UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Running

263 views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Zoob1234 
#1 ·
Seems everyone is running during lockdown something I've done long before lockdown, had another runner tell me I shouldn't be running on the road (with no pavement) facing the oncoming traffic and that you should run with the traffic coming Behind you, that seems stupid to me. As better to see what's coming your way so as you have time to jump in the hedge or what ever if needed. What's everyone else's view?

#6 ·
Seeing traffic coming towards you does make sense and hopefully allows you to take action. But, and I could be talking bollocks here, I have noticed that if you are driving and you have someone running towards you on a country lane and you have to give way to to oncoming traffic, the runner gets closer and closer to you no matter how much you slow up. Then getting round them can become tricky or they end up stopping. If they are running away from you and you have to give way, they continue to put distance between you and them so overtaking them seems easier and safer. Tons of runners on the lanes near me so I think about this quite a bit.

#7 ·
I know pedestrians are supposed to walk on the side of oncoming traffic on any road without pavement(think it might even be law or in the highway code or something). Don't see why it would be any different if running.

At least that way you get to see who ran you over rather than being mowed down from behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.