Half a lamb £60 full lamb £110 is this a good deal

Half a lamb £60 

Also

minced beef  5 kg £50

ribeye  4 kg £72

chicken fillets 5kg £25

sirloin 5.5 kg £90

fillet 2.5 kg £66

What do you think of these prices it’s proper butchers stuff not your supermarket crap

Mince  is expensive the last time I went Smithfield meat  market before  lockdown 3 kg  £12 chicken breast  5 kg £17

55 minutes ago, vetran said:

Half a lamb £60 

Also

minced beef  5 kg £50

ribeye  4 kg £72

chicken fillets 5kg £25

sirloin 5.5 kg £90

fillet 2.5 kg £66

What do you think of these prices it’s proper butchers stuff not your supermarket crap

Not really sure about the lamb,

However you can get 1kg of 5% beef mince in Alid's for under £6

1kg of lidls basic frozen chicken breasts is under £4

The steak prices look expensive but they can vary a good bit depending on how they get aged etc....

10 hours ago, cypssk said:

Mince  is expensive the last time I went Smithfield meat  market before  lockdown 3 kg  £12 chicken breast  5 kg £17

nasty foreign meat at smithfield, went there a few years ago and it was dirt cheap but it was all new zealand lamb, danish and spanish pork, brazilian beef, not a british animal in sight

3 hours ago, drwae said:

nasty foreign meat at smithfield, went there a few years ago and it was dirt cheap but it was all new zealand lamb, danish and spanish pork, brazilian beef, not a british animal in sight

I don't know  were all the meat comes from but I see lots of British  lorries delivering  meat  as well as lorries coming from other countries 

3 hours ago, drwae said:

Why is British any better? Quality etc wise not just cuz it's British 

56 minutes ago, mrwright said:

It'll be fresher for a start.

1 hour ago, mrwright said:

57 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

And we have better standards. We don't chop off pigs tails, stick them in a cage they dont have room to move around in, let them die and leave the bodies in there to rot

2 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Not necessarily unless your getting it straight from source, it's sorted packaged delivered displayed same as foreign

1 hour ago, drwae said:

And we have better standards. We don't chop off pigs tails, stick them in a cage they dont have room to move around in, let them die and leave the bodies in there to rot

That happens maybe in 0.1% of places and probably in the same amount of British places,  in fact there was a place in wolves maybe that found unusual amounts of blood on someone front drive 

Turns out they were butchering animals in shed and selling off.

Plenty of meat hand fed free range wanked off daily fairly treated from nice fields in fresh air and sunshine of new Zealand or walking in s**t in a field in Hull 

Apart from the environmental aspect of not shipping meat across the world and supporting local for locals sake there's 0 reason to go British from what I can see

Open to reasoning if anyone has reasons tho can't say I know much about meat 

4 minutes ago, mrwright said:

Not necessarily unless your getting it straight from source, it's sorted packaged delivered displayed same as foreign

That happens maybe in 0.1% of places and probably in the same amount of British places,  in fact there was a place in wolves maybe that found unusual amounts of blood on someone front drive 

Turns out they were butchering animals in shed and selling off.

Plenty of meat hand fed free range wanked off daily fairly treated from nice fields in fresh air and sunshine of new Zealand or walking in s**t in a field in Hull 

Apart from the environmental aspect of not shipping meat across the world and supporting local for locals sake there's 0 reason to go British from what I can see

Open to reasoning if anyone has reasons tho can't say I know much about meat 

Ever had Danish bacon? It's horrible stuff that gets covered in white gunk when you cook it.

2 hours ago, drwae said:

Ever had Danish bacon? It's horrible stuff that gets covered in white gunk when you cook it.

Isn't Danish bacon famously better than any other? 

21 hours ago, vetran said:

Half a lamb £60 

Also

minced beef  5 kg £50

ribeye  4 kg £72

chicken fillets 5kg £25

sirloin 5.5 kg £90

fillet 2.5 kg £66

Depends on the farm it’s come from. Mince feels expensive. I buy grass fed 99% mince for £8 per kilo.

Organic lamb I buy whole for £220 (24kg or so).

Only steak I buy is skirt / flank and that’s £8-£10 per kilo.

On 19/05/2020 at 1:02 PM, mrwright said:

Speak to any butcher they will tell you never buy chicken from Poland. Holland at a stretch but I’ll take Irish chicken over that muck any day 

9 hours ago, safc49 said:

Not pumped full of water, don't shrink when cooked

FB_IMG_1589960626077.jpg

What’s the country of origin out of interest 

33 minutes ago, Tricky said:

What’s the country of origin out of interest 

Where the meat is from or sold? 

No idea where its from, sold in Belfast/Lisburn 

13 hours ago, safc49 said:

Where the meat is from or sold? 

No idea where its from, sold in Belfast/Lisburn 

Sorry I meant where is the chicken from? My butcher in Armagh, well several ive spoke to said never to buy or eat chicken that hails from Poland. Apparently their living condition and how it’s prepared is something you would expect out of China or similar. I get 5kg or chicken. From Crossgar at £20 happy enough with that.