Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Perry87

Home full body workout

Recommended Posts

Morning all.

Thought I would post this up for critique, advice and you never know someone might find it useful. 

So with being stuck at home I decided to fashion a home gym outside.

I've set up a chin up bar, I've got 2× Dumbells with 25kg of weight each, 2 × kettlebells (8kg & 12kg), 4 different resistance bands and a TRX.

I've designed my Full body plan loosely based on JP's one he posted on Instagram last year. Sets and reps are followed, exercises differ slightly due to the limited equipment.

Standing single leg calf raises
1×15-20 1×20-25
Lunges
1×6-10 1×10-12
Nordic Curl Banded *1
1×8-12 1×12-15
Kneeling single arm shoulder press
1×14-17 1×20
Diamond press up (raised front)
1×14-17 1×20
Single arm bent over row
1×14-17 1×20
Concentration bicep curl
1×14-17 1×20

Standing Db bicep curl
1x8-12 1x12-15
Db incline press
1x8-12 1x12-15
TRX Dips (Feet elevated in front)
1×8-12 1×12-15
Rack Chin
1×8-12 1×12-15
Goblet Squat
1×12-15 1×20-25
Dumbbell RDL
1x12-15 1×15-20
Seated Calf raises
1×8-12 1×12-15

Waiter Bicep Curl
1×8-12 1×12-15 12,15
Standing shoulder press
1×8-12 1×12-15 12,12
Floor press 2x20kg
1×8-12 1×12-15
Pull ups
1×8-12 1×12-15
Pendulum Squat (TRX and Band) *2
1×12-15 1×20-25
Good mornings
1×12-15 1×20-25
Single calf raises banded
1×12-15 1×20-25

I've been increasing the weight as soon as I'm able to complete the rep range. 

I warm up for every exercise working up to and past working set weight. Warm up rep scheme 10,8,6,4,2.

Nordic banded curl *1 

I found these on Hypertrophy Coach instagram page.   https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-CkyLrlsBJ/?igshid=j4x53maz6qfr

Pendulem Squat. I also found these on the Hypertrophy Coach Instagram page.    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NwTZpFst5/?igshid=15yfncigy9aem

I'm 4 weeks in and feel like I'm making progress and even gains.

Anyway thoughts, opinions and criticisms welcome.

Screenshot_20200417-175056_Instagram.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Endomorph84 Thanks for the reply. What would change to de-fluff it?

3 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Im made up for you mate that you got access to all that equipment.

RE: your workout there's a lot of fluff in there tbh mate, keep it simple and don't over think it.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Perry87 said:

@Endomorph84 Thanks for the reply. What would change to de-fluff it?

Its a very structured workout and that’s fine. But it’s lockdown mate, IMO you should aim to get the most you can out of the basic exercises - ‘bang for your buck’ they say lol.

Just keep the exercises and rep ranges as basic as possible is all mate :thumbup1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2020 at 11:44 AM, Perry87 said:

Morning all.

Thought I would post this up for critique, advice and you never know someone might find it useful. 

So with being stuck at home I decided to fashion a home gym outside.

I've set up a chin up bar, I've got 2× Dumbells with 25kg of weight each, 2 × kettlebells (8kg & 12kg), 4 different resistance bands and a TRX.

I've designed my Full body plan loosely based on JP's one he posted on Instagram last year. Sets and reps are followed, exercises differ slightly due to the limited equipment.

Standing single leg calf raises
1×15-20 1×20-25
Lunges
1×6-10 1×10-12
Nordic Curl Banded *1
1×8-12 1×12-15
Kneeling single arm shoulder press
1×14-17 1×20
Diamond press up (raised front)
1×14-17 1×20
Single arm bent over row
1×14-17 1×20
Concentration bicep curl
1×14-17 1×20

Standing Db bicep curl
1x8-12 1x12-15
Db incline press
1x8-12 1x12-15
TRX Dips (Feet elevated in front)
1×8-12 1×12-15
Rack Chin
1×8-12 1×12-15
Goblet Squat
1×12-15 1×20-25
Dumbbell RDL
1x12-15 1×15-20
Seated Calf raises
1×8-12 1×12-15

Waiter Bicep Curl
1×8-12 1×12-15 12,15
Standing shoulder press
1×8-12 1×12-15 12,12
Floor press 2x20kg
1×8-12 1×12-15
Pull ups
1×8-12 1×12-15
Pendulum Squat (TRX and Band) *2
1×12-15 1×20-25
Good mornings
1×12-15 1×20-25
Single calf raises banded
1×12-15 1×20-25

I've been increasing the weight as soon as I'm able to complete the rep range. 

I warm up for every exercise working up to and past working set weight. Warm up rep scheme 10,8,6,4,2.

Nordic banded curl *1 

I found these on Hypertrophy Coach instagram page.   https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-CkyLrlsBJ/?igshid=j4x53maz6qfr

Pendulem Squat. I also found these on the Hypertrophy Coach Instagram page.    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NwTZpFst5/?igshid=15yfncigy9aem

I'm 4 weeks in and feel like I'm making progress and even gains.

Anyway thoughts, opinions and criticisms welcome.

Screenshot_20200417-175056_Instagram.jpg

As @Endomorph84 said. 

15 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Its a very structured workout and that’s fine. But it’s lockdown mate, IMO you should aim to get the most you can out of the basic exercises - ‘bang for your buck’ they say lol.

Just keep the exercises and rep ranges as basic as possible is all mate :thumbup1:


I would throw in some Romanian Deads using a dumbbell. Either one legged or two, depending on you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good. Have you done for single leg rdls? 

Maybe throw in some single leg hip thrusts (add as much weight as you like) and cannonball squats too (slow eccentric movement and a quick concentric motion)? If you use those as a finisher on a leg heavy session you'll 100% feel it the next day. Looks like a sound plan though :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×