Sign in to follow this  
cs_99

Car buys, wait a bit or buy now?

Morning all, just wondering anyone bit the bullet and got anything during the crisis

Has anyone seen prices go down or up?

Tbh I wasnt looking hard enough before so dont know if prices have been affected

Bought a car only 4 weeks ago. 

Got it at a bargain as nobody would travel to look at the car, and of course lots of people were out of work so their financial situation was unsure. The car had been advertised for a number of weeks but I was the first to inquire about it. 

Definitely wouldn't have got it for what I did if it hadn't been for the lockdown.

I would guess dealers will put their prices up to try and recoup some losses and private sale prices will go down as people try and get some quick cash together. 

9 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Bro inlaw got a nice deal from a car supermarket....trouble is is it's a fcukin Kia :rolleyes:

my parents got a kia sportage 1.6t auto last year, it's an alright car, plenty of space and got all the gadgets inside, not driven it though. not the most comofrtable as a passenger either tbh

8 minutes ago, drwae said:

my parents got a kia sportage 1.6t auto last year, it's an alright car, plenty of space and got all the gadgets inside, not driven it though. not the most comofrtable as a passenger either tbh

Sportage are quite nice from what I've seen....but the Kia I'm talking about is Kia Soul lol 

My Mrs eldest brother is in his 50's and he actually got rid of a nice 3 series beema for one of these 'souls' - why? God knows!!! 

1 minute ago, SuperRips said:

Sportage are quite nice from what I've seen....but the Kia I'm talking about is Kia Soul lol 

My Mrs eldest brother is in his 50's and he actually got rid of a nice 3 series beema for one of these 'souls' 

Oh yeah, ugly little fake jeep 

Bought one 2 days before covid-19 caused chaos. 

Have had my other one up for sale since then. 

Autotrader have advertised it free since my initial advert expired. 

Have dropped the asking price £1k to try and spike some interest 

I got a right little cracker of a car last week. 17 year old and never failed an MOT. Never even had an advisory. Garaged all its life, no rust or corrosion. Looks like a fresh Jap import.

My guess is that people either aren't venturing out to buy cars, or they're saving their money for the inevitable economic misery. 

14 minutes ago, RalphPotawn said:

I got a right little cracker of a car last week. 17 year old and never failed an MOT. Never even had an advisory. Garaged all its life, no rust or corrosion. Looks like a fresh Jap import.

My guess is that people either aren't venturing out to buy cars, or they're saving their money for the inevitable economic misery. 

What is it? 

My PCP deal ends September, so I'm due to pick my new car June, the price hasn't changed a penny on the cars I like, which has surprised me. 

On 5/24/2020 at 12:41 PM, PsychedUp said:

Bought a car only 4 weeks ago. 

Got it at a bargain as nobody would travel to look at the car, and of course lots of people were out of work so their financial situation was unsure. The car had been advertised for a number of weeks but I was the first to inquire about it. 

Definitely wouldn't have got it for what I did if it hadn't been for the lockdown.

Where did you get that ebay?

I bought my stunning  XKR convertible just days before lockdown, bloody well gutted, was really looking forward to spring/summer :(.

So, wait, prices of used will drop as more people sadly lose their jobs when full lockdown returns in 3-4wks.

2 hours ago, stargazer said:

I bought my stunning  XKR convertible just days before lockdown, bloody well gutted, was really looking forward to spring/summer :(.

So, wait, prices of used will drop as more people sadly lose their jobs when full lockdown returns in 3-4wks.

Same as me mate, picked my 435d m performance up on Saturday, lockdown on Wednesday

Won't get what I want on my other one which is still up for sale

On 28/05/2020 at 2:54 PM, Carl_t said:

My PCP deal ends September, so I'm due to pick my new car June, the price hasn't changed a penny on the cars I like, which has surprised me. 

Could try haggling with them