Sign in to follow this  
smiddy444

Covid19 and Low Test?

Word of warning because the only two media outlets reporting this are the Mail and The Indy, both of whom miss out details (on purpose) and try to scare people -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-men-testosterone-deaths-cases-covid-19-a9512501.html

Does this apply to younger and otherwise healthy low-test individuals? Or is it just coincidence (correlation not equalling causation, as ever) because these guys are normally old and obese?

Thoughts?

I ask because I'm totally off cycle and have been for a few months now. I know the risk of infection is very low, but I don't want to be "that idiot who messed up his steroid injection" in A&E. Plus, with the gyms shut I'm not training optimally anyway.

50 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I’m not having it. 1 limited study involving patients with a plethora of other health problems. Insufficient evidence to link causation in my view.

I’ve just pinned a mil to be on the safe side.

I hope Gavzilla doesn’t read this study.

Yeah I've since seen people with a medical background (albeit on Reddit) say that the study is something of a disgrace. Like you say, tiny sample size, patients all had serious co-morbidity anyway, they did "control for age" but I'm not sure what that means.

Want to pin myself to be honest, like I say though, don't want to risk infection just in case. Reckon I'll leave it a week or two until we see the "our ICUs are finally empty!" posts like we got from doctors in Italy on Twitter.

4 hours ago, Sasnak said:

I’m not having it. 1 limited study involving patients with a plethora of other health problems. Insufficient evidence to link causation in my view.

I’ve just pinned a mil to be on the safe side.

I hope Gavzilla doesn’t read this study.

I told yous lol!

23 hours ago, MrBrightside said:

Black people are also more likely to die from it but I doubt black people across the nation are desperately trying to change their skin colour. 

Yeah true, I think Whacko was the last of his kind.

Danny