Sign in to follow this  
Ricall420

Help required please

I'll try and give as much details as poss..

I'm a 42 male I currently weigh 220lb. I've trained with weights for 20 years but always just focused on getting as many Cal's in and taking as much gear as I could stand.

I've been clean for 4 years. ..still use to get to the gym b4 the lockdown.....I just want to get rid of body fat now.... I currently consume 1800 Cal's a day ..I use the my fitness Pal app to track my macros...also religiously get 2+litres of water in a day. 

I've read a few posts where guys are having the same issues and I'm assuming I'm not eating enough.. 

But some advice would be great ?

I am getting out and running twice a week and I'm on my feet all day as I'm a nurse and always do 12 hour shifts...

Any advice would be great ?

1 hour ago, Ricall420 said:

I'll try and give as much details as poss..

I'm a 42 male I currently weigh 220lb. I've trained with weights for 20 years but always just focused on getting as many Cal's in and taking as much gear as I could stand.

I've been clean for 4 years. ..still use to get to the gym b4 the lockdown.....I just want to get rid of body fat now.... I currently consume 1800 Cal's a day ..I use the my fitness Pal app to track my macros...also religiously get 2+litres of water in a day. 

I've read a few posts where guys are having the same issues and I'm assuming I'm not eating enough.. 

But some advice would be great ?

I am getting out and running twice a week and I'm on my feet all day as I'm a nurse and always do 12 hour shifts...

Any advice would be great ?

Hi mate how long have you been eating 1800 calories and also have you been keeping up with training or is it just running your doing the now?

1800 calories is low for someone like yourself if your on your feet all day and also doing cardio on the side. You want to take your time and save all your tools for later on when weight loss hinders.

Work out your maintenance calories online as a rough guess and go into a slight deficit, see how you get on. Keep up your training and when weight loss stalls again either drop the calories again or add in more cardio.

You dont want to go into 1800 calories straight away also as you will more than likely fail and is not stick to the diet.

Yes..it does effect my energy ..big time.

I reckon I've been dieting seven weeks..I was 16st 3lb.. now im between 15st 7lb and 15st 11lb depending on how hydrated I am... 

I'll get my maintenance Cal's.. how many shall I deduct from that number?

1 hour ago, Mickstar said:

Hi mate how long have you been eating 1800 calories and also have you been keeping up with training or is it just running your doing the now?

1800 calories is low for someone like yourself if your on your feet all day and also doing cardio on the side. You want to take your time and save all your tools for later on when weight loss hinders.

Work out your maintenance calories online as a rough guess and go into a slight deficit, see how you get on. Keep up your training and when weight loss stalls again either drop the calories again or add in more cardio.

You dont want to go into 1800 calories straight away also as you will more than likely fail and is not stick to the diet.

Just running at mo maybe with a few pull ups ..dips on the kids playground that I run near but zero gym work due to the gyms being shut

On 22/05/2020 at 8:47 PM, Ricall420 said:

Just running at mo maybe with a few pull ups ..dips on the kids playground that I run near but zero gym work due to the gyms being shut

Just keep doing what your doing mate keep active, but id up my calories a bit and continue to keep your activity levels up and when weight loss stalls, lower calories again slightly.

12 hours ago, Mickstar said:

Just keep doing what your doing mate keep active, but id up my calories a bit and continue to keep your activity levels up and when weight loss stalls, lower calories again slightly.

So ...what should I reset my calories too... 

The calculation on bodybuilding.com says my maintenance Cal's are 2500 ..so shall I use 2100 ?

48 minutes ago, Ricall420 said:

So ...what should I reset my calories too... 

The calculation on bodybuilding.com says my maintenance Cal's are 2500 ..so shall I use 2100 ?

How tall are you mate, plus id say your maintenance calories are higher than 2500 as well. If i was you id be eating at 2500 calories instead of 1800 the now and see how you get on. 

Take your time and try and lose the weight gradually, keep your activity levels up and keep a note of body measurements and scale weight.

33 minutes ago, Mickstar said:

How tall are you mate, plus id say your maintenance calories are higher than 2500 as well. If i was you id be eating at 2500 calories instead of 1800 the now and see how you get on. 

Take your time and try and lose the weight gradually, keep your activity levels up and keep a note of body measurements and scale weight.

I'm 5ft 10..