Sign in to follow this  
Spieren

Anyone actually had flu..?

A lot of comparisons with COVID and Flu. 
Just curious how many of you have actually had the flu.?

Im 57 and only had it twice.! Big difference between flu and a heavy cold.  

You can't make comparisons between the flu and cv19. Cv19 is a sacred disease, biggest threat since ww2.

Comparing it with the flu is on a par with denying the holocaust.

Not sure if I've ever really had the flu. I had glandular fever when I was 14 and that sh1t kicks the living sh1te out of flu and cv19. Literally couldn't get out of bed for about 4 weeks.

I've had it twice. I couldn't move for days. I remember the first time I got it I was staying at my mum's. She put a glass of water next to me. I was desperate for a drink, but I didn't have to energy to move and drink it. It took me 3 or 4 weeks until I felt back to normal.

It always makes me laugh when people claimed to have the flu after one day off work.

I had flu once and I was bedridden for about 3 weeks. My kidneys hurt, I couldn’t eat and didn’t want to. I could barely get out of bed without staggering onto my knees and the sweat just poured out of me. It was an experience I truly hope never to have again. 

A bad cold is very unpleasant but there is a marked difference between that and flu.

Had flu one Christmas years ago. Totally wiped me out energy wise. Just slept and sweated for a fortnight. Couldn't eat or drink. Took me a good 6 weeks to feel totally well again. Makes me laugh when people at work are off for a couple of days and say they had the flu. 

I’ve had the flu once and it was pretty bad although I can’t really remember it that well.   I’ve had tonsillitis three times and that’s quite bad.   I would be pretty interested in anyone who’s had CV19 and the flu to compare them

4 hours ago, MickeyE said:

You can't make comparisons between the flu and cv19. Cv19 is a sacred disease, biggest threat since ww2.

Comparing it with the flu is on a par with denying the holocaust.

Not sure if I've ever really had the flu. I had glandular fever when I was 14 and that sh1t kicks the living sh1te out of flu and cv19. Literally couldn't get out of bed for about 4 weeks.

I had glandular fever when I was about 16 and it put me on my arse for about 3 months

4 hours ago, Chris Adams said:

It always makes me laugh when people claimed to have the flu after one day off work.

My lot all claim to have had flu "symptoms" to account for their 2 days off! At best they had a bit of a cold and at worst the fvckers think they have successfully fooled everyone with their cunning excuse for 2 days in front of the telly. 

Once had dengue fever - that's supposed be on a par with the flu and to be absolutely honest I thought I was dying. Everything hurt, light hurt my eyes, the pain in my head was unreal and just to make it that bit worse it gave me terrible diarrhea and vomiting but I physically couldn't get up off the fvcking bed. Absolutely terrible couple of weeks and not one of my top 5 best holidays that's for sure. 

I've had the real flu (not a cold you recover from in 3 days) back in 1999.

Felt like complete and utter crap for 3 to 4 weeks, couldn't move and had zero energy,fever,temperature,headaches,vomiting, sore throat etc

Had pneumonia in 2017, six weeks of torture . Similar to above but had trouble with breathing.

Yup. I’ve had it. 1992, I was only 19. The fever knocked me off my feet. My parents managed to get me into bed and there I remained for 3 days. I started to feel better but then took a turn for the worse. Parents had to call 999. I was admitted to hospital and spent 4 days in there wired up to a drip. Took me over a month to fully recover.

I got it again the following year or year after that (can’t remember) The fever was again brutal but I recovered quickly second time.

Not had it from that day to this. I always go to Asda’s for the vaccine these days.

Had it a few times in my 50 odd years. I certainly know the difference between flu and a bad cold that's for sure.

Last time was 3 years ago, a full week crawled up in a ball on the sofa, hot one minute, shivering the next.

Had it once and it knocked the stuffing out of me, I ached all over but my arms were worst they were killing me, I had no energy and was hallucinating because of the fever, I proper thought it was going to see me off. 

I've had things that read like flu about three times ever, in over 40 years.

Fever, sweating, too cold then too hot, delirious, just lying in bed no energy, and seemed like I had just lost days.

Thing is, they never lasted for more that 2 or 3 days, and everyone says it lasts for weeks.

Daughter had it when she was 2, started confulsing, had to take her to hospital and she stayed in for 3 days. Horrible for young kids. 186 died in 3 months in America during the 2017-18 flu season. We must lock down every winter! No? Do you not care about kids dying?

Had it once, i was 15 and like someone else said my mum brought me some Water and that lasted for 3 days next to me while i had 2 or 3 sips a day, remember coming downstairs after being bedridden being very disorientated, dehydrated and generally feeling out of it and that was at 15 Years old.