Sign in to follow this  
paxman85.

Do steroids age you more quickly?

I cant see how they can, diet , intoxicants, stress. lack of sleep and genetics are going to have more effect. 

Having a balanced diet, avoiding being overweight, maintaining cardio vascular health  and getting sufficient sleep are the best ways to stay youthful.   

Some people just age more quickly than others despite their lifestyle.   

I guess if you are referring to people who seriously abuse them then maybe, but these individuals usually abuse all sorts of substances .

6 minutes ago, dumbat said:

I cant see how they can, diet , intoxicants, stress. lack of sleep and genetics are going to have more effect. 

Having a balanced diet, avoiding being overweight, maintaining cardio vascular health  and getting sufficient sleep are the best ways to stay youthful.   

Some people just age more quickly than others despite their lifestyle.   

I guess if you are referring to people who seriously abuse them then maybe, but these individuals usually abuse all sorts of substances .

I think excessive use of just about any substance is likely to lead to accelerated aging.   I think with steroids however it can be somewhat more difficult to draw the line between usage and abusage in terms of dosages etc

26 minutes ago, dumbat said:

Would steroids not come under intoxicants and stress to the body, carrying extra mass, increased heart rate, higher blood pressure and possible organ damage as a by product.

As for the second paragraph, does it not cause poorer cardio health and bad cholesterol?

4 minutes ago, Denied said:

Would steroids not come under intoxicants and stress to the body, carrying extra mass, increased heart rate, higher blood pressure and possible organ damage as a by product.

As for the second paragraph, does it not cause poorer cardio health and bad cholesterol?

TRT probably wouldn’t, but anything above this prob would

When you say age do you mean appearance or what it’s doing to your insides. 

Either way I don’t think those doing a couple of 10 week blasts a year running half a gram are at that much risk, other than eventually needing Trt.

Those running massive doses on the other hand. Look at JP. Maybe 30 years old. Looks 45

37 minutes ago, Denied said:

I wouldn't classify them as intoxicants , they are not poisonous .

Yes increased muscle mass can place stress on your heart, but if you maintain good cardio vascular conditioning you can alleviate this to a fair degree. 

The role of cholesterol is still strongly debated in the scientific world , there is correlation but causation is yet to be proved.  

As I stated before if you look at extremes then there could some argument; but examples of people who suffered health issues from steroid use always involve pre-existing conditions or the use of other substances. 

2 minutes ago, Pancake' said:

Androgens are known to accelerate ageing for some. Just look at Dallas McCarver ageing over the years as an example. I don’t believe it’s just gear but balls to the wall training and tanning, contest prep phases that all contribute to accelerating the process. The opposite impacts being Mike O’Hearn that dude looks 35 ish.

Dallas had a pre-existing heart condition, people with heart conditions tend to look older, at least the few that I know do.

Plus I would class his steroid use as extreme.

35 minutes ago, dumbat said:

Dallas had a pre-existing heart condition, people with heart conditions tend to look older, at least the few that I know do.

Plus I would class his steroid use as extreme.

From what iv seen it does but I’m sure it dose dependent 

Ive seen a fair few who look alot older than they are because of steroids. To be fair most of them probably dont care as well. Bad skin, balding etc can age you quickly. I would say that if you follow a good protocol , look after your skin, drink plenty of water , eat a good balanced diet, good supplementation and also keep your health in check you can limit it.

Answering seriously, I'd have said yes if you're younger, but over 40? Probably not. You're likely be in good shape and not over indulge in normal vices- and obv not be fat. Whether you'll be healthier or not's another question of course

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

I think the heavy androgens have an aging effect

tren adds years to me and not just from the weathered look of insomnia.

I guess Tren would be the one that could accelerate aging; but do think that the process of putting oneself through hard training protocols also contributes to this?  

It`s probably hard to attribute it solely to AAS use

42 minutes ago, Oxon Jay said:

Just take a look at the top strongman that should answer your question.

They’re also just massive guys with huge frames and high bodyfat, often bald with lots of facial hair etc.   I’m not trying to be a strongman, I wanna have a fitness model type look

4 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

They’re also just massive guys with huge frames and high bodyfat, often bald with lots of facial hair etc.   I’m not trying to be a strongman, I wanna have a fitness model type look

So you`re really asking  "will I age quickly if I use steroids?" 

I would say if you are aspiring for a fitness model physique you should be able to achieve this without any AAS at all or a few mild cycles at most.

You probably  want to look for AAS that will help you maintain muscle mass while achieving low body fat rather then bulking compounds. 

20 minutes ago, dumbat said:

LOL no   Its Mark Felix  54 year old Strongman,  still giving his competitors a run for their money. 

He's awesome he is, far better character than Eddie Hall. 

2 hours ago, dumbat said:

So you`re really asking  "will I age quickly if I use steroids?" 

I would say if you are aspiring for a fitness model physique you should be able to achieve this without any AAS at all or a few mild cycles at most.

You probably  want to look for AAS that will help you maintain muscle mass while achieving low body fat rather then bulking compounds. 

I’m natty atm at May get on TRT and do like one half a gram blast a year but also may just stay natty