UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Gym open

352 views 92 replies 31 participants last post by  Spieren 
#1 ·
AUGUST

#62 ·
Monday for me.

We're 2-3 weeks ahead for the lock down here in Spain so I would expect 2-3 weeks for you in the UK until the gyms open.
Where you based in Spain? I'm in Madrid one of the only 2 cities that refused to go to phase 1.
In theory they was supposed to open gyms on phase 2 here, but it seems like it may be end of the month.

Hairdressers are open, go figure.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
i cant see bars and gyms opening till mid-late summer. First things to shut will be the last to open.

personally i think its all BS and a man-made disaster. I believe it wasnt a man-made virus but the media has created this World wide f**k up.

should let the healthy free and those that already havent been exposed get exposed, you cant hide from it. You can get it and no have any symptoms. Let your immunity deal with it.

NHS hosiptals, ICU wards, no ones in them. Theyre more than ready for the "2nd" wave BS.

#15 ·
i cant see bars and gyms opening till mid-late summer. First things to shut will be the last to open.

personally i think its all BS and a man-made disaster. I believe it wasnt a man-made virus but the media has created this World wide f**k up.

should let the healthy free and those that already havent been exposed get exposed, you cant hide from it. You can get it and no have any symptoms. Let your immunity deal with it.

NHS hosiptals, ICU wards, no ones in them. Theyre more than ready for the "2nd" wave BS.
fu**ing stupid how they built these nightingales hospitals for millions of £ and never needed to use them

#32 ·
Booking time slots will never work. Peak time is peak for a reason as that's the only time most people are able to train - between 5.30 and 7.30. Most gyms aren't big enough to allow that many in so nearly everyone won't be able to train and then how far in advanced are you allowed to book? If its day by day you will have to be on their website or app at 12am and then there will be queues and those that won't get a slot will still have to pay membership fees. Also those that are training will have to keep 2m apart which is impossible unless it's some sort of circuit training as everyone has their own routines. I'll stick to resistance bands they are doing me a good turn at the moment

#49 · (Edited by Moderator)
The thing is surely we are all going to have to catch it at some point otherwise let's never leave the house? It wont vanish away over night magically.

You could be tested today and be fine but catch it tomorrow. I just don't know what government are doing? Yes, lockdown worked to ease the pressure on the NHS but now what and how long are we supposed to protect the nhs and "live" life indoors.

It's sad so many have died but most that have are of dying age or had some form of underlining health issues.

If chaps in their teens or 20s / 30s that were healthy were to be dropping like flies due to covid then I could understand this isolation and mass panic.

I dunno, bored of it now. The number of deaths each day don't even register to me on an emotion level now.

Rent over

#74 ·
Step Three The next step will also take place when the assessment of risk warrants further adjustments to the remaining measures. The Government's current planning assumption is that this step will be no earlier than 4 July, subject to the five tests justifying some or all of the measures below, and further detailed scientific advice, provided closer to the time, on how far we can go. The ambition at this step is to open at least some of the remaining businesses and premises that have been required to close, including personal care (such as hairdressers and beauty salons) hospitality (such as food service providers, pubs and accommodation), public places (such as places of worship) and leisure facilities (like cinemas)
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/884171/FINAL_6.6637_CO_HMG_C19_Recovery_FINAL_110520_v2_WEB__1_.pdf

Presumably gyms fall under leisure facilities - so early July at the very earliest.

#77 ·
I'm done with debating Corona virus, all I'm going to say is just wait a few years once this is all over and we start looking back at how "deadly" this virus really was.

There's going to be serious questions asked as to why there was such an overreaction to such a mild disease. Anyone feel free to resurrect this post circa 5 years from now and I guarantee I'm right :p

#78 ·
I'm done with debating Corona virus, all I'm going to say is just wait a few years once this is all over and we start looking back at how "deadly" this virus really was.

There's going to be serious questions asked as to why there was such an overreaction to such a mild disease. Anyone feel free to resurrect this post circa 5 years from now and I guarantee I'm right :p
Clown, it is a virus that kills people with no vaccine and highly contagious. Do you think the entire planet would shut down without the advice of top level scientists and medical professionals with a mild disease?

#84 ·
@ThatsLife another interesting tidbit of info would be that I just discovered that anyone that has symptoms of covid19 doesn't get autopsied so no true way of knowing what killed them.

Course this is what a nurse said. No idea how true, but I'm interested if anyone else could verify this.
I've always been skeptical of all these official figures regarding the disease, death rates etc.

They were interviewing two "covid survivors" on the BBC news the other morning, hamming it up saying how ill they they were etc, etc, then at the end of the article they said "we never got a test done though."- so in other words they may not even have had the disease, pure propaganda, just like the rest of this whole campaign.

#85 ·
@ThatsLife that's the worst part. You get someone that looks the part sounds the part and everyone takes it on face value. The news reporters are absolutely lapping it up, there is f**k all else they are reporting atm.

News saying we may have to wear face masks despite there being little to no evidence they protect you from f**k all. There's even a specific way of "donning" and "doffin" your mask and clothing to avoid contamination. The public don't know this and I doubt if they did they would bother.

#86 ·
@ThatsLife that's the worst part. You get someone that looks the part sounds the part and everyone takes it on face value. The news reporters are absolutely lapping it up, there is f**k all else they are reporting atm.

News saying we may have to wear face masks despite there being little to no evidence they protect you from f**k all. There's even a specific way of "donning" and "doffin" your mask and clothing to avoid contamination. The public don't know this and I doubt if they did they would bother.
The masks may help prevent you spreading it if you have the virus I've heard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.