Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dtmiscool

POST YOUR SET UP.

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Bang on ain't they, I've just got rid of my bodymax and got a body solid one instead but they are all do the same. You done the leg press on the bodymax yet? 

 

All that lot for a grand....plates, bars....everything??

Yeah that's the bodymax one I got it for 350 with all attachments and extras. Doing squats is amazing I go ATG and it feels so natural, you can even get in position to come down like your on a pendulum machine. Only slight let down is the position height for pressing can be a bit off but absolutely amazing but of kit 

Yes mate I started buying 5 days before the lock down but half the stuff I bought last couple weeks. Deals to be had out there I was literally on gumtree and eBay every 10 mins lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No pics. 
I have circa 1500kg weights(Olympic and DB’s). DB’s to 2-70kg, 200kg bumpers. 
2x Heavy duty power racks with various attachments(some home made bits). 
Squat stands(lent out). 
3x Olympic bars. 
2x Olympic curling Type bars. 
Seated calf raise. 
100kg stack low row. 
100kg stack pull down/high cable. 
2 x benches. 
Dumbell hooks. Ideal for heavy DB work. 
Chains. 
Woody bands. 
Heavy duty grippers

Would like; 

Bigger garage. 
Hack squat. 
Pullover machine. 
Donkey calf raise machine. 
Matching high cable machine so I can put opposite existing to create crossover. 
 

May make;

Farmers handles with heavy RSJ’s. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Got cancer about 3 years ago and the surgery damaged the nerves in my face, neck and shoulder

s**t but surely worthwhile. 
 

36 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I went in the garage (my gym)  a few weeks later and thought I've got to get this sorted so started back on the lightest weights possible and just built it up and built it up and after 6 months was back to where I was before the surgery.

Inspiration in itself. Nice one. :thumbup1:
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Yeah that's the bodymax one I got it for 350 with all attachments and extras. Doing squats is amazing I go ATG and it feels so natural, you can even get in position to come down like your on a pendulum machine. Only slight let down is the position height for pressing can be a bit off but absolutely amazing but of kit 

Yes mate I started buying 5 days before the lock down but half the stuff I bought last couple weeks. Deals to be had out there I was literally on gumtree and eBay every 10 mins lol

:thumb same here mate, I was even refreshing listings between my 'elastic band sets' 

3 weeks of 4 eyed searching and I managed to get some decent kit at decent prices but you did well with all that. You are sitting on 4k easy with pandemic prices!!!

The squatting on the bodymax is better than I imagined it, I like using the squat bar to do extra heavy tricep presses. So much you can do with them its endless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These set ups are putting mine to shame, it's a flat wooden bench, bar, 120kg of weight and 2x 25kg dumbbells. 

 

Quick question, does anyone have an ATX ram bar and have any views on it? My kit is actually rented from the gym while it's shut so pricing stuff to get on my own.

Still deciding between a squat rack and proper power cage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

These set ups are putting mine to shame, it's a flat wooden bench, bar, 120kg of weight and 2x 25kg dumbbells. 

 

Quick question, does anyone have an ATX ram bar and have any views on it? My kit is actually rented from the gym while it's shut so pricing stuff to get on my own.

Still deciding between a squat rack and proper power cage.

I’d hate someone to feel put off by what they’ve got. I’d probably get away with some squat stands, barbell, few DB’s and bench really. 
As for racks, the Mirafit racks have many a attachments cheap. Unless doing big lifts, not many will need something more heavy duty IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

No pics. 
I have circa 1500kg weights(Olympic and DB’s). DB’s to 2-70kg, 200kg bumpers. 
2x Heavy duty power racks with various attachments(some home made bits). 
Squat stands(lent out). 
3x Olympic bars. 
2x Olympic curling Type bars. 
Seated calf raise. 
100kg stack low row. 
100kg stack pull down/high cable. 
2 x benches. 
Dumbell hooks. Ideal for heavy DB work. 
Chains. 
Woody bands. 
Heavy duty grippers

Would like; 

Bigger garage. 
Hack squat. 
Pullover machine. 
Donkey calf raise machine. 
Matching high cable machine so I can put opposite existing to create crossover. 
 

May make;

Farmers handles with heavy RSJ’s. 

 

I would very much like a couple of 2.5kg plates and 2 more 20kg plates and I’ll be content with what I have. 

 

But jesus you have a lot! Props to you. I don’t have the room for all that lol. Barely had enough room for my rack. My barbell only has 5cm either side of it between the wall and conservatory window lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dtmiscool said:

I would very much like a couple of 2.5kg plates and 2 more 20kg plates and I’ll be content with what I have. 

 

But jesus you have a lot! Props to you. I don’t have the room for all that lol. Barely had enough room for my rack. My barbell only has 5cm either side of it between the wall and conservatory window lol. 

Def feel you on the 2. 5kg plates. I've had to use shopping bags with stuff in them hanging off the bar ends in order to micro load on my BB incline pressing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Flubs said:

;)....

40A55E67-B71B-49BE-A903-B19D9774406F.jpeg

It’s good to see you’ve got a few bits. From your writings of the coast, I’m guessing you couldn't be further from me otherwise I’d have lent you a few bits. 

19 minutes ago, dtmiscool said:

I would very much like a couple of 2.5kg plates and 2 more 20kg plates and I’ll be content with what I have. 

 

But jesus you have a lot! Props to you. I don’t have the room for all that lol. Barely had enough room for my rack. My barbell only has 5cm either side of it between the wall and conservatory window lol. 

If I recall rightly, you’re London way? Too far to lend you a few 2.5’s. 
Space is quite an issue for me as it’s all in a single garage with motorbike bits/wear etc and shelves of tools and consumables. Bikes have to come out to train and garage door is like Fort Knox so takes a while to undo it. 
I’ve been considering getting a welder so I can custom make more attachments for one of my racks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Def feel you on the 2. 5kg plates. I've had to use shopping bags with stuff in them hanging off the bar ends in order to micro load on my BB incline pressing 

I have some ankle/wrist weights that I used to add on the bars years ago. I also wore them on my wrists to get an extra 2.5kg dumbell weight at one time. Haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Def feel you on the 2. 5kg plates. I've had to use shopping bags with stuff in them hanging off the bar ends in order to micro load on my BB incline pressing 

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/body-power-rubber-enc-tri-grip-olympic-weight-disc-plates-2-5kg-x2.html

 

just bought these mate. £12.99 for a pair. Just been put on. I got my 1.25kg pair from here a few days ago and it came the following day. Was quick. 

 

2 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

It’s good to see you’ve got a few bits. From your writings of the coast, I’m guessing you couldn't be further from me otherwise I’d have lent you a few bits. 

If I recall rightly, you’re London way? Too far to lend you a few 2.5’s. 
Space is quite an issue for me as it’s all in a single garage with motorbike bits/wear etc and shelves of tools and consumables. Bikes have to come out to train and garage door is like Fort Knox so takes a while to undo it. 
I’ve been considering getting a welder so I can custom make more attachments for one of my racks. 

I’m Portsmouth based, as above I’ve just ordered some finally but I appreciate the sentiment bud. Thank you. Now I have all the micro loading a man will need and enough weight to see me through the next 3-4 months at least as I’ll no doubt need to built up some lost strength from the past 8-9 weeks or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

:thumb same here mate, I was even refreshing listings between my 'elastic band sets' 

3 weeks of 4 eyed searching and I managed to get some decent kit at decent prices but you did well with all that. You are sitting on 4k easy with pandemic prices!!!

The squatting on the bodymax is better than I imagined it, I like using the squat bar to do extra heavy tricep presses. So much you can do with them its endless 

Try standing underhand rows, with the catch off so you pull right from the bottom. You dont need alot of weight but feel amazing for lower lats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dtmiscool said:

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/body-power-rubber-enc-tri-grip-olympic-weight-disc-plates-2-5kg-x2.html

 

just bought these mate. £12.99 for a pair. Just been put on. I got my 1.25kg pair from here a few days ago and it came the following day. Was quick. 

 

I’m Portsmouth based, as above I’ve just ordered some finally but I appreciate the sentiment bud. Thank you. Now I have all the micro loading a man will need and enough weight to see me through the next 3-4 months at least as I’ll no doubt need to built up some lost strength from the past 8-9 weeks or so. 

I took ages off, I think from late November til a 5? weeks ago, felt weak as but the other day was DB pressing the 55’s. Chest is my weakest body part. I did 4 sets of 8 pull ups the other day too. I wasn’t going for it as my forearm was twinging. 
Muscle memory is pretty real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I’d hate someone to feel put off by what they’ve got. I’d probably get away with some squat stands, barbell, few DB’s and bench really. 
As for racks, the Mirafit racks have many a attachments cheap. Unless doing big lifts, not many will need something more heavy duty IMO. 

Nah I'm 46 now mate my days of heavy lifting are over.

I've actually been getting on well with the lighter weight, I actually think my lifts will be up slightly when I get back and settle in due to working high reps over the past few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dtmiscool said:

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/body-power-rubber-enc-tri-grip-olympic-weight-disc-plates-2-5kg-x2.html

 

just bought these mate. £12.99 for a pair. Just been put on. I got my 1.25kg pair from here a few days ago and it came the following day. Was quick. 

 

I’m Portsmouth based, as above I’ve just ordered some finally but I appreciate the sentiment bud. Thank you. Now I have all the micro loading a man will need and enough weight to see me through the next 3-4 months at least as I’ll no doubt need to built up some lost strength from the past 8-9 weeks or so. 

Thank you very much bro, just ordered. That's like 30 quid less than what they go for on ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Nah I'm 46 now mate my days of heavy lifting are over.

I've actually been getting on well with the lighter weight, I actually think my lifts will be up slightly when I get back and settle in due to working high reps over the past few weeks. 

I do high reps a lot then shift to an  increase in weight which obviously brings the reps down. 
so week by week will be like 

15. 
12. 
8. 
5/6. 
Then back up, sometimes reverse the above numbers or straight to top. 
Sometimes if my joints need rest I’ll do TUT with higher reps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

It’s good to see you’ve got a few bits. From your writings of the coast, I’m guessing you couldn't be further from me otherwise I’d have lent you a few bits.  

Thank you for the thought, I would have appreciated that. It’s amazing how much I’ve been able to do with very little. I’ve been creative with my furniture and taking advantage of having free time due to furlough. Walking, free stuff on the internet and weights in my tweeny garden. This week I’ve been doing 500 kbell swings a day with squats in between. It’s a thing I read on TNation. With a 4kg kbell I thought it would be a breeze, but my hams and glutes are saying nooooooo....  ha ha, who knew!

i have ordered two heavier bells though. Waiting for them to arrive.

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cronus said:

Thank you very much bro, just ordered. That's like 30 quid less than what they go for on ebay.

No worries big man. Yeah exactly mate. Bargain even with the shipping. They have that new rubber smell when they arrive too haha. 

 

ACCD2BE2-372C-49D1-8A62-E56DF209ADEC.thumb.jpeg.340e31496faf82635b4f49f3682593ba.jpeg

 

Thats the 1.25kg ones I ordered the other day from there, gives you an idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get a weight tree of FS this morning for the proper price aswell. 

Just need half a dozen 5kg plates now. Powerhouse charging too much for their rubber 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×