Sign in to follow this  
ezeeno1

Body’s broken

Hi,

Not posted for a long while, had few years away from the gym and nutrition and now after realising I’ve turned into a chubster I’m trying to get back fit. 

height 5ft 7, 88kg, unsure of bf% but high 20’s, early 30’s I’d guess. When I was in good nic I was 12 stone but I’d be happy at 12 and half now.

the issue is, I’ve being weighing and tracking everything I eat, even to the point of weight sauces and milk in the tea - varies each day +/- 50 cals but averages over the week to 1840 calories and in the last 3 weeks no weight loss has come about

no exercise at all and have a desk job although, last 4 days I’ve done 5 mile walk/jog in the morning followed by 45 mins weights.

Drinking 2litres of water a day.

now, I know losing weight takes time and consistency but in those 4 days of smashing it, no movement on the scale has been noticed not in the clothes. 

genuinely feel like something isn’t right and I maybe need blood test or a visit to the GP.

i attach a picture of me in shape and a little over 12 stone, when I use to track food etc so I’m no stranger to it and I know what I’m doing, it’s just now.... something seems off

thanks 

024D8ADA-63A2-4102-920C-CD40B60509E5.jpeg

34 mate. 

im using my fitness pal, I know it can be hit and miss with barcodes and some measurements so I’m being mindful that all the details are correct.

thanks

If you are not losing weight then you are still eating at maintenance or above. If you feel well the chances that some illness is causing you not to lose weight is remote. You never saw a fat person in a concentration camp.

I’m 6’4” and before covid was trained and around 17 stone. 2000 cals a day is my approximate maintenance. I also do a desk job.

You are either calculating the cals wrong, if not then drop them by another 200 to 300.

As above. How old are you? I found it quite surprising how much less food I need since hitting my forties.

If I drop them 2-3 hundred that sits me around 1500 cals.

that seems way to low especially as I plan on sticking with the exercise from now.

i get what you’re saying though about less cals etc but 1500 in my opinion is too low.

I’m sure I would lose weight though but doesn’t sound all that healthy 

If you added exercise after starting the diet then that may create a deficit depending on how long/strenuous the exercise is.

As to whether you consider 1500 cals a day unhealthy is up to.

My point was that I can weight train 3 times a week, cardio 2 times a week and play rugby on a Saturday afternoon and maintain 17 stone in weight on just 160 calories more than you are expecting to lose weight on?

You have only been exercising for the last 4 days. You need to give it more time. If you aim to lose 1 pound a week then 4 days is 1/2 pound. A glass of water weights about 1/2 pound. You could drink a couple glasses of water and think you gained weight, which you did but it would not have been fat. 

I would say keep the diet as it is and give it more time.

4 hours ago, ezeeno1 said:

34 mate. 

I would drop 200cals if you’re planning on staying sedentary. 
Better still, stay as you are and keep up the exercise you’ve been doing. 

Give it 2 weeks and see if that works. Keep us posted plz mate.?

Edit: If you’re keeping up the exercise you may need to up cals by 200. But I’d still leave it a couple of weeks before revising cals.