3 hours ago, Iridium said:

No I mean how did it affect you compared to the 10mg?

Ohhh of course, apologies. It's early days yet. Personally I find the sleep aid properties of melatonin very subtle. Monday I am not usually that hungry anyway after eating more calories over the weekend, I'll give you a proper update Wednesday :thumb

40 minutes ago, pinting said:

Ohhh of course, apologies. It's early days yet. Personally I find the sleep aid properties of melatonin very subtle. Monday I am not usually that hungry anyway after eating more calories over the weekend, I'll give you a proper update Wednesday :thumb

Melatonin only works if there is no screen or bright lights.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:02 PM, Iridium said:

No I mean how did it affect you compared to the 10mg?

Yup, got the blue lights turned off my computer 24/7 and dim all lights getting closer to sleep.

13 hours ago, pinting said:

To confirm, I've found 0.7mg is as low I can go whilst keeping the appetite suppression. Still no joy with helping sleep, never mind!

Thanks @Clubber Lang for the pharma grade and @Iridium for getting me to drop the dose.

No worries pal I do 2mg extended release so its like taking 0.5 instant release

@pinting have a trial of different dosages.  Some swear by 10mg but for me I'd probably be comatosed.

I use the 3 mcg slow release and just like another poster has mentioned if not agitated can knock me out for hours. Just had one last night and 11 hours later here iam lol

Going back to @Clubber Lang's post, since I didn't have success with melatonin helping me sleep, I thought I'd give the supplement he uses a try (also contains melatonin): 

https://www.yamamotonutrition.com/eng/regexil_eu_version_pr31405

This is without a doubt the best sleep supplement I've ever tried. Not because it puts me to sleep better than anything else, but because it does so healthily (or so my research had led me to believe). Valium and alcohol put me to sleep very well, but negatively impact the health benefits of sleeping. I haven't woken up feelings fresh on a Thursday or Friday like this for years!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6366437/ (I assume the two additions which really improve sleep are Theanine  & GABA in this product).

Have been using it from the time lockdown has happened. Works great for me. I just take it half n hr before bed and don't bother with any gadget afterwards. Start low on dosages. 3 mg is a good dose to start with.

On 07/08/2020 at 1:03 PM, TERBO said:

@pinting My sleeping was getting worse so doc recently put me on Phenergan 25mg tablets... OMG they are like xanax, never slept so well and feel great the next day.

Available OTC.

X 2 for this hay fever tablet

Non addictive and zero sides

Danny

Gotta love these ones off Amazon - do not give to children plastered everywhere (apparently common Child sedative use in the US!)588B4521-4EAB-46DE-8C8C-9A1603F1585B.jpeg.8df1fd00c69644545bdb4825f7118551.jpeg

32 minutes ago, hmgs said:

Gotta love these ones off Amazon - do not give to children plastered everywhere (apparently common Child sedative use in the US!)588B4521-4EAB-46DE-8C8C-9A1603F1585B.jpeg.8df1fd00c69644545bdb4825f7118551.jpeg

Got a link?

Thanks for the update @TERBO. Glad you're sleeping better.

I use diazepam roughly 1 night a week for those times I really have to sleep early. The side effects of diazepam are well known with continuous use, but once a week I believe should be fine. 

I had a quick look into phenergan to potentially replace my diazepam for use once or twice a week. 25mg sounds like a great dose because it would only minimally affect REM sleep, the phase which is widely agreed to be the healing phase for the brain. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/171695/

Only had a quick look but couldn't find much information on diazepam's affect on REM sleep, just anecdotal reports of increased dreaming.

2 minutes ago, pinting said:

I had a quick look into phenergan to potentially replace my diazepam for use once or twice a week. 

Diazepam doesn't make me sleepy just chills me out, but I resorted to taking half a xanax for sleep, tried to keep it to every few days but it's hard to resist when I sleep so well lol.

Since taking the phenergan I've not touched xanax and had a deep sleep every night.

Takes a couple of hours to kick in but also depends on what else you're taking alongside it.