vetran

Anyone remember mick hart and his no bull bodybuilding mags

I remember him. He had a book out which gave lots of steroid advice, this was back in the early 2000s at least.

I remember him, they promoted their business with his son Nick as the 'spokesmodel'. They called it the 'Nick report' and it was basically his son doing a 12 week cycle and having his picture taken looking shredded.

Last i heard of him, Nick doesn't train any more and got fat and Mick had a heart attack and either went bankrupt or sold the business..... 

So on that happy note, got any more uplifting topics Vet? :D

the first forum I was on was Mick's and at the time he was one of the top guys to go to for info, trouble was he didn't grow his knowledge at the time so became irrelevant as better forums developed and gave more relevant information.

it was a good forum and i still speak with some of the guys i met on there......Chris gave up bodybuilding not long after....

37 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

the first forum I was on was Mick's and at the time he was one of the top guys to go to for info, trouble was he didn't grow his knowledge at the time so became irrelevant as better forums developed and gave more relevant information.

it was a good forum and i still speak with some of the guys i met on there......Chris gave up bodybuilding not long after....

His site is still up, its definitely a trip down memory lane with the format. 

8 hours ago, Pscarb said:

First forum I joined was muscle chat in 2007,you must remember that one :thumbup1:

1 minute ago, imtoosexy said:

'Got fat and had heart attack'.  What a wonderful advertisement for this wonderful pastime that promises great longevity and fitness :(

Tbh bodybuilding isn’t good for you full stop. Crossfit is good for you (no homo) but training your body to amass unnatural amounts of muscle is never gonna be good for you. It seems to me that joints start to suffer first. Chuck steroids in on top and there you go.

17 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Tbh bodybuilding isn’t good for you full stop. Crossfit is good for you (no homo) but training your body to amass unnatural amounts of muscle is never gonna be good for you. It seems to me that joints start to suffer first. Chuck steroids in on top and there you go.

Without steroids even?  A strong muscular guy who does sufficient cardio?...

15 hours ago, vetran said:

First forum I joined was muscle chat in 2007,you must remember that one :thumbup1:

Ha! I certainly remember that one mate. 

When my first wife got pregnant in 2004, I joined Musclechat to ask about the likelihood of getting someone pregnant midway through a test/deca/dbol blast.

If anyone’s wondering how the story ends, the clue is ‘first wife’.

29 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Are you suggesting that CF is free from steroid use and doesn’t put as much as physical strain on the body as bb’ing??? 

I worked with 2 high-level CFitters in London in 2017 and believe me, their drug use is comparable to most bb’s. They said the sport is plagued with injury. Rotator cuff, knee and undoubtedly be full of cartilage issues.

Sure, pro level heavyweight bb’ing is in no way going to compliment anyone’s health but there’s far more to bb’ing than that tiny subsection.

10 minutes ago, js77 said:

Are you suggesting that CF is free from steroid use and doesn’t put as much as physical strain on the body as bb’ing???

Nope, that’s not what I suggested. Steroid use runs through many sports and activities. Crossfit and similar programs are practiced by many people of all ages, the most of whom do it to keep fit generally.

Bodybuilding a practiced by few and a great deal of those carry too much weight and don’t do any cardio 

9 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Nope, that’s not what I suggested. Steroid use runs through many sports and activities. Crossfit and similar programs are practiced by many people of all ages, the most of whom do it to keep fit generally.

Bodybuilding a practiced by few and a great deal of those carry too much weight and don’t do any cardio 

I'm biased of course, but I believe a natty bodybuilder around 6ft and 15 stone (average approx) who does sufficient cardio is more likely to outlive any other male stereotype with a higher quality of life,  provided he continues to look after himself

58 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

You're saying here that bb 'isn't good for you full stop'........which is completely wrong.

'crossfit is good for you'........well yes it can be if you take the steroid use out and somehow make the brutal training completely safe.

CF and bb can be both healthy and very unhealthy. Your sweeping generalisations and these comparisons are not right at all.

I had a few letters and articles printed in his No Bull magazine. He used to send me T shirts and baseball caps and stuff in exchange. He put out 3 Layman's Guides - all of the info in them is pretty much out of date now. 

I saw him in a documentary on TV once where he was saying steroids don't cause any harm. The interviewer then said 'but haven't you just recently had a heart attack?' - he got all flustered and said that was caused by stress from running his business.

Often wondered what happened to him. 

17 hours ago, vetran said:

Oi old timer. It was muscleTALK not muscleCHAT.

I think the dementia might be affecting you as well me.

5 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Fraid I have to agree.

Seriously made me look at my future priorities and past mistakes.

Happy enough to be in such year round condition that I'm twice a year beach ready in 6.weeks.

That type of condition is doable max 45 mins daily.

And I'm happy with that.

Er...sorry for not being hardcore?

3 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Fraid I have to agree.

Seriously made me look at my future priorities and past mistakes.

Happy enough to be in such year round condition that I'm twice a year beach ready in 6.weeks.

That type of condition is doable max 45 mins daily.

And I'm happy with that.

Er...sorry for not being hardcore?

Sorry to sound smart arse but I'm 'beach ready' 365 days a year at 59. And Natty. And very possibly deluded...

4 minutes ago, imtoosexy said:

Sorry to sound smart arse but I'm 'beach ready' 365 days a year at 59. And Natty. And very possibly deluded...

If I looked like your avi at 59, dem gilfs be leaving snail trails brav.