reason it's not accepted. Why hide it from people in the gym or your family? 

I've used in the past and if someone asked and were not a dick about it I would just tell them. If you might risk losing your job then ok but otherwise who cares. 

4 hours ago, drwae said:

Yeah but most people can take pills a couple of times a month with their mates, or decide not to if they don’t want to, but no one uses heroin recreationally and in control for very long!

That was my point mate. Lol. It's easy to distinguish between someone who does reccies and a crack head, injecting heroin is a pretty good giveaway

Not socially acceptable imo. My wife knows. A mate of mine knows (fellow user) and you lot.

I play rugby and know other lads at the club who clearly use. If any of them spoke to me in a one-on-one situation I might discuss my use with them depending on how much of a rapport I’d developed with them.

At the start of last season 3 lads separately asked me if I was using. I laughed and came out with a glib comment but didn’t actually answer the question as I’m not going to lie.

I don’t use cocaine and wouldn’t. If someone asked me if I did I wouldn’t say yes or no in this instance either. Nobody else’s business anyway. I wouldn’t ask somebody else if they use any form of drug so don’t see why they should ask me. People are just nosey f**kers.

6 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

I think people hiding it is a big reason it's not accepted. Why hide it from people in the gym or your family? 

I've used in the past and if someone asked and were not a dick about it I would just tell them. If you might risk losing your job then ok but otherwise who cares. 

I was thinking more high profile people like celebrities and well known people in the fitness industry who are blatantly on but flat out deny it.  

2 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Not socially acceptable imo. My wife knows. A mate of mine knows (fellow user) and you lot.

I play rugby and know other lads at the club who clearly use. If any of them spoke to me in a one-on-one situation I might discuss my use with them depending on how much of a rapport I’d developed with them.

At the start of last season 3 lads separately asked me if I was using. I laughed and came out with a glib comment but didn’t actually answer the question as I’m not going to lie.

I don’t use cocaine and wouldn’t. If someone asked me if I did I wouldn’t say yes or no in this instance either. Nobody else’s business anyway. I wouldn’t ask somebody else if they use any form of drug so don’t see why they should ask me. People are just nosey f**kers.

None of the other lads noticed you had tiny balls when you were feeling each other up in the scrum?

9 minutes ago, drwae said:

None of the other lads noticed you had tiny balls when you were feeling each other up in the scrum?

Hcg mate. 

The average person thinks people on steroids are aggressive and angry and always one step away from beating the s**t out of some random person for no reason. So, no it's not very socially acceptable.