Lewpix

Working Out Regularly but Weight is Going Up

I’m a noobie when it comes to weight training, so please bear with me!

I’ve only been working out (weight training) for almost 3 months now. I have noticed muscle definition, which is great to see. 

However, I’m confused by what the scales are telling me. I eat around 1700-1800 net calories per day and do weight training workouts 3-4 times per week using the Fitness AI app. 

When I started, I weighed 77kg, and I still weigh that amount. I’m 180cm (about 6 ft). The scales fluctuate a little every couple of weeks. I’ve also found that my clothes fit tighter so I’ve started wearing a Medium t-shirt but used to wear a Small. 

Am I simply bulking up, which is why the scales are roughly saying the same thing and my usual clothes feel tighter? Should I worry about my weight? Is there a better/less confusing/more reassuring way to track my progress? 

The results I’m hoping for from all this training is mainly to stay lean, have ab definition, and some muscle definition. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

All looks good to me @Lewpix
If the T-shirt size is going up, it really doesn’t matter what the scales say. Keep an eye on waist measurement though, if that’s going up, you’re probably putting on fat. 

On 24/05/2020 at 8:18 PM, Spieren said:

All looks good to me @Lewpix
If the T-shirt size is going up, it really doesn’t matter what the scales say. Keep an eye on waist measurement though, if that’s going up, you’re probably putting on fat. 

Thanks!