Sign in to follow this  
atencorps

Sunak taking Piss Now

19 minutes ago, atencorps said:

Great news is newspapers as saying the bill for this virus will be north of 300 billion . Look forward to tax hikes end of the year . 

It's likely tax will cone down for a period immediately after, then when the economy starts to settle it'll jump up. 

When the unavoidable tax rises come in 

I'd like to see big tax brakes for the people that have worked through this period.  As a small pay back for not taking the 80%  sit on your ass payments. 

10 hours ago, Carl_t said:

With the furlogh scheme being extended to October, how bad will the recession be going into 2021? 

The government won't be paying full 80% from August onwards though, the employers will be asked to contribute to the total figure plus allow to work part time while furloughed.

21 hours ago, atencorps said:

Chancellor with a Billionnaire daddy in law now extending furlough until October. With 8 Billion + a month spent on this and we are only in May. Crazy how much debt is been built thats going to take decades to pay off. 

Only people winning are owners of netflix, amazon and joe wicks. Doing my head right in how much money is getting chucked around .

so your alternative is to have huge unemployment, people on the breadline...i am sure that workers prefer to have 80% of their wage than universal credit.

Its not about the owners of the companies its about the average worker.....

1 hour ago, sean m said:

I'd like to see big tax brakes for the people that have worked through this period.  As a small pay back for not taking the 80%  sit on your ass payments. 

Most people aren't "taking 80% for sitting on your ass payments".

They've been forced to 

My missus is a teacher, got emailed a letter from her union yesterday. This section below was bolded.

"On the advice of our union, we are writing to let you know that we do not believe it is currently in the best interests of staff, students or the wider community, to engage in a discussion about how our school will implement Government plans for wider opening from 1 June and, consequently, we will not attend meetings which are planning this."

So what they're basically saying is teachers should refuse to even discuss the possibility of going back to work full time on June 1st!

Complete lunacy. I can see this happening in other industries too. When the government finally tell people they must go back to work, there's going to be a hell of a lot (backed by unions) playing the "It's not safe" card.

And TBH the government will have no one to blame but itself. They've hyped the living sh1t of this thing, blown the risks out of all proportion and riled up all the lemmings and useful idiots into a frenzy.

May find it a lot harder to turn off the idiot tap than it was to turn on.

6 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

My missus is a teacher, got emailed a letter from her union yesterday. This section below was bolded.

"On the advice of our union, we are writing to let you know that we do not believe it is currently in the best interests of staff, students or the wider community, to engage in a discussion about how our school will implement Government plans for wider opening from 1 June and, consequently, we will not attend meetings which are planning this."

So what they're basically saying is teachers should refuse to even discuss the possibility of going back to work full time on June 1st!

Complete lunacy. I can see this happening in other industries too. When the government finally tell people they must go back to work, there's going to be a hell of a lot (backed by unions) playing the "It's not safe" card.

And TBH the government will have no one to blame but itself. They've hyped the living sh1t of this thing, blown the risks out of all proportion and riled up all the lemmings and useful idiots into a frenzy.

What else do you expect the unions to say. If Labour had told them to return to work, it would have been off to work you all go. 

7 minutes ago, Denied said:

What else do you expect the unions to say. If Labour had told them to return to work, it would have been off to work you all go. 

Yeh maybe. I think the unions are generally a pain in the ass even when Labour is in office.

Also, my missus's school emailed questionnaires to parents asking whether they'd be happy to send their kids back on June 1st. Of 23 that have come back so far, 11 said they definitely wouldn't be sending their kids back on June 1 as they think is not safe. 6 said they would be happy to send them back and 6 were unsure.

Don't think the government realise the can of worms they've opened with this lockdown sh1t.

28 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Spot. On.

20 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Yeh maybe. I think the unions are generally a pain in the ass even when Labour is in office.

Also, my missus's school emailed questionnaires to parents asking whether they'd be happy to send their kids back on June 1st. Of 23 that have come back so far, 11 said they definitely wouldn't be sending their kids back on June 1 as they think is not safe. 6 said they would be happy to send them back and 6 were unsure.

Don't think the government realise the can of worms they've opened with this lockdown sh1t.

My daughter is in Year 6, she won't be going back in June. It's not safe enough at the minute. 

6 minutes ago, Carl_t said:

My daughter is in Year 6, she won't be going back in June. It's not safe enough at the minute. 

Out of curiosity when will you think it's safe enough for children to return to school?

I'm only asking as a vaccine may never be developed - there isn't one for any other Coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, Carl_t said:

I have 2 kids myself , 11 and 14 and theyll be going back as soon as the idiots in charge will allow. I'm far more worried about the disruption to their education than the health threat posed to them by cv19.

Education was slipping slowly down in the UK long before this,

It'll plummet if we don't do something. As many will know distance learning is rarely a substitute for the real thing.

Not to mention that due to the internet etc.. school is many kids only real social contact with pals each week. 

I sound like an old c**t but we need to get the kids out and get them prepared for life, not cover them in cotton wool and keep telling them that its unsafe.

6 hours ago, MickeyE said:

I have 2 kids myself , 11 and 14 and theyll be going back as soon as the idiots in charge will allow. I'm far more worried about the disruption to their education than the health threat posed to them by cv19.

Totally agree with this. I’ve got 2 as well. My daughter is really missing school. Son isn’t but they both clearly need contact with others right now. Either that or they’ve had their fill of me being at home 24/7 and me and the Mrs dragging them out for walks.

6 hours ago, RalphPotawn said:

Out of curiosity when will you think it's safe enough for children to return to school?

This is the thing, nobody knows. Close the pub, gym, hairdressers, whatever but I reckon collectively it would be better for the children to be in school seeing as this disease doesn’t appear to bother them too much. There’s a number of reasons but the obvious 2 are kids having to go to grandparents instead and safeguarding. Not all will agree but that’s my lay opinion.

6 hours ago, RalphPotawn said:

I'm only asking as a vaccine may never be developed - there isn't one for any other Coronavirus.

Tbh I don't know. Its 6 weeks from 1st June to the end of term in July, she would of been sitting her SATS this week. She's missing her friends that's it she said. 

11 hours ago, sean m said:

In my defence Sean I’ve been employed since I left school at 16 (before if you count the jobs I had as a kid) and never been unemployed to date and I’m 47 now. I feel “unemployed” at the moment.

I’ve never “sat on my ass” in my entire working career. I’ve considered working elsewhere to top my money up and volunteering. Problem is my cunty boss won’t tell me how long my furlough period will last. All I know is I have to check on Monday mornings to see whether I’m back at work or not. 

So basically there’s not much I can do or plan for. 

I didn’t ask to be furloughed.....

2 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I feel “unemployed” at the moment.

Same mate. I actually feel guilty about not working. 

54 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

In my defence Sean I’ve been employed since I left school at 16 (before if you count the jobs I had as a kid) and never been unemployed to date and I’m 47 now. I feel “unemployed” at the moment.

I’ve never “sat on my ass” in my entire working career. I’ve considered working elsewhere to top my money up and volunteering. Problem is my cunty boss won’t tell me how long my furlough period will last. All I know is I have to check on Monday mornings to see whether I’m back at work or not. 

So basically there’s not much I can do or plan for. 

I'm not saying it's wrong or that anyone has chosen to be furlonghed. 

But it's gota bite for the people who have had to work through it  being at greater risk. And then probably still get stung by higher taxes.  

It's a bit like I feel a pissed that when I started with a mortgage it was up to around 16% and now my savings and (some of) investments are struggling to make anything . And this last few years /months are knocking chunks out of my  pension funds.

12 hours ago, sean m said:

I'm not saying it's wrong or that anyone has chosen to be furlonghed. 

But it's gota bite for the people who have had to work through it  being at greater risk. And then probably still get stung by higher taxes.  

It's a bit like I feel a pissed that when I started with a mortgage it was up to around 16% and now my savings and (some of) investments are struggling to make anything . And this last few years /months are knocking chunks out of my  pension funds.

I’m in the same boat as you here.

Anyway, I’m off to the garden centre today :P

On 5/12/2020 at 1:28 PM, atencorps said:

Chancellor with a Billionnaire daddy in law now extending furlough until October. With 8 Billion + a month spent on this and we are only in May. Crazy how much debt is been built thats going to take decades to pay off. 

Only people winning are owners of netflix, amazon and joe wicks. Doing my head right in how much money is getting chucked around .

Sunak should go back to running the family convenience store. 

On 5/12/2020 at 11:14 PM, Libertetogo said:

You kidding. If the government hadnt done anything and just let everything go as normal and we get 50'000 excessive deaths in 6 week period there would be hell to pay and everyone jumping up and down . They close the places for health reasons, most places could have stayed open workwise but if people start dying i doubt the company insurance and légal law suits would be able to stand up to much .  

The government cannot be seen to be allowing people to die. That isn't on at all....

On 13/05/2020 at 8:43 PM, Carl_t said:

Tbh I don't know. Its 6 weeks from 1st June to the end of term in July, she would of been sitting her SATS this week. She's missing her friends that's it she said. 

Here you go mate. This might ease your mind a bit. Posted today on channel 4 website. More chance of kids getting struck by lightning than dying from covid.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-what-are-the-coronavirus-risks-to-children

"How many children have died with coronavirus?

Since the outbreak began, two children aged under 15 have died after testing positive for coronavirus in England and Wales.

These are, of course, tragedies for the children and families involved. But if we’re thinking about the risks posed overall to children, it is important to consider them in context.

Professor Sir David Spiegelhalter at the University of Cambridge estimates that the risk to children of catching and then dying from coronavirus is one in 5.3 million."

How does the coronavirus compare with other risks children face?

The winter of 2017-18 saw an unusually aggressive outbreak of flu take hold in the UK and other countries.

Over 50,000 excess deaths were reported here, according to the Office for National Statistics – slightly more than the equivalent figure for the coronavirus outbreak so far.

Of those who died in the flu season of 2017-18, there were 16 “influenza-related deaths” among children aged under 18, according to government data for England.

Using the same methods as Professor Spiegelhalter, we might therefore estimate that the fatality risk children faced from the 2017-18 flu outbreak was around one in 742,000.

(That’s based on 16 deaths out of 11.9 million under-18s in England in 2017).

On this basis, we tentatively estimate the mortality risk to children from the 2017-18 flu outbreak was around seven times greater than the risk they currently face from coronavirus."

So now the teachers and parents are making noises they don't want schools to re open in June, the MSM decide its time to add a bit of "context" to the actual risks.

I've been searching for weeks to find out how many children have died and not been able to find anything concrete, until today.

14 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Here you go mate. This might ease your mind a bit. Posted today on channel 4 website. More chance of kids getting struck by lightning than dying from covid.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-what-are-the-coronavirus-risks-to-children

"How many children have died with coronavirus?

Since the outbreak began, two children aged under 15 have died after testing positive for coronavirus in England and Wales.

These are, of course, tragedies for the children and families involved. But if we’re thinking about the risks posed overall to children, it is important to consider them in context.

Professor Sir David Spiegelhalter at the University of Cambridge estimates that the risk to children of catching and then dying from coronavirus is one in 5.3 million."

How does the coronavirus compare with other risks children face?

The winter of 2017-18 saw an unusually aggressive outbreak of flu take hold in the UK and other countries.

Over 50,000 excess deaths were reported here, according to the Office for National Statistics – slightly more than the equivalent figure for the coronavirus outbreak so far.

Of those who died in the flu season of 2017-18, there were 16 “influenza-related deaths” among children aged under 18, according to government data for England.

Using the same methods as Professor Spiegelhalter, we might therefore estimate that the fatality risk children faced from the 2017-18 flu outbreak was around one in 742,000.

(That’s based on 16 deaths out of 11.9 million under-18s in England in 2017).

On this basis, we tentatively estimate the mortality risk to children from the 2017-18 flu outbreak was around seven times greater than the risk they currently face from coronavirus."

So now the teachers and parents are making noises they don't want schools to re open in June, the MSM decide its time to add a bit of "context" to the actual risks.

I've been searching for weeks to find out how many children have died and not been able to find anything concrete, until today.

Thanks for posting that. 

Isn't there something going about at the minute Kawasaki disease linked to covid in kids? I haven't read much into it though so I may be wrong. 

I'm more worried  my daughter picking it up at school and bringing it home and passing it onto me and my wife. At the minute we are all home, I'm furloughed, my wife's working from home and my daughters at home too. 

But

There is going to be a point where I have to go back to work and my Mrs back to the office having meetings etc