Off season :

1500mg test

1000mg deca

50mg dbol 3 x pd

10-20iu slin pwo (Humalog) 4 weeks on/off

Metformin during ‘off’ phase of slin

10iu gh pd  

T4 200mcg pd 

The pre wo slin I used years later as part of a cycle I put together myself.

1 hour ago, Cronus said:

wow 10iu ed dam expensive

It was made by ‘Kabi’ if remember correctly. Another that used to surface was Gentech. All Pharma as I’m pretty sure the Chinese stuff wasn’t around back then. 

Test was Testex Leo,  Androtardyl ( Schering) and Portuguese or UK Sustanon . Yellow top Organon deca. DBol came in tubs of 1000 from Thailand called Anabol. Romanian Naposim used to circulate from time to time.

British Dragon and GL (Generic Labs) were the first UGL’s to do the rounds.

4 hours ago, js77 said:

Off season :

1500mg test

1000mg deca

50mg dbol 3 x pd

10iu gh pd  

T4 200mcg pd 

Looks like a heavy cycle! How did you split your injections on a cycle like that? Alot of pinning I'd assume. 

How long were your cycles mate ?

And how did you feel with the addition of slin later down the years ?

5 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Looks like a heavy cycle! How did you split your injections on a cycle like that? Alot of pinning I'd assume. 

How long were your cycles mate ?

And how did you feel with the addition of slin later down the years ?

It was PRE wo slin that I used several years later. 

Humalog is used POST workout during that cycle.

That particular cycle would typically be around 4 months.

16 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Who doesn't like a good pump? 

Pscarb  I've seen your name mentioned on several forums for many years as a VERY knowledgeable guy. 

What would you say would be the best protocol for taking 5iu slin sub q pre workout. How would you split the food etc intake mate ?

I have been around for a few years, I don't give out insulin protocols unless I am working with someone and I have control of all factors, I have seen what insulin can do when it goes wrong and not with high doses.

Like I said there is no real muscle building benefit to using insulin, as was described in the podcast posted earlier it has no effect on increasing MPS above and beyond what would be released from eating food, it is not anabolic by the basic meaning of the word.

Plus if you use Insulin pre workout it stops your liver from releasing any if it is needed through the workout......not a good thing.

11 hours ago, js77 said:

Off season :

1500mg test

1000mg deca

50mg dbol 3 x pd

10iu gh pd  

T4 200mcg pd 

he didn't rate HGH yet had you using 10iu a day??

19 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

he didn't rate HGH yet had you using 10iu a day??

Sorry, i should have highlighted in that post that the gh component was my choice to include even through he didht think it was necessary. 

Unfortunately I used to have the ‘more is better’ mentality and genuinely felt that I was missing out on something miraculous by not using the gh.

2 hours ago, js77 said:

Unfortunately I used to have the ‘more is better’ mentality and genuinely felt that I was missing out on something miraculous by not using the gh.

a mentality we have all suffered from at one time or another I am sure.....

15 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

a mentality we have all suffered from at one time or another I am sure.....

With you on that one mate.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:19 AM, js77 said:

Quite the opposite.

Ive used novorapid 10-20 iu pre wo.

The protocol (as far as i can remember, as it was years ago) was...

Jab.... wait 10 mins then consume carbs/prewo's/isolate and start workout

Intra workout shake of carbs/protein/bcaa

10/20 mins after workout have another carb/protein shake or solid meal

The old rule of thumb in terms of carbs was 1iu x 10g of simple carbs.

The basic idea of pre wo slin is to 'shuttle' nutrients into muscle whilst training which produced the most insane pump which would last literally for hours.

Im sure guys who use this method today can give a more accurate nutrient protocol but this was the basic method.

so the reason i asked this is because it gets mega complicated so im probably going to oversimplify the query trying to write this.

1) Insulin tends to do nothing for muscle protein synthesis as it prevents proteolysis, meaning you have no free amino acids floating around. If you supplement them pre-workout, it also doesn't seem to do much.[1]

[1] "Insulin does not stimulate muscle protein synthesis during increased plasma branched-chain amino acids alone but still decreases whole body proteolysis in humans" - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5241558/

2) Because it prevents the breakdown of proteins, there's also the argument to be had that it will interfere with mTor signalling, whereby metabolic and mechanical damage to muscle fibres and muscle protein breakdown is a key factor to muscle growth [2].

[2]Resistance exercise initiates mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) translocation and protein complex co-localisation in human skeletal muscle - https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-05483-x

3) By taking insulin you're going to crash your blood glucose, meaning you're gonna need to rely on really fast simple sugars during the workout cos the insulin is also going to prevent glucagon release and glycogen being available to the muscle during the workout. so you're probably going to have shitty low volume which is the main driver behind growth.

Like, i get the use of insulin when you're on GH as it will help control your blood glucose and might offset the likely hood of becoming insulin resistant that way, but you're still probably going to overdo the exogenous slin and end up there anyway. You're also shutting down a primary driver of fat mobilisation, so you're probably gonna get really fat too.

Things have definitely moved on since I used insulin!!

It was punted as ‘the most anabolic substance known to man’!!

PWO use was the norm and then later PreWO was more popular, using your whole daily dose of gh PWO.

Some good info there guys.