Sign in to follow this  
Scott bas

Blood tests - high crit

Hi guys had blood tests results back today.

showing high haematocrit and RDW 

first time this has ever come back out of range for me.Done some online reading but just confuses even more as much that I’ve read up on the normal ranges seems to suggest it’s actually not out of range.

currently on week 16

500- 750mg test pw 

60mg ananvar pd 

Was 150mg pw test before this cycle 

was taking 50mg tren ace every other day but stopped this about 2 weeks ago due to insomnia side effects.

Im thinking just drop the anavar and lower test back to 150mg test for a bit and get bloods done again 

24737A10-27DD-40F3-85AA-07126D632A90.thumb.png.9612148755da4a254e3cd285754e8e45.pngwould these results be any cause for alarm? 

9A2E632C-FB53-45F4-890A-8D53CD551775.png

B8C9AA02-6EC4-4EFF-B598-86C35B327EEE.png

B5663DE5-4CA1-4C99-8B18-3D122796677A.png

Thanks for the reply stargazer. To be honest I thought the same. Just wanted some secondary advice really from the people on here who know far more than myself!

This is something I was also considering doing feelingfine. But would you say at those levels it was necessary?

i just registered with give blood.co.uk but sounds  like they are busy and there may be a wait for an appointment.

where do you go to donate?

1 minute ago, Scott bas said:

This is something I was also considering doing feelingfine. But would you say at those levels it was necessary?

i just registered with give blood.co.uk but sounds  like they are busy and there may be a wait for an appointment.

where do you go to donate?

I am not a medical professional. With the corona virus going around, maybe blood donation services are not deemed a priority. If you are going to drop to a cruise and don't want to donate, then your levels could be fine. Just don't let it creep up too high because they won't take your blood if your hematocrit levels are too high. Then you need a script from your gp saying it is okay to have your blood drawn and they dispose of it. I forget what it is called.

Yes mate i suspected it was down to covid/other priorities 

think for now my best option may be to drop the anavar altogether and drop to a cruise/trt dose of test to be on safe side and retest in a month and see if it’s dropped 

20 minutes ago, feelinfine said:

I am not a medical professional. With the corona virus going around, maybe blood donation services are not deemed a priority. If you are going to drop to a cruise and don't want to donate, then your levels could be fine. Just don't let it creep up too high because they won't take your blood if your hematocrit levels are too high. Then you need a script from your gp saying it is okay to have your blood drawn and they dispose of it. I forget what it is called.

In my country is the opposite. They are begging for blood donations because due to the coronavirus situation, donations have gone down a lot and they are in need of blood.

Hi patmuscle

lipids no more than normal for me though for cycle/blast, they generally go pretty shitty towards the end but then all come back to normal after coming off/cruising 

Yeah I haven’t used anavar for years, only back when I was younger and blood tests were not something I thought about! always favoured Orals like dbol, lipids are actually slightly worse than they’ve ever been since started this anavar??‍♂️

that’s assuming it’s actually Proper  anavar, I have what I would class a ‘trustworthy supplier’ but I’m not convinced! Never no what these labs are actually using in my opinion. I see no difference in physique than when I was doing test/50 mg dbol 

22 hours ago, Scott bas said:

first time this has ever come back out of range for me.Done some online reading but just confuses even more as much that I’ve read up on the normal ranges seems to suggest it’s actually not out of range.

currently on week 16

500- 750mg test pw 

60mg ananvar pd 

was taking 50mg tren ace every other day but stopped this about 2 weeks ago due to insomnia side effects.

Im thinking just drop the anavar and lower test back to 150mg test for a bit and get bloods done again 

24737A10-27DD-40F3-85AA-07126D632A90.thumb.png.9612148755da4a254e3cd285754e8e45.pngwould these results be any cause for alarm? 

When did you draw the bloods?

My test level was 31nmol using 0.5ml test e per week... yours seems pretty low if your on between 500-750mg per week.

I had high hct and donated blood last year mine was just out of range after using for ages

Bloods were drawn Fasted on Friday, last injection of 250mg test cyp day before.

I was actually pleased with the test reading to be honest.

was your test e 25mg per ml ?

On 04/05/2020 at 8:22 PM, Scott bas said:

currently on week 16

500- 750mg test pw 

60mg ananvar pd 

Not overly worrying considering what you are but definitely something you want to be making proactive changes on as of now moving forwards.

If it was me I'd definitely start taking 3grams of omega 3 and 4 caps of supportmax daily to get those cholesterol numbers back in range, also add in 1000mg calcium-d-glucarate to get esteogen a tad lower too, increase water consumption to at least 3 litres aswell. 

Lipids are pretty good considering you are on orals, they will bounce back quickly once you stop the Anavar.

Good idea as mentioned to get the omega's,  decent mono unsaturated such as macadamia work wonders as well.

6 hours ago, Sustanation said:

Not overly worrying considering what you are but definitely something you want to be making proactive changes on as of now moving forwards.

If it was me I'd definitely start taking 3grams of omega 3 and 4 caps of supportmax daily to get those cholesterol numbers back in range, also add in 1000mg calcium-d-glucarate to get esteogen a tad lower too, increase water consumption to at least 3 litres aswell. 

Thanks very much for the reply mate 

will get that sorted ASAP 

i take omega 3 1000mg a day plus usual multivitamin pack but will defo get the others in there aswel 

thanks again for your help 

3 hours ago, Jay Walker said:

Lipids are pretty good considering you are on orals, they will bounce back quickly once you stop the Anavar.

Good idea as mentioned to get the omega's,  decent mono unsaturated such as macadamia work wonders as well.

Thanks jay 

yeah I’ve had lipids all over the place on a few occasions over the last few years, particularly when adding in orals like dbol or some tren , but they do seem to all come back in line once I drop back to a trt dose of test so wasn’t particularly concerned about them.

will 100% get some more supps mentioned on board 

as I say it was the crit levels that alarmed me more than anything  as something I’ve not experienced before and i know it takes a while for these to get back to normal.

was intending to stay on for another 4 weeks but unsure now as don’t want the level to rise more and cause any issues 

14 hours ago, Jay Walker said:

Most ref ranges are 0.54 upper limit, yours is fine.

Yes I’ve read this aswel mate 

I think Medichecks maybe shorten there ‘normal’ ranges to cover there arse a little bit to be honest 

3 hours ago, Scott bas said:

Thanks very much for the reply mate 

will get that sorted ASAP 

i take omega 3 1000mg a day plus usual multivitamin pack but will defo get the others in there aswel 

thanks again for your help 

No problem buddy, up your omega 3 from 1000mg to to 3000mg though for sure. 

10 hours ago, Sustanation said:

Hi mate 

is this the supportmax you mention ? 

and this will help with cholesterol levels?

many thanks 

02A42752-DF79-4D0E-A626-56DF2889DA06.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Sustanation said:

No problem buddy, up your omega 3 from 1000mg to to 3000mg though for sure. 

Will do 

thanks again for everyone’s help 

1 hour ago, Scott bas said:

Hi mate 

is this the supportmax you mention ? 

and this will help with cholesterol levels?

many thanks 

02A42752-DF79-4D0E-A626-56DF2889DA06.jpeg

Yes mate as it contains citrus bergamot which is proven to help with cholesterol the link for the studies is on their website, if you purchase it from Cardiff sports nutrition use code pscarb10 to get 10% off. 

1 hour ago, Sustanation said:

Yes mate as it contains citrus bergamot which is proven to help with cholesterol the link for the studies is on their website, if you purchase it from Cardiff sports nutrition use code pscarb10 to get 10% off. 

That’s great

thanks again