Sign in to follow this  
paxman85.

Do steroids age you more quickly?

3 hours ago, imtoosexy said:

Then we can agree to differ.Eating like horse and training hard I think you can....and be more cut. But as said, he's about stength, not aesthetics

140kg and more cut? If you believe that, I doubt you even lift. 

As for the aging question, I suspect certain gear and especially dose related does but it's likely a combo of the whole thing, so excess food, extreme dieting, heavy steroid use, excessive training. That all stresses the body. I agree about JP, I respect the guy for his size, strength and attitude but I worry he's another stat waiting to happen. He says he's sensible with his bloods etc and who am I to doubt him but he's also 5 foot 6 and 300 pounds off season so how within sensible limits can you be. He seems now almost scared to lose size to condition himself for a show. Almost like at that huge weight at that height he's someone but if he drops 50 or 60 pound he's just another big muscular guy and Instagram is full of them. .. like his size defines him. 

4 hours ago, imtoosexy said:

My ignorance, didn't know him. I think his physique's 'ok'.  If he's on steroids then it's nothing outstanding and THAT physique is def attainable without drugs, easily, even at 54.  But he's obviously very strong and surely that's his objective

LOL

99%+ of the population could take all the PEDs in the world and never pack the amount of muscle on that Felix is holding in that pic.

And you think that's easily attainable without drugs. 

You have to be trolling. 

42 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

LOL

99%+ of the population could take all the PEDs in the world and never pack the amount of muscle on that Felix is holding in that pic.

And you think that's easily attainable without drugs. 

You have to be trolling. 

Well if we have to go steroid route and you're talking aesthetics he's no Lee Haney is he? ?? Lee four inches taller would've looked even better than he did in Olympia prime, no doubt

0f0eef17d38b55971df5c3e89960a057_400x400.jpeg

1 hour ago, albatross said:

I do wonder though what an ex Mr Olympia would consider a TRT dose? :D

Probably whatever his doctor prescribes him. 

There is a dependence on exogenous hormones once the HPTA is damaged beyond repair but the 'need' for high doses is simply in pursuit of muscle which can be addictive to some but as mentioned before Dorian was at an acceptance that he'd peaked, achieved what he wanted to and thus his career as someone in pursuit of building lots and lots of muscle was over and therefor large doses are no longer required. 

the people that can't accept when there time's up will be on a slippery slope to an early (ier) grave

you can't stay jacked forever.

Just because someone doesn't look old whilst on gear doesn't mean that gear doesn't cause aging. They may just have good genes. 

In my opinion it does.

3 minutes ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Just because someone doesn't look old whilst on gear doesn't mean that gear doesn't cause aging. They may just have good genes. 

In my opinion it does.

I think you make deal with devil, as it were,when you make decision to juice. That normally means premature ill health and death. But you all know that...

2 hours ago, imtoosexy said:

Well if we have to go steroid route and you're talking aesthetics he's no Lee Haney is he? ?? Lee four inches taller would've looked even better than he did in Olympia prime, no doubt

0f0eef17d38b55971df5c3e89960a057_400x400.jpeg

Ah so anyone taking AAS should be on par with Lee Haney? 
Joker. 

Also had Haney decided to be as strong as possible then it's wave goodbye to your abs. Was Haney in that picture strong? Absolutely he was, but was he as strong as he could be? No way, 50lbs heavier and he would be way stronger but the compromise to be made is he couldn't remain in that condition. 

On 09/05/2020 at 8:19 PM, Oxon Jay said:

Just take a look at the top strongman that should answer your question.

I posted the picture of Mark in response to Oxon Jays comment suggesting  that power lifters look old. 

IMO mark doesnt look old .

As for his condition Imtoosexy is judging him on bodybuilding aesthetics which isn`t relevant as he isn`t a bodybuilder. 

No one who is 5% bodyfat is at their strongest.  Comparing apples and pears. 

3 hours ago, imtoosexy said:

And if we're talking age, what about Albert Beckles when he was 61?...

maxresdefault (4).jpg

But his face does look 61 years old.

3 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Ah so anyone taking AAS should be on par with Lee Haney? 
Joker. 

Nope. Though conversely I'd love to know what Felix would look like Natty

10 hours ago, js77 said:

Dorian suffered horrendous bi and tricep injuries during his reign as Mr O.

He suffered a completed distal bicep tendon rupture which gave his arm the appearance of having half a bicep.  He suffered a bad tricep tear during his prep for his final Mr O win and he concluded his career straight afterwards.

I love Dorian and pretty much everything he stood for in the bb industry but you can really see how the ‘lifestyle’ took its toll on sago g his face. He looked in his forties when he was still in his twenties.

In most of those shots it was when he was competition lean with a hollowed out face. I think he looked alright in his thirties when the photos were done outside of the competitions. 

Steroids definitely could have kept his hair colour into his 50's...

7 hours ago, Bish83 said:

In most of those shots it was when he was competition lean with a hollowed out face. I think he looked alright in his thirties when the photos were done outside of the competitions. 

Steroids definitely could have kept his hair colour into his 50's...

I agree mate, the ‘depleted look’ puts years on everyone but there are a few off-season pics as well.

He looks fine in his 50’s though.

Is Eddie really that bad? I've read that a lot but wonder if it's a bit of a public persona whereas in "real" life he is different.