Sign in to follow this  
musclebubble

How do you get a full hormone test with your regular NHS GP?

Hi!

How do you got about getting a full hormone test with a regular GP?  I'm talking about Total T, Free T, Oestradiol, Prolactin, etc... and preferably FSA & LH levels too.

I know with my GP surgery when i asked for testosterone test, just the basic single blood count of total T, they even questioned me why do you want that for?  I asked about estrogen test too, but they didn't offer it.

If you are taking a cycle, and you'd want to know your levels before, monitor them during, and then post cycle., it's gonna be pricey doing multiple tests private. 

Could you get referred to and ENDO by telling your GP , that you've done a cycle of steroids and you are feeling terrible? 

thanks!

14 minutes ago, musclebubble said:

Hi!

How do you got about getting a full hormone test with a regular GP?  I'm talking about Total T, Free T, Oestradiol, Prolactin, etc... and preferably FSA & LH levels too.

I know with my GP surgery when i asked for testosterone test, just the basic single blood count of total T, they even questioned me why do you want that for?  I asked about estrogen test too, but they didn't offer it.

If you are taking a cycle, and you'd want to know your levels before, monitor them during, and then post cycle., it's gonna be pricey doing multiple tests private. 

Could you get referred to and ENDO by telling your GP , that you've done a cycle of steroids and you are feeling terrible? 

thanks!

There's a reason why we order tests online mate lol we don't pay for the fun of it :lol:

With a lot of difficulty. At best my GP would give me just a serum test level and an NHS steroid clinic did serum test, lipids and LFT.

51 minutes ago, musclebubble said:

Hi!

thanks!

It will totally depend on your GP. Some will help you concentrating on harm reduction, others will basically see you as a waste of resources, and will only help if you stop all steroid use.

People say that you shouldn't waste the NHS time, but if you pay your taxes I dont see why your not entitled. If not give me back my national insurance contributions and I'll get my own medical cover for that price youd get full cover for whatever you wanted.

20 minutes ago, lewdylewd said:

It will totally depend on your GP. Some will help you concentrating on harm reduction, others will basically see you as a waste of resources, and will only help if you stop all steroid use.

People say that you shouldn't waste the NHS time, but if you pay your taxes I dont see why your not entitled. If not give me back my national insurance contributions and I'll get my own medical cover for that price youd get full cover for whatever you wanted.

cheers! only worthwhile reply. 

I contacted a private hospital for a electrocardiogram and calcium score. They quoted me six hundred ish quid. Said fine, book me in. Then they said I’d need a gp referral. Went to my gp surgery to ask for one and the doctor I saw asked me standard questions about life style and wrote me a repeat test for cholesterol levels. I didn’t mention I use steroids and take prescribed statins anyway. Chol came back in range. Doctor refused to refer me for the scans even though I was paying privately. Unnecessary exposure to radiation, apparently.

I’d guess your gp will simply tell you to stop using counterfeit drugs that you purchased off the internet.

Go figure.

1 hour ago, lewdylewd said:

People say that you shouldn't waste the NHS time, but if you pay your taxes I dont see why your not entitled. If not give me back my national insurance contributions and I'll get my own medical cover for that price youd get full cover for whatever you 

Entitled. .

That word sums up so much thats  [email protected]#ed   up  in society. 

28 minutes ago, sean m said:

Entitled. .

That word sums up so much thats  [email protected]#ed   up  in society. 

In that context it is used to describe people who think they are entitled to something for nothing.

If I've paid (handsomely) for a service I am entitled to use it, that doesnt make me some snowflake influencer millennial snob.

3 hours ago, Sasnak said:

I contacted a private hospital for a electrocardiogram and calcium score. They quoted me six hundred ish quid. Said fine, book me in. Then they said I’d need a gp referral. Went to my gp surgery to ask for one and the doctor I saw asked me standard questions about life style and wrote me a repeat test for cholesterol levels. I didn’t mention I use steroids and take prescribed statins anyway. Chol came back in range. Doctor refused to refer me for the scans even though I was paying privately. Unnecessary exposure to radiation, apparently.

I’d guess your gp will simply tell you to stop using counterfeit drugs that you purchased off the internet.

Go figure.

Worried about your exposure to an ECG?  lol!

I've done ECG Some of my family members have had to get it done multiple times. There is no radiation or harmful radiation risk with an ECG.  If you have experiencing any heart issues , for example an irregular heart beat or pain, i guess you'd get it for free.  Otherwise if you're willing to pay £600 for the test, then you consider a  private doc for a session. I don't know the price of the consultation but i'm guessing it's under £100 for a 15-20 min consultation and prescription, and the online ones probably cheaper.

I've never tried a GP. I've only gone Medichecks, but it stands to reason that if obese people and smokers can get millions of £ spent on their treatment for obesity and associated issues cardiovascular etc. , junkies get methadone , we should be able to get bloods

7 hours ago, musclebubble said:

There is no radiation or harmful radiation risk with an ECG

The scan I was looking at definitely included an x ray. It was a while ago so I cannot remember exactly what. After the gp fiasco I decided to sack it all off.

On 23/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, musclebubble said:

Hi!

thanks!

Go and pay for it privately you ponce.  The NHS are heavily under funded and currently under pressure as it is with people who are actually ill, some of which of no fault of their own.

If you take UGL steroids which have been concocted in some Pakistani's basement, pay for your own extended treatment.  Reading things like this seriously pisses me off.  You are not entitled, bottom of the list when it comes to the NHS and their long list of patient waiting queues.

Best regards

14 hours ago, no-one said:

Go and pay for it privately you ponce.  The NHS are heavily under funded and currently under pressure as it is with people who are actually ill, some of which of no fault of their own.

If you take UGL steroids which have been concocted in some Pakistani's basement, pay for your own extended treatment.  Reading things like this seriously pisses me off.  You are not entitled, bottom of the list when it comes to the NHS and their long list of patient waiting queues.

Best regards

you're lame. These responses are 20 years old. Come with something fresh, you must be new around here, kid. LOL!

Wonder if these people are happy to pay for their own cancer treatment after years of smoking.

Would they accept a liver after years of drinking?

Mental health treatment after years of banging s**t coke up their nose?

People who are obese get treatment on the NHS, women get boob jobs. Fillers etc all paid for by the NHS.

This poor fucker wants a blood test and gets absolutely slaughtered.

*not that any of the above is ok*

6 hours ago, scottysafc said:

Wonder if these people are happy to pay for their own cancer treatment after years of smoking.

Would they accept a liver after years of drinking?

Mental health treatment after years of banging s**t coke up their nose?

People who are obese get treatment on the NHS, women get boob jobs. Fillers etc all paid for by the NHS.

This poor fucker wants a blood test and gets absolutely slaughtered.

*not that any of the above is ok*

There are always some newbies like that. (seen such responses for 20 years. Thats whyi said come with something new, kiddo :)) ). Generally yungens , and they've read similar comments on other boards/threads, and just copy them. Most of them are probably not practicing what they are preaching either, them and their families are using many resources of the NHS.  

On 5/23/2020 at 8:49 PM, musclebubble said:

How do you got about getting a full hormone test with a regular GP? 

Contract a condition that requires regular bloods... I have mine done twice a year but they tell me nothing, and even if I ask about something specific I get told 'in range'.

I personally would never bother the NHS with concerns about my hobby, and I certainly don't want it on my records so that steroid usage gets blamed for every future health issue, had enough of that when I smoked!

Yes we pay towards the NHS but that doesn't entitle us to demand bloods for personal reasons, nor does it allow us 'order' drugs we think we need like adex, nolva or even diazepam.

I buy my own steroids, I buy my own auxiliaries, I buy my own blood tests, all as and when needed, just makes life easier that way :)

15 hours ago, musclebubble said:

There are always some newbies like that. (seen such responses for 20 years. Thats whyi said come with something new, kiddo :)) ). Generally yungens , and they've read similar comments on other boards/threads, and just copy them. Most of them are probably not practicing what they are preaching either, them and their families are using many resources of the NHS.  

Have you also seen the same question over that same 20 year's ?

Um  same question same answer  what does that tell you  ? 

On 23/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, musclebubble said:

Hi!

thanks!

You'll struggle on the whole, with medichecks, Dave croslands EVOL and my youth revisited theres really no need to go to a GP for that nowadays,plus I see it as I'm using gear as a choice, so in the eyes of the NHS (And my own ethics) I shouldn't be using them for holistic reasons as I'm not hypogonadal and am using for revitalising/rejuvenating reasons.

Ive had bloods off nhs, but as said before they just tell you if you are in range. Plus they only check some values and youd save yourself time and hassle by just getting what you need private.

I had to phone in and see if i could get a copy of the results and was getting questioned why i wanted the results.

1 hour ago, musclebubble said:

Ok will do it online (medichecks).  I wanted to do it pre, during & post. However i can't afford 3 tests, so it will be 2 instead, pre & post.

You could do full blood panel  before and the cheaper  trt /hormone check midway