drwae

Do you pay for premium protein powder?

I've always ordered my protein or bulk powders myself but they can taste like s**t

I've received optimum nutrition chocolate a few times from a friend as a gift and it's always tasted absolutely divine, like a chocolate milkshake

Worth the extra ££ or not?

Any other brands that taste as good as optimum nutrition but less expensive?

Just now, Davemp said:

Use to use BP now using Myprotein  better deals and IMO better taste 

Just checked out BP and MP for the first time in years, did they get a lot more expensive recently? they're both running 35% off and even with that, 2.5kg of whey is £32.  2.27kg tub of ON is £40 on amazon at the moment. I always remember they were about half the price of ON before!:mellow:

1 minute ago, Davemp said:

Yes they both pushed their prices up. On myprotein put extra into the discount box 

fu**ing insane what they're charging now, just checked my old emails the last time I ordered from BP I got 5kg of chocolate whey for £43

7 minutes ago, drwae said:

fu**ing insane what they're charging now, just checked my old emails the last time I ordered from BP I got 5kg of chocolate whey for £43

£15 more now 

796BACFA-3C1B-492D-8F70-2E2CA132CCDD.png

29 minutes ago, drwae said:

I've always ordered my protein or bulk powders myself but they can taste like s**t

I've received optimum nutrition chocolate a few times from a friend as a gift and it's always tasted absolutely divine, like a chocolate milkshake

Worth the extra ££ or not?

Any other brands that taste as good as optimum nutrition but less expensive?

I only use myprotein when i find extremely good discounts mate otherwise is not worth it imo, id rather give 5 more pounds and go for a better quality powder

What i dont like about myprotein is that specially the cheap line proteins that we all order are made in a few different factories and there are variations within each bach. I ordered recently a vanilla and compared it to another batch i ordered some time ago and its a completely different taste, fu**ing annoying.

For isolate ive tried Yamamoto nutrition Iso-Fuji, the vanilla was fairly light but good, for regular whey concentrate i pick Optimum nutrition when i find it very cheap too, sometimes at iafstore they  put up some good offers 

15 minutes ago, Djibril said:

I only use myprotein when i find extremely good discounts mate otherwise is not worth it imo, id rather give 5 more pounds and go for a better quality powder

What i dont like about myprotein is that specially the cheap line proteins that we all order are made in a few different factories and there are variations within each bach. I ordered recently a vanilla and compared it to another batch i ordered some time ago and its a completely different taste, fu**ing annoying.

For isolate ive tried Yamamoto nutrition Iso-Fuji, the vanilla was fairly light but good, for regular whey concentrate i pick Optimum nutrition when i find it very cheap too, sometimes at iafstore they  put up some good offers 

I buy all my supplements from MP because of the deals and ease 

5FED963F-C799-4420-B32D-F755287A61F5.jpeg

No. When i used to bother with protein supplements I  just used MP bulk 5kg tubs.

Never bother with any now. I think many hugely over estimate how much protein is required anyway.

15 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

No. When i used to bother with protein supplements I  just used MP bulk 5kg tubs.

Never bother with any now. I think many hugely over estimate how much protein is required anyway.

After far too many years and far too many £'s I'm coming to the same conclusion. I gave up on it about 6 months ago. Training is still progressing nicely and the only difference I have noticed is my waist is tighter and less bloated. I came to the conclusion it was just calories I no longer needed. 

I drink mostly premium like Optimum Nutrition and currently I dirnk ISO 100 which I like better than ON. have never tried my protein or bulk powders, so I can't comment on that, but ISO 100 is amazing taste wise and easily mixable.

12 minutes ago, alphafit said:

I drink mostly premium like Optimum Nutrition and currently I dirnk ISO 100 which I like better than ON. have never tried my protein or bulk powders, so I can't comment on that, but ISO 100 is amazing taste wise and easily mixable.

Iso100 is the best tasting isolate ive ever tried. Many of their flavours are very good .

Only downside is the price

2 minutes ago, Djibril said:

Iso100 is the best tasting isolate ive ever tried. Many of their flavours are very good .

Only downside is the price

For 2.2 kilos I pay around 49 quids, just made a comparison with Impact whey from My protein  for 2.5 kilos it costs 39-40 quid. 10 pounds ain't that big of deal for me atlesat. Though I do agree it's a bit on the higher price range of proteins.

25 minutes ago, alphafit said:

For 2.2 kilos I pay around 49 quids, just made a comparison with Impact whey from My protein  for 2.5 kilos it costs 39-40 quid. 10 pounds ain't that big of deal for me atlesat. Though I do agree it's a bit on the higher price range of proteins.

Where do you order it from mate? 49 aint a bad price to be honest, i usually buy it like that when its on offer but dont find it very often on sale

42 minutes ago, Djibril said:

Where do you order it from mate? 49 aint a bad price to be honest, i usually buy it like that when its on offer but dont find it very often on sale

Amazon. Different taste have different prices though.

Do protein shakes even make a difference?  I am not sure it even does anything since I eat plenty of dietary protein anyway.

The only thing that seem to make a difference was pinning test. Imagine all the money wasted on supplements when test is so cheap and it is proven to work.

3 hours ago, Davemp said:

@drwae 

35g / serving  in weight gainer and 21g in impact 

That's not really right though mate, look at the serving size that's meant to be used. The weight gainer has less protein per amount of product, it's mostly carbs.

For me I use whey often, and usually buy from either MP or BP depending on what's cheaper.

Right now I'm going through 5kg of Bps hydrobeef since it was cheap.

A good tip is to buy a cheaper veg based protein like pea isolate and mix it half and half with a decent whey.

It stretches the whey out and sorts any issue with the amino profile.