Sign in to follow this  
Manveer1

How to get back to maintenance calories then when to lean bulk?

Hi all, I am 28 years old and 6 foot 1. February 1st I weighed 13 stone 8 lbs (190lbs), then after following Jeremy Ethier's (YouTuber) cutting food plan I am now 12 stone 2lbs (170lbs) and managed to maintain most but not all muscle. 

It was initially a 2,500 calories a day plan for 2 months (180g protein, 280g carbs and 55g fat) , then last 2 weeks it it has been a 2,100 calories per day food plan. I am not on any kind of cycle. 

1)What will be my maintenance calories now? 
2)How many days or weeks shall I go back to my maintenance calories for before I start my lean bulk?
3)With the above info in mind how many calories per day should I do my lean bulk? Would I need a similar protein carbs fat ratio as mine above? I want to get back to 13 stone (182 lbs) but adding on just purely lean muscle. 

Thank you!!!!

Start by adding 100 back per week and monitor
2)How many days or weeks shall I go back to my maintenance calories for before I start my lean bulk?

Around 2/3 weeks
3)With the above info in mind how many calories per day should I do my lean bulk? Would I need a similar protein carbs fat ratio as mine above? I want to get back to 13 stone (182 lbs) but adding on just purely lean muscle. 

200/300 over maintenance, ratios are irrelevant watch protein and hit calories

39 minutes ago, B3NCH1 said:

Start by adding 100 back per week and monitor

Around 2/3 weeks

Sorry to hijack the thread but this is poor advice mate. You’ve missed out some very crucial information. If you are unsure/ don’t know then don’t answer, don’t just guess. 

15 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but this is poor advice mate. You’ve missed out some very crucial information. If you are unsure/ don’t know then don’t answer, don’t just guess. 

By making a non factual statement does not make it correct.

Sure you can ask details about specifics such as lifestyle, however I think you will find in general terms the advice is solid not poor, no guessing. :thumbup1:

34 minutes ago, B3NCH1 said:

By making a non factual statement does not make it correct.

Sure you can ask details about specifics such as lifestyle, however I think you will find in general terms the advice is solid not poor, no guessing. :thumbup1:

You didn’t tell him to re calculate his TDEE. You don’t just up cals by 100. You don’t just stay at maintenance for 2-3 weeks.

To put things into perspective I’ve emailed him an 8 week plan....

Ive also asked him specific questions about cardio. Because the amount activity he may have been doing (cardio and NEAT) matters 

Your advice is far from solid. 

5 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

You didn’t tell him to re calculate his TDEE. You don’t just up cals by 100. You don’t just stay at maintenance for 2-3 weeks.

To put things into perspective I’ve emailed him an 8 week plan....

Ive also asked him specific questions about cardio. Because the amount activity he may have been doing (cardio and NEAT) matters 

Your advice is far from solid. 

He doesn't need to recalculate it's called reverse dieting

Again, all your own advice, if you can't take someone elses opinion mate then don't give one.

I did mention you can ask specific details but in general terms it is good advice, trying to be smart doesn't suit you mate.

On 04/05/2020 at 11:29 PM, Manveer1 said:

Very dependant on you and what your TDEE is, can you add some information about yourself, how active you are etc...

For me I go by feel, I'd say 2 or 3 weeks until you get comfortable, then slowly increase by about a hundred per day over several weeks until your total daily intake is where it needs to be.

This again really depends, I'd say between 500 and 800 above your maintenance once worked out. I like to keep a steady balance calorie wise been the Marcos, so for example if your eating 1000 calories per day from protein, you should keep the same about for carbs and fat. Muscle will always come with a bit of fat and water, this isn't a bad thing as the body doesn't like being super lean.

Thank you!!!!

Put above what I would do.

Have a look at the diet videos by Evan centopani and fouad abiad, very good info and presented well.

1 hour ago, B3NCH1 said:

He doesn't need to recalculate it's called reverse dieting

Again, all your own advice, if you can't take someone elses opinion mate then don't give one.

I did mention you can ask specific details but in general terms it is good advice, trying to be smart doesn't suit you mate.

I was going to put myself through a contest prep this year before shows got cancelled. I bought books on contest prep and reverse dieting that show you how to do it yourself. It’s not my advice. It’s knowledge from professionals that I’m passing on.

He does need to recalculate because the calories he started on won’t be the same he ended on as he lost weight. Recalculating his calories is step 1 of setting up a reverse diet. 

Sorry for the late reply lads, my reply notifications went to my junk. 

@Tonysco - Im not very active, I do weights 4 times a week but an office job and no cardio :/. Thanks for the videos, they were useful cheers. 

@Endomorph8 I have replied to your message, you have been a great help i appreciate it a lot! The file broke things down a lot. 

Which other websites do people use for a good meal plan? https://www.bodybuildingmealplan.com/ and?