Sign in to follow this  
Mickstar

Luke sandoe dead at 30

1 hour ago, js77 said:

Jo used to hammer the recreational drugs and when she returned from the US, a horrendous meth habit followed her.

A real shame because, like Luke, she had the potential to  make a huge name for herself.

No sign of Luke of Luke suffering from addiction problems but mental illness comes in many guises.  

Addicted to Tren possibly.  That's known to mess with your thoughts. ?

5 hours ago, js77 said:

Jo used to hammer the recreational drugs and when she returned from the US, a horrendous meth habit followed her.

A real shame because, like Luke, she had the potential to  make a huge name for herself.

No sign of Luke of Luke suffering from addiction problems but mental illness comes in many guises.  

I didn't know she had a drug problem  I thought she was suffering from  osteoporosis  an depression 

4 hours ago, lancs_lad said:

Addicted to Tren possibly.  That's known to mess with your thoughts. ?

This is a drug used in a cyclical fashion with no addictive properties.

Luke also has been on record saying he isn't much of a fan of it as a drug and as such would use it infrequent and sparingly

he also was coming off the back of a lifting hiatus due to the lock down and had only just purchased home gym equipment 

based on all of the above information I'd say it was extremely unlikely he was using trenbolone in the weeks and months prior to his death.

A very close friend of Luke's, Ben Chow announced that Luke has been battling with inner demons since before his bodybuilding career so it's safe to say this isn't a hormonally induced mental health issue. 

Fouad Abiad and Ben Chow have set up a gofundme where you can donate as a tribute to his memory and family

https://www.gofundme.com/f/luke-sandoe-tribute-fund

it's a nice gesture regardless and even if not just for the tragedy of someone suffering with mental health issues taking their own life perhaps consider donating if you've enjoyed the many hours of content Luke has put out for free on Fouad and redcon1's YouTube channels. 

Actually had me in tears today this news. Even though I didn't know him I do have experience with depression and suicidal s**t. Was saying to my wife during his last podcast with Fouad that Luke seemed happier than usual. 

Impossible to see it coming from outside, no matter how close you are to that person. 

52 minutes ago, cypssk said:

I didn't know she had a drug problem  I thought she was suffering from  osteoporosis  an depression 

Terribly mate.  Depression goes hand in hand with the drug use.

Im not proud to say i actually did a couple of  'bumps' with her in Nandos in Slough!!  What a waste of a double breast wrap and peri fries.

56 minutes ago, js77 said:

Terribly mate.  Depression goes hand in hand with the drug use.

Im not proud to say i actually did a couple of  'bumps' with her in Nandos in Slough!!  What a waste of a double breast wrap and peri fries.

Who the f**k snorts their meth before they've eaten the chicken? Wrong way round mate!!

40 minutes ago, drwae said:

Who the f**k snorts their meth before they've eaten the chicken? Wrong way round mate!!

If only we knew each other back then!!!

3 hours ago, swole troll said:

it's safe to say this isn't a hormonally induced mental health issue

You’re one of the smarter ones on this forum

But for anyone to claim that years to decades of abusing copious amounts of non-prescription drugs, anabolic, exogenous hormones, ancillaries, insulin, HGH/peps, off-label drugs for sides at that level (BP etc), diuretics - however you want call or group them, had no effect on his mental health you are loony. 

Coupled with the fact bodybuilding generally (especially at that insane level) is incredibly unhealthy for both the body and mind, then add in the limelight of being semi-famous and pressure.

Yes it was his passion, yes he was fantastic, yes he wouldn’t have it any other way, yes he may have been suffering from other “demons” (it’s not a black or white scenario life)...but

Bodybuilding and the above 100% played its part in him ultimately reaching a state to commit suicide and I would go as far as saying if he wasn’t so deep into it, he might have not got to that stage. 

Huge loss, nonetheless. RIP. 

has it been confirmed that it was suicide? i'm more gutted if it was suicide than if it was something physical. he always came across as someone you'd like to have as a mate and seemed that way when i met him. horrible to think that he had no other course to find peace.

James Hollingshead pretty much said it was on his Instagram account, and his best mate Ben Chow said it was his choice to end his life. 

Still can’t believe it, was only listening to his latest podcast yesterday and you’d never guess he was in such a dark place. Tragic loss 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

But for anyone to claim that years to decades of abusing copious amounts of non-prescription drugs, anabolic, exogenous hormones, ancillaries, insulin, HGH/peps, off-label drugs for sides at that level (BP etc), diuretics - however you want call or group them, had no effect on his mental health you are loony. 

Coupled with the fact bodybuilding generally (especially at that insane level) is incredibly unhealthy for both the body and mind, then add in the limelight of being semi-famous and pressure.

Yes it was his passion, yes he was fantastic, yes he wouldn’t have it any other way, yes he may have been suffering from other “demons” (it’s not a black or white scenario life)...but

Bodybuilding and the above 100% played its part in him ultimately reaching a state to commit suicide and I would go as far as saying if he wasn’t so deep into it, he might have not got to that stage. 

Yep I have to agree with this too. 

Any drug that has a physical or mood altering effect (steroids 100% fall into this category), has the potential to be psychologically addictive. 

I haven't got a clue what his reasons for commiting suicide are, nobody but him will ever know, but Id wager that the bodybuilding and the gear would have played a huge a part in it. 

RIP

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Ben who knew him pre bodybuilding stated his mental health issues ran back to that time so yes I still believe that the steroids may not have played as much a role as you are suggesting

did the years of AAS abuse contribute to his deteriorating mental health, quite possibly 

but you took my quote directed at a particular post and trimmed it to fit in with your response.

further to that his sister commented on one of Fouads posts saying that she believes bodybuilding is what kept him going and gave him purpose.

It's all just speculation though and I'm well aware of AAS potential negative effect on mental health (insulin, hgh, peptides and diuretics however have no effect) but again if you refer back to the post I was originally quoting it almost seemed to exclusively pin the blame on an addiction to AAS which many of this forum suffer from, a portion of which without any notable ill effect on mental health. 

1 hour ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Nobody yet knows suicide or not.

Terry Hollands and Flex Lewis have both hinted that it was by talking about mental health in their tribute posts on Insta, but yeah, I don't think anything is confirmed until the autopsy.  

7 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Terry Hollands and Flex Lewis have both hinted that it was by talking about mental health in their tribute posts on Insta, but yeah, I don't think anything is confirmed until the autopsy.  

both Ben Chow and James hollingshead who were probably the closest people to him have both said it was his choice or something along those lines so yeh there doesn’t need to be any more confirmation than that Really does there. 

17 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

Any drug that has a physical or mood altering effect (steroids 100% fall into this category), has the potential to be psychologically addictive. 

I haven't got a clue what his reasons for commiting suicide are, nobody but him will ever know, but Id wager that the bodybuilding and the gear would have played a huge a part in it. 

I agree with what you are saying

however if one has mental health issues prior to using drugs can you blame the drugs for the mental health issues? 

of course not, you can say you 'think' they made things worse (as you've said) but they can never be the cause of the mental health issues if they were there prior to the person ever using the drugs.

5 minutes ago, swole troll said:

however if one has mental health issues prior to using drugs can you blame the drugs for the mental health issues? 

of course not, you can say you 'think' they made things worse (as you've said) but they can never be the cause of the mental health issues if they were there prior to the person ever using the drugs.

Absolutely, I'm not claiming the drugs caused his mental health issues, I don't think drugs are ever the cause of mental health issues, they're just a symptom of an underlying cause, a way of self medicating, a quick fix if you like. There no such thing as a "bad drug" it's we, the people who take them who have the problems. 

That being said though, combine an already fragile mental state, with drugs and the inevitable scrutiny and pressure that bodybuilding brings, a then you have a recipe for disaster. 

I hope he's at peace now. 

12 minutes ago, swole troll said:

Not only can substance misuse cause serious mental health issues, it can also exacerbate, amplify and change existing mental health conditions. Even people who have their conditions completely under control with medication can become seriously unwell again through substance misuse. So I would say that drugs and substance misuse really can, and often is, to blame. 

16 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Not only can substance misuse cause serious mental health issues, it can also exacerbate, amplify and change existing mental health conditions. Even people who have their conditions completely under control with medication can become seriously unwell again through substance misuse. So I would say that drugs and substance misuse really can, and often is, to blame. 

correct

cause or exacerbate 

however if the issue is already there it can only exacerbate it, not cause it 

this is the original quote of mine in question:

"A very close friend of Luke's, Ben Chow announced that Luke has been battling with inner demons since before his bodybuilding career so it's safe to say this isn't a hormonally induced mental health issue. "

induced meaning to cause.

this next part isn't directed at you Kazza: 

_

to clarify my views are that Luke had mental health issues prior to his AAS misuse therefor his suicide was not caused by AAS 

his spiraling mental health could have been exacerbated by AAS but that is merely speculation however what's certain is the stated timeline of Luke's mental health issues by his best friend Ben Chow AAS simply cannot have caused these mental health issues. 

I do not wish to keep rehashing this ITT 

I've just seen this gutted I see him At the gym He was  the biggest bloke I've ever seen a absolute monster, I follow him On insta and stuff you would never have known he was unhappy, i feel really sorry  for his kid such a loss 

15 hours ago, Sasnak said:

I’m just waiting for ukm’s most famous natty to sign in and offer his two-penneth. This thread is meaningless without his analysis. 

Show yourself Steveo 

Nooooooo, please :rage: